What we're hearing about our CB's?

The ferret_imp said:
Thanks, post deleted, spammer banned. Thanks for the help fellas
Just when I needed to fix my bong!
ride4now_imp said:
I'm at a light today... a younger guy pulls up 2 lanes over, no one is between us. He yells out...'hey, what year is that?' I yelled back... It's a 14, brand new. All I heard back was... WOW. That put a smile on my face... :)
I can't go anywhere on my CB11 without attracting attention.What I really hate are cagers driving close to me to get a good look at my ride.No one has made the remark about the Honda being small though.I just get tired of answering the same questions over and over.It's a whole lot worse than when I had my NH 750.I try not to stop anywhere when I'm out riding.I just need a break from the admiring hoards.Everything in moderation.
 
A really hot looking girl was admiring my CB in front of the Post Office a couple weeks ago. When I walked up she said: "is that your Honda?" I said "Yes, it is" and got on. She looked right at me and said: "You must have an enormous schvanstuka." I said "Yes, I do" and rode off.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
A really hot looking girl was admiring my CB in front of the Post Office a couple weeks ago. When I walked up she said: "is that your Honda?" I said "Yes, it is" and got on. She looked right at me and said: "You must have an enormous schvanstuka." I said "Yes, I do" and rode off.
:rofl:

And just for the uninitiated - I believe "schvanstuka" is Ukrainian for "monthly payment". ;)
 
:biker:
The Spaceman_imp said:
A really hot looking girl was admiring my CB in front of the Post Office a couple weeks ago. When I walked up she said: "is that your Honda?" I said "Yes, it is" and got on. She looked right at me and said: "You must have an enormous schvanstuka." I said "Yes, I do" and rode off.
A strange dream for sure. My dreams end a little differently.....
 
Although it is a "retro" style bike, I've had two people, both clearly born long after the high-water mark of the classic CBs, both notice and comment about how much they like my bike. There's just something about it that's cool and timeless.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cool story Short Timer, made me smile. Wish we could have known what the man was saying. Was he a motorcyclist in his youth? Or did he just want to be? I wonder.
I know what you mean, Ferret. I couldn't hear his words or even read his lips. Just had to take in his wrinkled old face break into a huge grin as he spoke to his partner. And when they finally came into the restaurant I gave a quick thought to approaching them and then let it pass. I didn't want to intrude or spoil the moment.
 
Nice stories, Short Timer and Spaceman. I know one of them's true. :)
 
Firstfour_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
A really hot looking girl was admiring my CB in front of the Post Office a couple weeks ago. When I walked up she said: "is that your Honda?" I said "Yes, it is" and got on. She looked right at me and said: "You must have an enormous schvanstuka." I said "Yes, I do" and rode off.
:rofl:

And just for the uninitiated - I believe "schvanstuka" is Ukrainian for "monthly payment". ;)
:rofl:

And just for the uninitiated - I believe "schvanstuka" is Ukrainian for "monthly payment". ;)
:rofl:




Cheers.
 
mikedude_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Thanks, post deleted, spammer banned. Thanks for the help fellas
Just when I needed to fix my bong!
ride4now_imp said:
I'm at a light today... a younger guy pulls up 2 lanes over, no one is between us. He yells out...'hey, what year is that?' I yelled back... It's a 14, brand new. All I heard back was... WOW. That put a smile on my face... :)
I can't go anywhere on my CB11 without attracting attention.What I really hate are cagers driving close to me to get a good look at my ride.No one has made the remark about the Honda being small though.I just get tired of answering the same questions over and over.It's a whole lot worse than when I had my NH 750.I try not to stop anywhere when I'm out riding.I just need a break from the admiring hoards.Everything in moderation.
There is a logical explanation to this. It is nothing more than an optical illusion. It all depends on the size of the rider, the juxtaposition of a horse jockey and a rugby player on a CB. There is also the viewers perspective. Most motorcycles here in the states are big displacement cruisers, compared to those it will appear small.

P.S. No one has made the small remark to me either :blush:
 
SanPete_imp said:
mikedude_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Thanks, post deleted, spammer banned. Thanks for the help fellas
Just when I needed to fix my bong!
ride4now_imp said:
I'm at a light today... a younger guy pulls up 2 lanes over, no one is between us. He yells out...'hey, what year is that?' I yelled back... It's a 14, brand new. All I heard back was... WOW. That put a smile on my face... :)
I can't go anywhere on my CB11 without attracting attention.What I really hate are cagers driving close to me to get a good look at my ride.No one has made the remark about the Honda being small though.I just get tired of answering the same questions over and over.It's a whole lot worse than when I had my NH 750.I try not to stop anywhere when I'm out riding.I just need a break from the admiring hoards.Everything in moderation.
There is a logical explanation to this. It is nothing more than an optical illusion. It all depends on the size of the rider, the juxtaposition of a horse jockey and a rugby player on a CB. There is also the viewers perspective. Most motorcycles here in the states are big displacement cruisers, compared to those it will appear small.

P.S. No one has made the small remark to me either :blush:
There is a logical explanation to this. It is nothing more than an optical illusion. It all depends on the size of the rider, the juxtaposition of a horse jockey and a rugby player on a CB. There is also the viewers perspective. Most motorcycles here in the states are big displacement cruisers, compared to those it will appear small.

P.S. No one has made the small remark to me either :blush:
I'm over 6'4 and at 325lbs so I make a lot of things look small:rolleyes:
As far as getting comments on the road from strangers with my cruiser I would often get the "nice" comment from bikers and a few while I had it parked. Nothing really where people went out of their way to say something......until this morning. I was waiting traffic during my commute when a van along side of me rolls the window down, a middle aged woman sticks her head out the window and tells me her husband says that my motorcycle is what motorcycles are suppose to look like and that they both love it. I guess the whole hyperbole thing I was suspecting really isn't hyperbole.
 
I've had several interesting comments from total strangers:
1. My first ride I had just parked and a family parked their car next to me. As the family was walking to the restaurant the husband stopped to compliment me about my bike and he asked me what year it was. When I told him it was brand new his wife immediately turned around and stated "he told me that was a classic!" We all had a good laugh.
2. I had a guy at a stoplight roll down his window and tell me "I had a bike just like that once". He was very surprised when I told him the bike was a 2014 model.
3. The guy at the car parts store asked me what year my bike was and I asked him what year did he think. He responded "1970 something". He was surprised also when I told him it was a 2014.

I've had multiple other similar encounters, each time the observer mistook my 2014 CB1100 for a nicely restored classic.
 
I've had many comments and questions very similar to those you have received. Safe to say Honda's design team "exceeded" expectations with the retro look on the CB1100.
 
I haven't "heard" anything as of late, but I got a hardy thumbs up from a guy riding a Goldwing with a cast on his left arm heading south on 101 today. :D
 
I've had 2 guys comment on the amazing powder coat job that was done on the engine, where did I have that done??? :) . And how long did it take to restore it? It looks so darn new! Couple days ago I went over to a clients office. (Aviation research place) and the head A&P (Aircraft Mechie) saw me walk in with my helmet in hand. Yells across the hangar, "see you didn't sell the Cruiser yet huh?" I yelled back, "No I sold it and picked up a CB1100 a few days ago". He replies, "Cool, my first bike I ever did 100+ on when I has kid!! Went for an older bike eh? What year?". "2014!" I yell over the noise in the hangar. "WHAT?! 2014? I thought I heard you say you got a CB?!" he shouts back and drops what he's doing and makes a bee line over to me. "It's a new CB?". "Yup!". "Get the F outta here! No way" (He's from upstate NY :) ) "Serious, brand new!". "Fuel Injected??" "Yup!". " Still air cooled?". "Yup". "You're F-ing killin me here!" This went on for a while... lol. Six speed? yeah. the old flat seat? yeah. get the f outta town. Too funny. All this, and still hadn't seen it. You wanna go outside and see it? HECK YEAH!. I officially have 5 months of "Good Purchase Feelings" in the bank after that.

I am in love with the bike. I wanted off the big azz cruiser; something more sporty and warm blooded. Not a 14K RPM sport bike, I honestly don't know what to do with power like that. I totally get it, it is awesome to command that speed. Fun, but not very relaxing. The CB1100 was the answer. Classic design, it will look good in 10 years. I can still blow the doors off most cars when I need to, but it feels happy when I'm sitting up and cruising along at 65-70. It's as nimble as I need it to be in the corners. Honda did such a nice job of carrying the essence on the original design and incorporating new tech.
 
My favorite comment came from a couple professional tattoo artists who noted how great the gas tank looked and the fantastic "lines" of the bike. High praise.
 
:hello: Hey there, I should actually post a pic of my 2013. Had the front fender painted Goldwing Blue, same with the tank, side covers and the fairing. Painted the windscreen black on both sides with a high gloss, silk black ceramic coated headers, staintune pipe, Michelin tires, black CB500 mirrors and a chrome luggage rack to go with the chrome rear fender. Seth Lamm custom seat with a café style pocket but padding for the long haul. This bike gets tons of looks but has no badges except for the Honda wings on the tank. This bike gets tons of looks and lots of comments. Small has never been mentioned but I think it has to something to do with twisting the right grip.
I still have the F6B to ride with my Harley buddies but this is my go to selection for solo riding.

It has been said before ////this bike is not for everybody but for those who get it - nothing else will do. For those who do not get it - no reason to waste time trying to explain why this bike is such a hoot to ride.
Ride safe my friends.
Mike Neal
 
Back
Top