nitro50@comcast.net_imp
New to the forum
Thread starter
diff between cb1100 and cb1100f
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
About 30 years.nitro50@comcast.net_imp said:diff between cb1100 and cb1100f
I agree.JustPassinThru_imp said:I'm gonna get lots of rotten tomatoes tossed at me for this...
...but I like the style of the 1983 better.
It was a period where I thought they were showing some imagination in motorcycle styling. The UJM format was good but bland. Harley hadn't really started its comeback; it was a few years before all the Asian companies would be deep into Vee Cruisers.
This was a natural progression of the UJM. A stepped seat, to give the little lady behind you a view of something other than your back. Yet still the operator sits in a natural position...not a crouch; nor reclined and unable to rise up. And the raised tail incorporating seat and fender.
I always liked the Nighthawk styling...hated to see the Nighthawk 250 go by the wayside. Wanted one as an around-town ride. Although I gather that in use they were mean, crude, poverty rides...DRUM BRAKES!...even erzatz-cruiser Rebel was updated to disks.
But the style was always pleasing to me.
About 30 years.Flynrider_imp said:About 30 years.nitro50@comcast.net_imp said:diff between cb1100 and cb1100f
CB1100F 1983
CB1100 2013
![]()
I don't know. It's not my pic. I lifted it off the forum somewhere (i.e. found through Google images).Rboe_imp said:Was the bottom picture taken on 89a in the Spars area south of Prescott?

I agree.AndyHe_imp said:I agree.JustPassinThru_imp said:I'm gonna get lots of rotten tomatoes tossed at me for this...
...but I like the style of the 1983 better.
It was a period where I thought they were showing some imagination in motorcycle styling. The UJM format was good but bland. Harley hadn't really started its comeback; it was a few years before all the Asian companies would be deep into Vee Cruisers.
This was a natural progression of the UJM. A stepped seat, to give the little lady behind you a view of something other than your back. Yet still the operator sits in a natural position...not a crouch; nor reclined and unable to rise up. And the raised tail incorporating seat and fender.
I always liked the Nighthawk styling...hated to see the Nighthawk 250 go by the wayside. Wanted one as an around-town ride. Although I gather that in use they were mean, crude, poverty rides...DRUM BRAKES!...even erzatz-cruiser Rebel was updated to disks.
But the style was always pleasing to me.
I've owned four nighthawks and very much like the styling. If Honda would bring over their CB1300 Super Four BOL D'OR ( CB1300 | Honda公式サイト ) I'd trade in my CB1100 for it but quick... sacrilege!
I really can't blame them.SanPete_imp said:I agree.AndyHe_imp said:I agree.JustPassinThru_imp said:I'm gonna get lots of rotten tomatoes tossed at me for this...
...but I like the style of the 1983 better.
It was a period where I thought they were showing some imagination in motorcycle styling. The UJM format was good but bland. Harley hadn't really started its comeback; it was a few years before all the Asian companies would be deep into Vee Cruisers.
This was a natural progression of the UJM. A stepped seat, to give the little lady behind you a view of something other than your back. Yet still the operator sits in a natural position...not a crouch; nor reclined and unable to rise up. And the raised tail incorporating seat and fender.
I always liked the Nighthawk styling...hated to see the Nighthawk 250 go by the wayside. Wanted one as an around-town ride. Although I gather that in use they were mean, crude, poverty rides...DRUM BRAKES!...even erzatz-cruiser Rebel was updated to disks.
But the style was always pleasing to me.
I've owned four nighthawks and very much like the styling. If Honda would bring over their CB1300 Super Four BOL D'OR ( CB1300 | Honda公式サイト ) I'd trade in my CB1100 for it but quick... sacrilege!
I've owned four nighthawks and very much like the styling. If Honda would bring over their CB1300 Super Four BOL D'OR ( CB1300 | Honda公式サイト ) I'd trade in my CB1100 for it but quick... sacrilege! The Japs are keeping the best bikes for themselves those bloody boogers.
Yes.Rboe_imp said:They have brought over the good stuff in the past, we didn't buy them. WE are the low life's.
Yeah, get rid of that suzuki bandit fairing, and I'm all over that bike!Novice_imp said:
I like the special edition also. There's also a version with a fairing:Henrik_imp said:Why did you have to link to the Honda Japan site? Every time I surf there I find something I wish I could get. I like the CB1300 in general, but this special edition is simply stunning:
![]()