Nachodaddy
Road warrior
Congratulations, PowerDubs. I'm looking forward to a many more good stories and pictures about your adventures with this one.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Cormanus_imp said:Good job, PowerDubs. I hope you enjoy your new ride a great deal. Personally, I think I’d struggle with a bike that needed to be ridden at 6,000 RPM.
Almost sounds like this may qualify ...The Gecko_imp said:Have been looking at many options before I committed to the CB1100. The simple truth is this:
- any fancy plastic fenders and spoilers don't cut it
- any wreathed exhaust pipes don't cut it
- any black engines with lot's of pipes, hoses, adapters, boxes and cables don't cut it
- any tires one could fit on the rear axle of a F150 don't cut it
- any ape hangers or snake slingers don't cut it
- any large and wide radiators under the tank don't cut it
- any motorcycle on stilts (for the desert ?) don't cut it
- any LED lights giving that thang the look of a Smilodon at night ... DON'T CUT IT
Forgive me for wasting your time, y'all did knew this before I started typing.

Cormanus_imp said:Nah … not with those bars, GO.
+1GoldOxide_imp said:Cormanus_imp said:Nah … not with those bars, GO.

Rally seat rather than dual heated, aluminium luggage rails and different rear rack. They tried to convince me to take it but I declined. When you spend that much you want exactly what your ordered. Plus I have luggage here waiting to go on which would not of fitted. I go right back to the end of the queue, bike put back another 2 months.That's a bummer TevTev62_imp said:Well the new R1250GS turned up in the dealers for my January registration, only they shipped the wrong configuration.Rally seat rather than dual heated, aluminium luggage rails and different rear rack. They tried to convince me to take it but I declined. When you spend that much you want exactly what your ordered. Plus I have luggage here waiting to go on which would not of fitted. I go right back to the end of the queue, bike put back another 2 months.
As an aside they don't expect to ship any GS1300's until 2024. But he would say that wouldn't he?
You have every right to be strongly perturbed Tev.Tev62_imp said:Well the new R1250GS turned up in the dealers for my January registration, only they shipped the wrong configuration.Rally seat rather than dual heated, aluminium luggage rails and different rear rack. They tried to convince me to take it but I declined. When you spend that much you want exactly what your ordered. Plus I have luggage here waiting to go on which would not of fitted. I go right back to the end of the queue, bike put back another 2 months.
As an aside they don't expect to ship any GS1300's until 2024. But he would say that wouldn't he?
Wow! You've really turned on the V85 GO.GoldOxide_imp said:I think I would consider stepping down to a Guzzi V85TT for reduced power and torque, possible reduced reliability, low tolerance for cold weather riding, low tolerance for hot weather congested traffic riding, consumption of higher cost premium fuel, sad sad dealership network support, and increased new purchase cost.
Is this your experience GO? If so that would be a great shame. It seems with every incarnation of a bike Guzzi (and Ducati) say they have sorted out the "issues" but every year you hear horror stories about support. You can almost forgive a bike having an issue if the dealer/manufacturer supports you fully to resolve it.GoldOxide_imp said:I think I would consider stepping down to a Guzzi V85TT for reduced power and torque, possible reduced reliability, low tolerance for cold weather riding, low tolerance for hot weather congested traffic riding, consumption of higher cost premium fuel, sad sad dealership network support, and increased new purchase cost.
Those video reviews have probably sold more bikes than any advertising...who knows, maybe some of them are directly supported financially by a brand.Gone in 60_imp said:I can’t get the Royal Enfield INT650 out of my head. I’ve mentioned it in another thread. Been away at a trade show, and nothing to do at night but watch video reviews of it.
Hoping the weather will be nice over the holidays so I can take one for a ride to see if I’d like it. My reservation would be easy parts availability. There’s a long-time dealer near me, but US online options appear to be a bit scant.
Wow! You've really turned on the V85 GO.KiowaEagle_imp said:Wow! You've really turned on the V85 GO.GoldOxide_imp said:I think I would consider stepping down to a Guzzi V85TT for reduced power and torque, possible reduced reliability, low tolerance for cold weather riding, low tolerance for hot weather congested traffic riding, consumption of higher cost premium fuel, sad sad dealership network support, and increased new purchase cost.