What's your favorite (besides the CB1100) of course

Wisedrum_imp said:
easyriderhatch_imp said:
If you have ever seen the large book " the ultimate guide to Honda street bikes" I actually owned the CB550 in the book....not one like it but the actual bike. (I won't talk about how stupid I was to sell it a few years ago) I just really loved the bike compared to my CB750, CB650 custom and 900 custom. It handled great around town and on the mountain roads on 421. The only bike that has come anywhere close was my 99 Kawasaki W650.
I don't really compare motorbikes I posses. I take them as they are and enjoy them.
But in the case of the W800 it is something different. It comes pretty close and than
takes a step further.

Wisedrum
You chose wisely, Herr Klugetrommel.

Same for me. Every bike has equal stature. Whatever I'm riding is my favorite bike that day.

Riding one makes me think of the strengths and attributes of the others.

Weißhauer
 
Sort of a translation, but only sort of.

Wisedrum in German means "weise Trommel".
Ich bin klug und weise, mich betrügt man nicht.
In English this german idiom may look like, I'm clever and wise, you can't betray me.
Clever may mean wise. But somehow it describes something slightly different.

But nevertheless Wisedrum is just a nickname, that is simply put together out of my
profession as a drummer and my true last name Weise, in English wise.
This is the way it is, with nothing special in mind, like a kind of e.g. a buddhist thing,
although Buddha is alright.

Wisedrum
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Had one of those, very good bike. Only mod I did was Dale Walker slip on and Corbin saddle. Fast and comfy. 2015 ZX-10R works much better for me as a touring bike as I am a small guy. Still would not say it's better than the Honda, though. Different.
Wisedrum_imp said:
I like. Ulvetanna is a translation of Jack London's "White Fang" and is also a mountain peak.

I saw that "clever" was a synonym also.

I like to decipher usernames. Knew there was something to yours. Like "Edelweiss". What a language, what a history.

I am 1/4 German so it is of interest. Grandmother's family came to New York in the 19th century, I am told.
:beerchug:
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Had one of those, very good bike. Only mod I did was Dale Walker slip on and Corbin saddle. Fast and comfy. 2015 ZX-10R works much better for me as a touring bike as I am a small guy. Still would not say it's better than the Honda, though. Different.
Wisedrum_imp said:
I like. Ulvetanna is a translation of Jack London's "White Fang" and is also a mountain peak.

I saw that "clever" was a synonym also.

I like to decipher usernames. Knew there was something to yours. Like "Edelweiss". What a language, what a history.

I am 1/4 German so it is of interest. Grandmother's family came to New York in the 19th century, I am told.
:beerchug:

You're right in both aspects.
As far as concerning the language, although every native german can speak it
kind of "correct", the problems arise reading and writing it properly.
It will take many years, but there always remains a chance to fail.
This may be the case in every other language too.

Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Had one of those, very good bike. Only mod I did was Dale Walker slip on and Corbin saddle. Fast and comfy. 2015 ZX-10R works much better for me as a touring bike as I am a small guy. Still would not say it's better than the Honda, though. Different.
Wisedrum_imp said:
I like. Ulvetanna is a translation of Jack London's "White Fang" and is also a mountain peak.

I saw that "clever" was a synonym also.

I like to decipher usernames. Knew there was something to yours. Like "Edelweiss". What a language, what a history.

I am 1/4 German so it is of interest. Grandmother's family came to New York in the 19th century, I am told.
:beerchug:

You're right in both aspects.
As far as concerning the language, although every native german can speak it
kind of "correct", the problems arise reading and writing it properly.
It will take many years, but there always remains a chance to fail.
This may be the case in every other language too.

Wisedrum

You're right in both aspects.
As far as concerning the language, although every native german can speak it
kind of "correct", the problems arise reading and writing it properly.
It will take many years, but there always remains a chance to fail.
This may be the case in every other language too.

Wisedrum All the most radical politics and philosophy come from Germany. A guy could spend a lifetime studying that stuff. Weininger, Heisenberg, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Heidegger...of late I have developed a much deeper appreciation of Teutonic philosophy.

That said, I guess I have to admit that perhaps my 2013 BMW F800GS is right up there with my CB1100.

Or perhaps it is the other way around? :thumbsup:
[attachment=4772]
Forgot to mention H. L. Mencken; son of German immigrants, one of the greatest American journalists of the 20th century. He was the first to write a decent biography of Nietzsche, in part because he could read Nietzsche in the original German.
 
5 1st Gen. Yamaha FZ1's. 60 to 75 k trouble free miles on each one. Blue, Bee, Blue, Black, Blue.
Last one I hotted up with the ultimate of all the Ivans mods and a Muzzy full system. Sold it to a friend with the caveat I can ride it any time and if he ever decided to sell, had right of first refusal to buy back, at the same price I sold it to him for (which was an excellent deal) ;)
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Had one of those, very good bike. Only mod I did was Dale Walker slip on and Corbin saddle. Fast and comfy. 2015 ZX-10R works much better for me as a touring bike as I am a small guy. Still would not say it's better than the Honda, though. Different.
Wisedrum_imp said:
I like. Ulvetanna is a translation of Jack London's "White Fang" and is also a mountain peak.

I saw that "clever" was a synonym also.

I like to decipher usernames. Knew there was something to yours. Like "Edelweiss". What a language, what a history.

I am 1/4 German so it is of interest. Grandmother's family came to New York in the 19th century, I am told.
:beerchug:

You're right in both aspects.
As far as concerning the language, although every native german can speak it
kind of "correct", the problems arise reading and writing it properly.
It will take many years, but there always remains a chance to fail.
This may be the case in every other language too.

Wisedrum

You could omit 'German' and insert 'English speaker' and this statement would be true.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Wisedrum_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Had one of those, very good bike. Only mod I did was Dale Walker slip on and Corbin saddle. Fast and comfy. 2015 ZX-10R works much better for me as a touring bike as I am a small guy. Still would not say it's better than the Honda, though. Different.
Wisedrum_imp said:
I like. Ulvetanna is a translation of Jack London's "White Fang" and is also a mountain peak.

I saw that "clever" was a synonym also.

I like to decipher usernames. Knew there was something to yours. Like "Edelweiss". What a language, what a history.

I am 1/4 German so it is of interest. Grandmother's family came to New York in the 19th century, I am told.
:beerchug:

You're right in both aspects.
As far as concerning the language, although every native german can speak it
kind of "correct", the problems arise reading and writing it properly.
It will take many years, but there always remains a chance to fail.
This may be the case in every other language too.

Wisedrum

You could omit 'German' and insert 'English speaker' and this statement would be true.
The internet with its social media creates own ways of dealing with the written word.
Not to mention if smartphones are involved, which give the scenery a whole other outlook.
As long as you want to be understood....

Wisedrum
 
Another honorable mention I just remember from my motorcycling past of over 50 years, was my short lived Yamaha FZ1! It was a very well designed bike. Basically, the "creature comforts" and somewhat neutered version of the R1, with 5 valve heads and all!
 
I had a 1975 CB750F that I adored, right up until the woman in the caddy decided to run the stop sign & tried to kill me. Talk about a complete love affair! That bike was perfect for me.

I've owned a few bikes in the interim, but only the 2006 Suzuki M109R gave me the same kind of thrill. When I got rid of that, I kind of wanted to get another CB750F, but I also knew how much of a hassle that carburetors can be, so I started looking for a fuel injected bike that gave me the same thrill to look at as my old bike did. Well, the CB1100 is that bike.

So, in answer to the question:
1975 CB750F
Then: Suzuki M109R, though I really do like the blacked out B.O.S.S. version of that bike too.
 
I've had many bikes but my favorite was my 1977 Yamaha RD400. I got it senior year in high school, I got another one later on too. Had a super sport cb750 too that was a favorite.

Sent from me......
 
Thread starter
easyriderhatch_imp said:
If you have ever seen the large book " the ultimate guide to Honda street bikes" I actually owned the CB550 in the book....not one like it but the actual bike. (I won't talk about how stupid I was to sell it a few years ago) I just really loved the bike compared to my CB750, CB650 custom and 900 custom. It handled great around town and on the mountain roads on 421. The only bike that has come anywhere close was my 99 Kawasaki W650.
 
Back
Top