whats the diff between the cb1100 and the cb1100f

nitro50@comcast.net_imp said:
diff between cb1100 and cb1100f
About 30 years.

CB1100F 1983


CB1100 2013
87fa0e1c5aa48397dd3135c87794ad58.jpg
 
I'm gonna get lots of rotten tomatoes tossed at me for this...

...but I like the style of the 1983 better.

It was a period where I thought they were showing some imagination in motorcycle styling. The UJM format was good but bland. Harley hadn't really started its comeback; it was a few years before all the Asian companies would be deep into Vee Cruisers.

This was a natural progression of the UJM. A stepped seat, to give the little lady behind you a view of something other than your back. Yet still the operator sits in a natural position...not a crouch; nor reclined and unable to rise up. And the raised tail incorporating seat and fender.

I always liked the Nighthawk styling...hated to see the Nighthawk 250 go by the wayside. Wanted one as an around-town ride. Although I gather that in use they were mean, crude, poverty rides...DRUM BRAKES!...even erzatz-cruiser Rebel was updated to disks.

But the style was always pleasing to me.
 
JustPassinThru_imp said:
I'm gonna get lots of rotten tomatoes tossed at me for this...

...but I like the style of the 1983 better.

It was a period where I thought they were showing some imagination in motorcycle styling. The UJM format was good but bland. Harley hadn't really started its comeback; it was a few years before all the Asian companies would be deep into Vee Cruisers.

This was a natural progression of the UJM. A stepped seat, to give the little lady behind you a view of something other than your back. Yet still the operator sits in a natural position...not a crouch; nor reclined and unable to rise up. And the raised tail incorporating seat and fender.

I always liked the Nighthawk styling...hated to see the Nighthawk 250 go by the wayside. Wanted one as an around-town ride. Although I gather that in use they were mean, crude, poverty rides...DRUM BRAKES!...even erzatz-cruiser Rebel was updated to disks.

But the style was always pleasing to me.
I agree.

I've owned four nighthawks and very much like the styling. If Honda would bring over their CB1300 Super Four BOL D'OR ( CB1300 | Honda公式サイト ) I'd trade in my CB1100 for it but quick... sacrilege!
 
Flynrider_imp said:
nitro50@comcast.net_imp said:
diff between cb1100 and cb1100f
About 30 years.

CB1100F 1983


CB1100 2013
87fa0e1c5aa48397dd3135c87794ad58.jpg
About 30 years.

CB1100F 1983


CB1100 2013
9447230e376820d01785e6f80144f3eb.jpg

Also, the motor,
82 750F
Displacement: 748.00 ccm (45.64 cubic inches)
Engine type: In-line four, four-stroke
Power: 78.00 HP (56.9 kW)) @ 9000 RPM
Top speed: 203.0 km/h (126.1 mph)
Compression: 9.0:1
Bore x stroke: 62.0 x 62.0 mm (2.4 x 2.4 inches)
Valves per cylinder: 4
Fuel control: DOHC
Cooling system: Air
Gearbox: 5-speed
Transmission type,
final drive: Chain
Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 253.0 kg (557.8 pounds)
Fuel capacity: 20.00 litres (5.28 gallons)

CB1100 (European Model)
Dimensions (L x W x H)(m) 2.195 x 0.835 x 1.130
Wheelbase (m) 1.49
Ground clearance (m) 0.125
Seat height (m) 0.795
Curb weight (kg) 248
Engine type Inline four-cylinder, air and oil cooled DOHC
Displacement (cm³) 1,140
Bore × Stroke (mm) 73.5 x 67.2
Compression ratio 9.5:1
Maximum output (kW/rpm) 66 kW/7,500 rpm(95/1/EC)
Maximum torque (Nm/rpm) 93 Nm/5,000 rpm (95/1/EC)
Fuel Capacity 3.9 gallons


I sure wish I had a 5.28 gallon tank, as well! I miss my F's

(edit to add)
Doh! I missed the fact you were comparing the 1100's... I never had one, but always wanted one, hence my 2013. Imma let my post stand anyway, but here's the old 1100 specs
Displacement: 1062.00 ccm (64.80 cubic inches)
Engine type: In-line four, four-stroke
Power: 110.00 HP (80.3 kW)) @ 8500 RPM
Compression: 9.7:1
Bore x stroke: 70.0 x 69.0 mm (2.8 x 2.7 inches)
Valves per cylinder: 4
Fuel control: DOHC
Cooling system: Air
Gearbox: 5-speed
Transmission type,
final drive: Chain
Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 266.0 kg (586.4 pounds)
Fuel capacity: 20.00 litres (5.28 gallons)
 
Just choose what speaks to you. However the CB1100 is an homage to bikes of old with air cooled engines, and people buy them because that's what they like and want. You like the CB1100F better, and I would never give up my air cooled four with fins. No sacrilege here. Though I always thought, because of the look of the motor, that the 1100F was a water cooled bike.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Was the bottom picture taken on 89a in the Spars area south of Prescott?
I don't know. It's not my pic. I lifted it off the forum somewhere (i.e. found through Google images).
 
AndyHe_imp said:
JustPassinThru_imp said:
I'm gonna get lots of rotten tomatoes tossed at me for this...

...but I like the style of the 1983 better.

It was a period where I thought they were showing some imagination in motorcycle styling. The UJM format was good but bland. Harley hadn't really started its comeback; it was a few years before all the Asian companies would be deep into Vee Cruisers.

This was a natural progression of the UJM. A stepped seat, to give the little lady behind you a view of something other than your back. Yet still the operator sits in a natural position...not a crouch; nor reclined and unable to rise up. And the raised tail incorporating seat and fender.

I always liked the Nighthawk styling...hated to see the Nighthawk 250 go by the wayside. Wanted one as an around-town ride. Although I gather that in use they were mean, crude, poverty rides...DRUM BRAKES!...even erzatz-cruiser Rebel was updated to disks.

But the style was always pleasing to me.
I agree.

I've owned four nighthawks and very much like the styling. If Honda would bring over their CB1300 Super Four BOL D'OR ( CB1300 | Honda公式サイト ) I'd trade in my CB1100 for it but quick... sacrilege!
I agree.

I've owned four nighthawks and very much like the styling. If Honda would bring over their CB1300 Super Four BOL D'OR ( CB1300 | Honda公式サイト ) I'd trade in my CB1100 for it but quick... sacrilege! The Japs are keeping the best bikes for themselves those bloody boogers.
 
They have brought over the good stuff in the past, we didn't buy them. WE are the low life's.
 
SanPete_imp said:
AndyHe_imp said:
JustPassinThru_imp said:
I'm gonna get lots of rotten tomatoes tossed at me for this...

...but I like the style of the 1983 better.

It was a period where I thought they were showing some imagination in motorcycle styling. The UJM format was good but bland. Harley hadn't really started its comeback; it was a few years before all the Asian companies would be deep into Vee Cruisers.

This was a natural progression of the UJM. A stepped seat, to give the little lady behind you a view of something other than your back. Yet still the operator sits in a natural position...not a crouch; nor reclined and unable to rise up. And the raised tail incorporating seat and fender.

I always liked the Nighthawk styling...hated to see the Nighthawk 250 go by the wayside. Wanted one as an around-town ride. Although I gather that in use they were mean, crude, poverty rides...DRUM BRAKES!...even erzatz-cruiser Rebel was updated to disks.

But the style was always pleasing to me.
I agree.

I've owned four nighthawks and very much like the styling. If Honda would bring over their CB1300 Super Four BOL D'OR ( CB1300 | Honda公式サイト ) I'd trade in my CB1100 for it but quick... sacrilege!
I agree.

I've owned four nighthawks and very much like the styling. If Honda would bring over their CB1300 Super Four BOL D'OR ( CB1300 | Honda公式サイト ) I'd trade in my CB1100 for it but quick... sacrilege! The Japs are keeping the best bikes for themselves those bloody boogers.
I really can't blame them.

It's SO expensive to comply with our emissions standards, for such a small production run...motorcycles, today, are a market in transition. As toys, they're becoming something many stressed families cannot justify. But we're not so hard up, YET, that we have to rely on them as replacement for private cars.

That may come. But for now...for the embarrassingly-small production run that the American CB1100 had...it doesn't make SENSE.

I do like their styling for their domestic market. I'm really tired of cruiser-style; and the rice-rocket look never really appealed to me. Like I said...the Nighthawk format could have been a classic.

Or, maybe it's just me.
Rboe_imp said:
They have brought over the good stuff in the past, we didn't buy them. WE are the low life's.
Yes.

Although it's more a cultural change; and changing budget limitations, than it is malice or poor choices.

It's unfortunate. Unless the cycle makers find a way to sell them as practical transportation, rather than just sports toys.
 
Why did you have to link to the Honda Japan site? Every time I surf there I find something I wish I could get. I like the CB1300 in general, but this special edition is simply stunning:

25e278937eae5fe4fbcfaa06167220ca.jpg
 
Henrik_imp said:
Why did you have to link to the Honda Japan site? Every time I surf there I find something I wish I could get. I like the CB1300 in general, but this special edition is simply stunning:

25e278937eae5fe4fbcfaa06167220ca.jpg
I like the special edition also. There's also a version with a fairing:
0c58cf58faa4907207580c7f1718f63d.jpg
 
The special addition is simply awesome, I would have to spring for one if they ever decide to sell it here. BUT... I'll never part with the DLX so I'd have to find room in the garage for another bike, guess the wife's car would have to sit outside!!!
 
Back
Top