What should I offer for this bike ??

If you're serious about buying it, offer $6k and settle at $6500 if you must. You'll be getting a great bike at 40% off new. Good luck!
 
Hey that was Ack's bike. He is a member here. Traded it in on a new BMW giant dirt bike.... 9T with knobbies!
 
Not sure if I would move on this bike. Description talks about some 'pitting' and the lever and bar weight issue sounds like it may have been on the ground or am I reading it wrong?
 
Not that this is any of my business, but it looks like you have been trying to buy a CB11 since October. Can't find a good deal? :huh:
 
Thread starter
:cool: Yes I have been looking for one for quite a while. I want one cheap as I am gonna make some major changes and spend a lot on upgrades such as suspension, wheels, exhaust and other upgrades. I need a good solid base to start with. The one at the dealer has some corrosion and may have kissed the pavement. I believe I can remove the corrosion, fix the scratches and any other appearance problems I run into. I guess we will see what happens !


Leon :thumbsup:
 
Since its not Ack's bike anymore, I don't feel like it hurts to tell you he had a heck of a time with corrosion on the bike. He kept it indoors at first, but then had to store it outdoors. In spite of his best efforts, it wound up with damage.

Unless you can buy it at a substantial discount you might want to look for a cleaner example.
 
Thread starter
As I will not be able to see the bike maybe I will look for a cleaner example. I am in no rush so I will take my time and make sure I find a machine with no major issues. Thanks for all the advice. The search continues....


Leon
 
CB4ME_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Hey that was Ack's bike. He is a member here. Traded it in on a new BMW giant dirt bike.... 9T with knobbies!
Ack as in Whitehouse transformed CB? Not this one.
Ack as in Whitehouse transformed CB? Not this one.
Yep. Ack put all the stock parts back on it and was selling the K-10 kit separately. I commented in another thread that no one would guess that the bike used to look like this :

c24afd6fdd16764a5eb37736589e6bc7.jpg
 
That's a nice looking building...BMW dealer...I've never been in a BMW dealership, I'm afraid if I had one nearby I would be the indebt owner of a S1000R AND a R1200RT tour model...
 
Whoever's bike it was, how did it get the Honda security system on it? (as per the tank decal) :huh: Didn't think that was available to CB1100's shipped to the states?
 
I have ack's original tank. He had to acquire another
 
Damfino I wish you hadn't told us the story behind your user name. I keep wanting to answer your questions with your user name. Can't now; popgun's told us the story. :)
 
HikerToo_imp said:
That's a nice looking building...BMW dealer...I've never been in a BMW dealership, I'm afraid if I had one nearby I would be the indebt owner of a S1000R AND a R1200RT tour model...
No worry, you won't be buying an R1200RT any time soon. They're on a stop-ride from BMW because of a manufacturing defect in the rear shock by the sub-contractor. Earliest you'd be able to buy one is around middle August.
 
I saw that bike on eBay last week. It didn't sell, bidding ended at $5,100.
It just got re-listed there, the starting bid is $2000.
 
The ocean with corrode any bike it can get its hands on. I called them about it but saw the corrosion up close and decided they were asking too much. Someone just sold a MINT CB11 in GA for 6000. Dealers can be STEALERS.
 
Back
Top