........what the heck is that........

FLYTYM_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I was out for a short ride not too long ago,I’m sitting at a light and I hear this rumble and it gets louder and louder,could be a Harley? The guy starts threading his way through the stopped cars and the light turns green,I go and can hear the guy getting on it so I go,never once did I see the thing until it was time to stop the -spirited ride- and slow down somewhat. The thing based me and it was a flat 6 Honda something,1700+ CCs but didn’t touch a CB1100.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Custom job? You are in CA, eh? Probably more custom shops there than anywhere else.

Need pics! :)
I knew it was a Goldwing based something so I Googled it and I think it was a Valkyrie. I do know it want very pretty.
 
FLYTYM_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Custom job? You are in CA, eh? Probably more custom shops there than anywhere else.

Need pics! :)
I knew it was a Goldwing based something so I Googled it and I think it was a Valkyrie. I do know it want very pretty.
I knew it was a Goldwing based something so I Googled it and I think it was a Valkyrie. I do know it want very pretty.
Ah ya. Yeah, they rumble.
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Was it one of the older Valkyrie models (that look more like a classic american cruiser) or the newer updated ones?
Not sure,never a fan of that bike.
 
Ah, To clarify I meant to ask if it was this:

144fe9ce431dac302f401a76a8b3460a.jpg


or this:

37e8b03f6f03b397f68344a162039f97.jpg



and when you said it "didn't touch a cb1100." did you mean he couldn't keep up with you?
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Ah, To clarify I meant to ask if it was this:

144fe9ce431dac302f401a76a8b3460a.jpg


or this:

37e8b03f6f03b397f68344a162039f97.jpg



and when you said it "didn't touch a cb1100." did you mean he couldn't keep up with you?
It was black but looked like the red/white bike and yes,didn’t pass me until I backed off.
 
Alpriders links made me look up the Rune. A bike that I know little about. I had the opportunity to pick up a new style Valkyrie when my dealer was clearing them out but vacillated and missed out. Part of that problem was I was considering the F6B at the time because I was looking for a highway mile eater with more on board luggage space than the CB. Anyway, here’s a 2004 Rune with 3100 miles for sale local to me for $17+K. I would never warm up to the color.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/search?categ...tedTime[]=
 
I remember an early Valkyrie doing a demo lap of the Isle of Man TT Course some years ago.
With a professional rider on board, it absolutely flew! But he misjudged the braking at Signpost Corner (where I was spectating) and overshot into the side road. We all laughed as he ruefully shook his head before carrying on.
A surprisingly agile 'bike for it's size, probably because the weight is kept low down.
 
When I had my V65, one of my riding buddies had a Valk. He had straight pipes on it. It sounded like a Chevy big block. He never did burnouts, but it still ate through rear tires pretty quickly. I always liked the look of that horizontally opposed motor, carbs, headers, pipes all on display.
 
Roper_imp said:
When I had my V65, one of my riding buddies had a Valk. He had straight pipes on it. It sounded like a Chevy big block. He never did burnouts, but it still ate through rear tires pretty quickly. I always liked the look of that horizontally opposed motor, carbs, headers, pipes all on display.
Would love to read about your experience with the V65 one day in the <CB1100 Forum><Other Stuff><Other Bikes> section. Definitely share pics. :)
 
Back
Top