What's the Best 4 into 2 Exhaust ?

letsjet_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Gotta have a 4 into 2 Exhaust but there seems to be a lot of choices out there. Here's what I'm looking for so maybe someone can help me get the correct exhaust for me.

I like the quietness of the stock exhaust so more volume is not high on my list.
I know I lose the center stand on my 2013 Standard.
Will a chrome exhaust dis-color like the stock exhaust?
Something as close to the Deluxe exhaust as possible.

Or should I just do a OEM Deluxe Exhaust conversion like on one of the threads I've seen here on the forum?

Mainly looking for the retro look and would consider a 4 into 4 exhaust also.
 
The DLX exhaust has double walled chrome headers. If you fit them, or treat the stock headers in the way Chip Beck has, they shouldn't discolour.

dUh! had a 4 into 2 as I recall, but his bike lost an altercation with a deer. Ron in MO, I think, was the member who fitted the DLX system to his 2013 standard.

Wyvern and Pipemasters make 4 into 4 systems. There are undoubtedly others.
 
I too like the 4 in to two or 4 in to 4, but they are all very expensive. One of the reasons I am thinking about the 2017 and maybe fitting a DLX gas tank.
 
Hi Letsjet,
Have you looked at samurider web site, take a look at SP Tadao power box two tails, will fit with the oem header or you can change it out to something else, to get rid of the cat. I went with a Arrow header, [I like the colour of the header pipe's, light gold, after the bike is run for some time] and a two tails, not to loud, just the right noise for me.
 
so, has anyone found the best 4 into 2 exhaust.... that'll keep the classic look of the CB? its for a 2014 CB DLX Thanks
 
For me, the best 4 into 2 exhaust for the DLX is the stock DLX exhaust. It looks great, it's quiet, it fits, and it's paid for. What means "best" to you?
 
I can't recall many examples of 4 into 2 systems for the 2010-16 standard bikes. I'll have a search sometime. I'm pretty sure dUh! had one and so did another member who's name eludes me this morning and who sold his bike.

The other option you could pursue with Mr T is to see whether the 4 into 2 system Honda has put on the 2017 standard model that seems to be available only in Japan would fit earlier bikes.
Try these threads for starters. Ron in Mo was the member I was trying to think of. He sold his bike as I recall but fitted DLX headers to a standard. There are some photos of it in the second link below but be quick as they're hosted by Photobucket and God knows when they'll disappear.

Chrome Duals for 14 STD?
DLX Exhaust System Conversion
CB 1100 standard with dual exhaust
 
To my eye, the best looking 4-into-2 (or 4-into-4 for that matter) exhausts are those offered by Moriwaki Engineering. Not cheep, and no double-walled construction, but I consider their offerings to be most attractive of any of the options that I've seen and you know exactly what the materials are throughout.
 
I found a photo of dUh!'s 2013 with it's 4 into 2.

 
Back
Top