What tank bag are you using?

goldeneye_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey guys, I have a decent trip coming up that I've never been on so I'm going to need my phone for nav and a tank bag or other device to hold it and protect it from the elements. I was leaning toward a tank bag because of the extra storage, but I'm open to other ways to hold my phone as well. My CB1100 is completely stock, no wind screen. What do you suggest using, please include make/model.

Thanks in advance.
 
RAM X mount for my I Phone 6 +. Never have the phone in a tank bag. Plenty of pics and discussion on them here and on the web.
 
I use a Cortech Micro 2.0. It hold a phone, wallet, passport and other miscellaneous stuff well. I've never really been a fan of big tank bags (just not my thing) and usually rock this bag and a short tailbag for short-medium trips.

12f7693a3cb38222201ea3ac1ad0f744.jpg
 
I use a generic magnetic bag for longer rides, best feature is a clear map compartment where I can leave a paper map or route notes so they are visible for quick reference while riding. Indispensable. My routes frequently lose cell coverage for extended periods.

Have you installed a USB port/charger?
 
Thread starter
4 Paws_imp said:
I use a generic magnetic bag for longer rides, best feature is a clear map compartment where I can leave a paper map or route notes so they are visible for quick reference while riding. Indispensable. My routes frequently lose cell coverage for extended periods.

Have you installed a USB port/charger?
I have not installed a USB port. The trip is about 5 hrs so I think I can make it without rechasrging.

How do you install a charger?
 
I use a Cortech Super 2.0 10L magnetic bag. The size is perfect. It holds my wallet, keys, water bottle, snack, a small tool kit, and a 10000mAh hour extra battery for my phone--everything I need for a day ride. It's small enough that it doesn't cover the fuel cap. I have a handlebar mount for my phone, and with a USB cable running to the extra battery in my tank bag, I can use the GPS for five hours. If I need it longer than that, I'll buy another battery for less than $20.
 
I use a ram mount X mount on the handlebar to hold my phone. For waterproofing, I put the phone in a zip lock bag. I also mounted a USB charger to the handlebar. The phone would go dead after a couple hours with a navigation program running. I went 4000 miles with this setup over the summer.

8c70d34d4ff7382ba25d4cf30b2a4c8a.jpg
 
What a simple solution, kenny. Does the touch screen work through the plastic bag?
 
Works perfect even with gloves on.
 
I use a Moto Centric tank bag. They are magnetic, don't cover the gas cap, look great and have all the features of other bags plus price is right. Got mine from motorcycle superstore. They come in different sizes

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
 
I like Cortech tank bags, but found that using the phone doesn't work too well when it's in the map holder and also overheats in hot sun more easily.
Here's what I use on my Super Tenere -- Techmount with a RAM cradle for iphone 6, works great.
 
i am using a generic magnetic bag. It holds all I need and more. the option of using another battery in the bag works well too!with a blue tooth ear-piece you should be all set. remote batteries are super cheep and come in a variety of sizes. 10000 should be around $20 and be readily available.
Dan
 
For nearly all my rides I actually use the Super 2.0 12L bag. The very same straps work with the 18L bag which is expandable. Easy to mount.
[attachment=5481]
 
Back
Top