What Tools Came in Your FACTORY Tool Kit?

DIAMONDBACK_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I just picked-up my bike last Thursday (May 16th). My tool pouch contains only: a philips screwdriver & handle, an allen wrench and a small fuse puller.

I checked a Honda parts guide for this bike, and it shows a complete tool kit with several wrenches and a rear shock adjusting tool.

I don't know if the other tools were "borrowed" before I took delivery, or if the other tools are "optional" for purchase.

Thanks for the Help...............Art
 
Yeah, you don't get all that in the US. Canada does, maybe Europe.

Guth's idea is a good one, or just a shock tool can be purchased for ~$10.
 
I ordered the stuff that I thought would round out the kit and it all arrived today. I'm heading out for a ride but I'll post up what I picked up later on tonight (if I remember).
 
Yea not much of a tool kit, but more than came with my ST 1300 Sport Tourer which only had a 5 mm allen and a piece of foam. Nobody has yet figured out what the foam is for.
 
Wow, a piece of foam? I've got a lot of foam around the house. Maybe I can cut it up and sell replacements...
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Wow, a piece of foam? I've got a lot of foam around the house. Maybe I can cut it up and sell replacements...
Yea a thin piece of black foam, maybe 2 " x 4" and maybe 1/8" thick. Strangest thing I ever found in a toolkit. Its a source of great enjoyment on the ST forum from guys guessing why Honda put it in there.
 
The toolkit is a joke, but I think the Cruz tools is perfect. Now remember, 1970's Honda Toolkits for the SOHC's go for big money, so hold on to the 2013's!!!!

Gersh
 
Here is what I added to round out my tool kit.
Yes I ordered another bag, but I'm glad I did because everything was really tight and the stuff that came with the bike would not fit in with the stuff I ordered. If you don't want it all I still strongly suggest the spark plug socket and the wrench to turn it due to the tight nature of these cylinder heads.
ced1e14406524c31f6016f8f30e384a6.jpg

So basically there are 3 wrenches, the flathead screwdriver, the spanner for the rear shocks, the handle extension for the spanner, both axle nut wrenches, the spark plug socket and an extra bag.
That would make a total of 15 pieces with what came with the bike.
 
Not a plug, I have never ordered from them, but they have the entire OEM catalog up for the CB1100. I was there looking for pictures of exploded views, got em. Anyhoo, they have pics of the toolkit!
Babbitts Honda
 
Yes,I was taken back that so few tools came with the bike,the manual said that the tool kit is under the seat.I also ordered a full set from Western Honda in Phoenix,good people to deal with with fair prices.I could not get everything in the one bag ,they should have made the bag a little bigger.At first I thought that the dealer or some one else had "borrowed" some of the tools but after calling around I realized that this is the way it is !
 
Re the tool kit: The '12 CBR250R I had was the same deal, in fact I think it had the exact same one as the one that comes with the CB1100. Come to find out all the other markets (not sure about Canada) got the full issue.

Not sure if it's a price thing; maybe Honda thinks we Americans take it back to the dealer for everything...or they want us to! :dodgy:

Pete C
 
Not having to complete tool kit didn't bother me as did not having the spanner to adjust the rear shocks. The dealer said I could always come by the shop and I asked if I could come by at night or on Sunday?? Got a blank look on that one. Wrote a polite letter to American Honda, they called me and said "sorry, no tools in the American bikes" Oh well, I tried, my buddy has 2 old 70's 750s and thinks he has a spare shock tool. If not, I'll have to buy one.
 
Thread starter
You can buy ALL of the missing tools from Honda dealers on the internet for about $40.00 plus shipping. Considering how much other countries have to pay for the same bike, I can live with that! :)
 
I may order the plug wrench. Hondas factory bulletin is real specific about being careful removing and installing spark plugs due to the close proximity of oil passages used for cooling the area round the spark plugs.
 
I must admit that the lack of a tool kit was one of the first (and only) gripes I had about the bike. It's the first bike I've ever bought that didn't come with a basic kit. Even my price point CB750 came with one (although the centerstand was an option :exclamation:).

To my mind a toolkit should have the basic tools to do a few basic roadside tasks. Replace a plug. Adjust the suspension. Adjust chain. Remove a wheel.

I suppose I'll end up building my own toolkit based on the one that came with my CB750. At least they left plenty of room under the seat for it.
 
Back
Top