What motorcycle would you buy next?

olafurarason_imp said:
I really like Africa-Twin. Would be my first choice when buying a new bike.

Complitly different.
Going from a classic CB1100 street bike to a muscular'ish Africa Twin would be an interesting next choice indeed olafurarason.

Maybe you should share why that might be swirling in your mind?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
olafurarason_imp said:
I really like Africa-Twin. Would be my first choice when buying a new bike.

Complitly different.
Going from a classic CB1100 street bike to a muscular'ish Africa Twin would be an interesting next choice indeed olafurarason.

Maybe you should share why that might be swirling in your mind?
Going from a classic CB1100 street bike to a muscular'ish Africa Twin would be an interesting next choice indeed olafurarason.

Maybe you should share why that might be swirling in your mind?
Hi GoldOxide.

I live in Iceland and I love riding my CB1100. Unfortunately, the road network in this country is restrictive for Street Bikes; short and monotonous. But Africa-Twin is an off road adventure bike. It gives me access to the remote highlands which are the most stimulating riding scenarios in the northern hemisphere. Something CB1100 can't give me. That's one of the main reasons why I would prefer Africa-Twin as the next choice.
 
olafurarason_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
olafurarason_imp said:
I really like Africa-Twin. Would be my first choice when buying a new bike.

Complitly different.
Going from a classic CB1100 street bike to a muscular'ish Africa Twin would be an interesting next choice indeed olafurarason.

Maybe you should share why that might be swirling in your mind?
Going from a classic CB1100 street bike to a muscular'ish Africa Twin would be an interesting next choice indeed olafurarason.

Maybe you should share why that might be swirling in your mind?
Hi GoldOxide.

I live in Iceland and I love riding my CB1100. Unfortunately, the road network in this country is restrictive for Street Bikes; short and monotonous. But Africa-Twin is an off road adventure bike. It gives me access to the remote highlands which are the most stimulating riding scenarios in the northern hemisphere. Something CB1100 can't give me. That's one of the main reasons why I would prefer Africa-Twin as the next choice.
I would completely support your logic on making the transition, or even keeping both. The CB1100 and CRF1x00 cover a lot of riding spectrum.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
olafurarason_imp said:
I really like Africa-Twin. Would be my first choice when buying a new bike.

Complitly different.
Going from a classic CB1100 street bike to a muscular'ish Africa Twin would be an interesting next choice indeed olafurarason.

Maybe you should share why that might be swirling in your mind?
Going from a classic CB1100 street bike to a muscular'ish Africa Twin would be an interesting next choice indeed olafurarason.

Maybe you should share why that might be swirling in your mind?
Gold can offer a good comparison as he has both.

Another possible consideration could be a Yamaha Tenere' 700. Or the new Honda Transalp.
 
Tomorrow will be interesting. It's my "Birthday Weekend". Part of the long-standing tradition Mrs. G and I have is that on Birthday Weekend, the celebrant can determine wherever they want to go, and the partner has to come along, without complaining. So, if she wants to go to a nursery on her weekend to look at plants, I have to come along and act like I'm enjoying it.

We'll end up at my Mom's for barbecue with friends, but there is a dealership on the way that I've never stopped at, and I have declared that to be my Birthday Weekend stop. That dealership sells Royal Enfield and Moto Guzzi.

Birthday Weekend does not mean that the celebrant can spend any amount they wish at their destination. But...
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Tomorrow will be interesting. It's my "Birthday Weekend". Part of the long-standing tradition Mrs. G and I have is that on Birthday Weekend, the celebrant can determine wherever they want to go, and the partner has to come along, without complaining. So, if she wants to go to a nursery on her weekend to look at plants, I have to come along and act like I'm enjoying it.

We'll end up at my Mom's for barbecue with friends, but there is a dealership on the way that I've never stopped at, and I have declared that to be my Birthday Weekend stop. That dealership sells Royal Enfield and Moto Guzzi.

Birthday Weekend does not mean that the celebrant can spend any amount they wish at their destination. But...
Yours too Gone? Excellent. Happy birthday! Another thing we have in common I suppose.

I've gone to my Moto Guzzi dealer too many times now. Next visit is a demo ride, and currently they are not offering any.
 
Happy Birthday, GO! Actually, mine's the 10th, but this is the closest weekend.

My closest dealer sells Triumph, Moto Guzzi and MV Augusta. They have a good supply of Triumph, and I pop my head in now and then to see when the V100 will be available to drool on. No word yet...
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Happy Birthday, GO! Actually, mine's the 10th, but this is the closest weekend.

My closest dealer sells Triumph, Moto Guzzi and MV Augusta. They have a good supply of Triumph, and I pop my head in now and then to see when the V100 will be available to drool on. No word yet...
:beerchug:

I think my local dealer said they had two or four V100s (?), but already sold sight unseen. They haven't even arrived yet.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
I somehow doubt this will make it to the U.S. But, if it did, it might be a buy now and ask for forgiveness sort of thing with the Mrs.
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
I somehow doubt this will make it to the U.S. But, if it did, it might be a buy now and ask for forgiveness sort of thing with the Mrs.
On Monday, weather permitting, I am riding to my Honda dealer for both tires replacement with Angel GT and while waiting for the service to be completed, I'll chat with the owner or sales about the Hawk1100 and GB750, but I know, they are always lip tight :-/
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
I somehow doubt this will make it to the U.S. But, if it did, it might be a buy now and ask for forgiveness sort of thing with the Mrs.
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
I somehow doubt this will make it to the U.S. But, if it did, it might be a buy now and ask for forgiveness sort of thing with the Mrs.
On Monday, weather permitting, I am riding to my Honda dealer for both tires replacement with Angel GT and while waiting for the service to be completed, I'll chat with the owner or sales about the Hawk1100 and GB750, but I know, they are always lip tight :-/
You should be able to get them to talk.

You may determine that the info you learn is not helpful because it is not helpful to them.

Honda Canada really sucks.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
I somehow doubt this will make it to the U.S. But, if it did, it might be a buy now and ask for forgiveness sort of thing with the Mrs.
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
I somehow doubt this will make it to the U.S. But, if it did, it might be a buy now and ask for forgiveness sort of thing with the Mrs.
On Monday, weather permitting, I am riding to my Honda dealer for both tires replacement with Angel GT and while waiting for the service to be completed, I'll chat with the owner or sales about the Hawk1100 and GB750, but I know, they are always lip tight :-/
You should be able to get them to talk.

You may determine that the info you learn is not helpful because it is not helpful to them.

Honda Canada really sucks.
You should be able to get them to talk.

You may determine that the info you learn is not helpful because it is not helpful to them.

Honda Canada really sucks.
I would send them an email but if new models are yet a secret, a verbal conversation would be much safer for them than stating it in writing, I guess.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
I somehow doubt this will make it to the U.S. But, if it did, it might be a buy now and ask for forgiveness sort of thing with the Mrs.
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
I somehow doubt this will make it to the U.S. But, if it did, it might be a buy now and ask for forgiveness sort of thing with the Mrs.
On Monday, weather permitting, I am riding to my Honda dealer for both tires replacement with Angel GT and while waiting for the service to be completed, I'll chat with the owner or sales about the Hawk1100 and GB750, but I know, they are always lip tight :-/
You should be able to get them to talk.

You may determine that the info you learn is not helpful because it is not helpful to them.

Honda Canada really sucks.
You should be able to get them to talk.

You may determine that the info you learn is not helpful because it is not helpful to them.

Honda Canada really sucks.
I would send them an email but if new models are yet a secret, a verbal conversation would be much safer for them than stating it in writing, I guess.
Yes, you have to have a face-to-face conversion with a genuine Honda representative - more senior experienced is preferred to get the best experience.

In general though, Honda Canada just simply bends over to corporate Honda Japan and it doesn't matter what Canada asks, Japan will determine what Canada deserves.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
I somehow doubt this will make it to the U.S. But, if it did, it might be a buy now and ask for forgiveness sort of thing with the Mrs.
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
I somehow doubt this will make it to the U.S. But, if it did, it might be a buy now and ask for forgiveness sort of thing with the Mrs.
On Monday, weather permitting, I am riding to my Honda dealer for both tires replacement with Angel GT and while waiting for the service to be completed, I'll chat with the owner or sales about the Hawk1100 and GB750, but I know, they are always lip tight :-/
You should be able to get them to talk.

You may determine that the info you learn is not helpful because it is not helpful to them.

Honda Canada really sucks.
You should be able to get them to talk.

You may determine that the info you learn is not helpful because it is not helpful to them.

Honda Canada really sucks.
I would send them an email but if new models are yet a secret, a verbal conversation would be much safer for them than stating it in writing, I guess.
Yes, you have to have a face-to-face conversion with a genuine Honda representative - more senior experienced is preferred to get the best experience.

In general though, Honda Canada just simply bends over to corporate Honda Japan and it doesn't matter what Canada asks, Japan will determine what Canada deserves.
Yes, you have to have a face-to-face conversion with a genuine Honda representative - more senior experienced is preferred to get the best experience.

In general though, Honda Canada just simply bends over to corporate Honda Japan and it doesn't matter what Canada asks, Japan will determine what Canada deserves.
Yeah, we got the CB1100 in 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, so is really Canada's turn to get both, first the GB750 and soon after the Hawk1100 :D:excited::celebrate:
JAPAN, CAN you HEAR me!!!
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
I somehow doubt this will make it to the U.S. But, if it did, it might be a buy now and ask for forgiveness sort of thing with the Mrs.
Gone, THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get it, I'll let you ride it first!
I somehow doubt this will make it to the U.S. But, if it did, it might be a buy now and ask for forgiveness sort of thing with the Mrs.
On Monday, weather permitting, I am riding to my Honda dealer for both tires replacement with Angel GT and while waiting for the service to be completed, I'll chat with the owner or sales about the Hawk1100 and GB750, but I know, they are always lip tight :-/
You should be able to get them to talk.

You may determine that the info you learn is not helpful because it is not helpful to them.

Honda Canada really sucks.
You should be able to get them to talk.

You may determine that the info you learn is not helpful because it is not helpful to them.

Honda Canada really sucks.
I would send them an email but if new models are yet a secret, a verbal conversation would be much safer for them than stating it in writing, I guess.
Yes, you have to have a face-to-face conversion with a genuine Honda representative - more senior experienced is preferred to get the best experience.

In general though, Honda Canada just simply bends over to corporate Honda Japan and it doesn't matter what Canada asks, Japan will determine what Canada deserves.
Yes, you have to have a face-to-face conversion with a genuine Honda representative - more senior experienced is preferred to get the best experience.

In general though, Honda Canada just simply bends over to corporate Honda Japan and it doesn't matter what Canada asks, Japan will determine what Canada deserves.
Yeah, we got the CB1100 in 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, so is really Canada's turn to get both, first the GB750 and soon after the Hawk1100 :D:excited::celebrate:
JAPAN, CAN you HEAR me!!!
Honda Powersports Canada showrooms are getting less and less showcase real estate.

It is really sad.
 
Back
Top