What Warranty Work Have You Had Done?

Motogeezer1949_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Our CB has had 2 fork seals and fork tube (same side), and both rotors.
The starter cover corroded under the clear coat. The rep wouldn't approve replacing it, but the dealer did on their own as a gesture of good will.
Now the valve cover is corroding. The rep won't approve this time either.
It's an expensive item plus the labor to replace. The dealer is sympathetic, but can't eat that much $$ and I agree. They are unhappy with the rep and want us to contact Honda customer service.
The dealer has been excellent to us and I would recommend them.
 
Nothing on my 13 or 14 and the warranty on my 14 expired 2 months ago.
 
Mine is out of warranty as well, and my valve covers have corroded around the seals. The paint on the fins has begun to flake off as well. While I haven't babied it, I don't ride on salted roads. Keeping it clean is a rotating whack a mole process. I am not opposed to getting both refinished in some way if it gets serious. Bikes age, and stuff happens. I worry more about mechanicals than cosmetics.
 
Moto,

Do you garage in Florida?? I've had to install a air/dehumidifier in my garage in NC The humidity in the summer ruined my golf club shafts, non plated tools, truck and anything that will rust did rust. My GS1100 started pitting that when I made the decision to take care of the problem. Its been 7 years and no more problems.
 
Glad to hear your dealer has really gone the extra mile to help.
Had my CB for 17 months now. It stays in a carport, open on one side and facing north. Winter humidity can be a real problem when we get a sudden warm spell. I keep ceiling fans going at that time. Thus far everything seems okay with the finish.

I cannot remember the name of the product but UK members of the Tiger 1050 forum were touting the virtues of a spray on product used to protect their bikes from high humidity and winter road conditions. I'll try to find the product's name.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Glad to hear your dealer has really gone the extra mile to help.
Had my CB for 17 months now. It stays in a carport, open on one side and facing north. Winter humidity can be a real problem when we get a sudden warm spell. I keep ceiling fans going at that time. Thus far everything seems okay with the finish.

I cannot remember the name of the product but UK members of the Tiger 1050 forum were touting the virtues of a spray on product used to protect their bikes from high humidity and winter road conditions. I'll try to find the product's name.
ACF50
 
Gentlemen,

My CB11 is not quite 2 years old. Never had a warranty repair. Never had a repair out of warranty either. No corrosion here but I live in AZ where it's dry and my bikes are all garaged. They are never outside unless they are being ridden and I don't ride in the rain unless I get caught out in it.

Chip
 
Mine needed warranty work on the rear brake, but they wouldn't do it. So I did. Had to bleed the air out of it.
Been out of warranty for a long time now so it doesn't matter anymore. Either I fix stuff or pay for it. :)
 
Xyzzy_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Glad to hear your dealer has really gone the extra mile to help.
Had my CB for 17 months now. It stays in a carport, open on one side and facing north. Winter humidity can be a real problem when we get a sudden warm spell. I keep ceiling fans going at that time. Thus far everything seems okay with the finish.

I cannot remember the name of the product but UK members of the Tiger 1050 forum were touting the virtues of a spray on product used to protect their bikes from high humidity and winter road conditions. I'll try to find the product's name.
ACF50
ACF50
That's it, thanks.
 
Thread starter
Amsoil has 2 types of metal protectant, priced pretty well. Description sounds similar. Another interesting product is engine fogging oil. It's for machinery that is seldom used or stored.
One can become an Amsoil Preferred Customer for a very reasonable yearly membership fee and receive a discount on all the items they sell.
There's a local distribution center about 3 miles from me. I used to order product for members of our club online, then pick them up a few days later. No shipping costs. Another member is currently taking his turn at it ;)
 
redbirds_imp said:
Xyzzy_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Glad to hear your dealer has really gone the extra mile to help.
Had my CB for 17 months now. It stays in a carport, open on one side and facing north. Winter humidity can be a real problem when we get a sudden warm spell. I keep ceiling fans going at that time. Thus far everything seems okay with the finish.

I cannot remember the name of the product but UK members of the Tiger 1050 forum were touting the virtues of a spray on product used to protect their bikes from high humidity and winter road conditions. I'll try to find the product's name.
ACF50
ACF50
That's it, thanks.
ACF50
That's it, thanks.
That's good stuff. Commonly fogged inside airplane wings and fuselages to fight corrosion. Never heard of being used on the outside of a vehicle.
 
2014 model, less than 1000 mls, up to now rear fender due to corrosion, and just dropped off today for replacement spokes as they are all tarnished, does not like north east Uk weather.
 
With, now, 11,000 miles on it...no warranty work.

However, on a trip, the chain chose that time to stretch. The new Honda tool kit is essentially an empty plastic sack.

So I took it to the Honda dealer near where I was at...and he dropped everything to have a tech adjust the chain. No charge for chain service, he told me.

Is that a Honda policy, or his? Don't know. But he did it.

So far, with the very-little I've had to do with Honda dealers regarding this machine...it's been much-more positive than what I went through trying to get brake service on my classic GL500, five years ago.
 
Back
Top