What's an RLET?

Wait PB. You mean you don’t have a Rear Light Extension Tube on your bike???

When riding FAST, spacetime can warp. The tube re-aligns the light so it is straight again and re-emits it. That way people behind you see you where you are and not where you appear to be.

The tube isn’t big as it works with quantum effects and is built into the lens. It’s all in the common service manual. ;)
 
Need to see my lawyer, cos I don’t understand your language..how many beers did you have??? :cool:
 
PB, I know what I’m talking about. I watch a lot of science shows on TV…
 
Seems to me Gemini has caught just the faintest whiff of the essence of an RLET. After all, the RLET ought to be the first spot on the canvas of the CB1100.
 
This has become such a fun game, so I thought I'd try Anthropic's Claude which provided me with the answer below. The question for y'all is whether I tell it where to look to understand it all.

I wasn't able to find a standard definition for "RLET" in a motorcycle context. However, given you're in Queensland, it's possible you might be referring to the R-LET or seeing it as a shorthand on a licence or document. Could you clarify where you came across it?
In Queensland, the motorcycle licence classes are:
  • RE Learner – lets you learn to ride a LAMS (Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme) bike under supervision
  • RE Provisional/Open – lets you ride a LAMS bike unsupervised
  • R – full unrestricted licence, any motorcycle of any engine size
Is it possible "RLET" is a condition code or abbreviation you saw on a licence card or a form? If you can share a bit more context — like where you saw it — I can try to pin it down more precisely.
 
I use an AI engine called Claude. I may have skewed the comparison by querying “Honda RLET.” It appears that the CB1100 Community Forum is having an impact on language and pop culture. :)

AI Overview

Based on community discussions, a "Honda RLET" is likely a slang term, often referred to as "farkle" in motorcycle communities, specifically the CB1100 Forum, symbolizing a customized or added accessory that serves a functional purpose while adding aesthetic flair. Some owners consider it a durable, essential add-on for customizing their motorcycles.

Usage Examples & Context:

Motorcycle Customization: An RLET often refers to a "farkle" (function + sparkle), such as an accessory, part, or accessory designed to enhance a Honda motorcycle's appearance or performance, similar to a "wedding ring" for the bike.

Iconic Item: Known for being highly durable, the RLET is a term of affection for specialized add-ons.

Synonyms/Related Terms:

Farkle: The most common term for functional + sparkling accessory.
Accessory/Add-on: A general term for any non-stock item added to the motorcycle.
Customization: A broader term for any modification, which the RLET acts as a specific component of.
 
See here for Claude's response to the input "RLET meaning motorcycle".
 
Its pretty hilarious how AI has came up with so many definitions for RLET which are totally wrong. I do love how they seem to reference the CB1100 community so we are making a large impact on the RLET culture.

Makes me curious if we start threads defining RLETs with crazy definitions how wild AI's response would become.
 
We're trending!
That's either good or bad, depending on how you look at it...

AI is very interesting... on the one hand, it took my voiceover career. I used to record sponsor announcements for the drag races we produced at my old job. Spent a weekend in the empty office with a microphone and recording software, burned a CD, and had the track announcer play it during down-time on the track. At the job I just left, when we started producing events, we needed sponsor announcements. Someone who knew I did recordings suggested that I do them. The I.T. guy said "Sounds like a good idea." He then had me speak in my "announcer voice" for two minutes while he recorded me. He then uploaded the text of all of the announcements, and in seconds, they were all recorded, in my voice. Creepy...

On the other hand, it's a problem solver. Last week, when Blood Bike #3 wouldn't respond to throttle input, I visted the boss' office on my way back from delivering with Superbird. I told him about the problem the BMW had. He went to Chat GPT and said "2016 BMW R1200RT in limp-mode, not reponding to throttle input". Within seconds, it spat out a list of likely causes, number one being a loose throttle cable connection. I went home, jiggled the throttle wire, and sure enough, it had backed out of the connector. Pushed it back in, and the bike was fine.
 
Milord aka Lord Popgun is undesputed leader in all RLET matters..
Personally, I've never met any Gemini or AI or ChatGPT guys at all... :)
 
I think the boss would catch it if he saw Honda parts show up on his credit card bill. 

But...
 

Attachments

  • a9d1aaf1-36f1-49f9-b716-fd968c9de8e1.webp
    a9d1aaf1-36f1-49f9-b716-fd968c9de8e1.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 44
Don't "heart" me yet... I haven't done it on the work bikes.
I'm swapping them in and out of my garage, and just remembering to cut the zip tie for the bell and transfer it from bike-to-bike is enough. I don't want to labor with transferring RLETs from bike-to-bike as well.

Not even sure if the good juju would work on a BMW. Triumph, yeah, they've saved my life. But BMW seems to reject anything that isn't OEM, and it might create more issues than I'd be looking to solve.
 
Back
Top