What motorcycle would you buy next?

bioman_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just for fun (because of course our CB1100 is the best motorcycle and will last forever or at least until the end of our lives - and then some more), what bike would you buy next? A (younger) CB1100? Something completely different?

I am considering the new Moto Guzzi Mandello (if and when it finally comes to the market, and if it rides as nice as it looks), or maybe I'll move to the Dark Side and go electric.
Alternatively (also depending on my financial situation) I may get a nice secondhand bike. I like Yamaha's Tracer 9 GT, or (for short, nice rides) the XSR900.
Or (as I am not getting younger) I may buy something lightweight and fun - but beautiful, like the Royal Enfield Interceptor.

What bikes do you consider?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Probably either a Zero SR/F

Zero Motorcycles SR/F - Electric Motorcycle Company | Zero Motorcycles

or the new Can Am Pulse

2024 Can-Am Electric Motorcycles

but chances are at 72 yo, the two I have (the CB and the NC 750X) will take me to the end of my riding days
My brother has one and uses only for around town (Springfield, MO) and really likes it for what it can do.

For me, I'm very happy with the 3 bikes I have: the CB, a W800 cafe and a KLR650...but the 2007 KLR is aging a bit and am thinking of replacing it with a Suzuki DR650.
 
If they were 50% off I'd have one in the garage now for playing with lol
 
I would consider a Moto Guzzi V100.

I would also consider a Zero, but current offerings are cramped for me.

For chits and giggles I would play with a Honda Rebel 1100 and a late model Monkey.
 
I have four bikes all in good running condition so I’m not really out looking right now for anything specific. I’m retiring next year and am interested in a project bike to work on during winters. Would like a new traditional springer chopper rolling chassis. 1200cc Sportster motor. Peanut tank. King/queen black tuck and roll seat with high sissy bar. Old school throw back bike.
 
I'd like to take a crack at another V4 bike. Not any around that my old body can handle anymore, but if someone would build one like the old Honda Sabre, that would be great!
 
I've been enamored with vintage bikes of late. Between the CB1100 and 1250GS, not sure that I'm missing anything in the newish market. Electric is interesting, but not sure that it's practical for me (yet.)
 
Electric would work for me on most of my daily rides which are usually under 60 miles, but looking at this months log, which has been 22 days riding (out of 22 possible) excluding the 1st 6 days which were on the Mens Fall Trip on the NC 750, of the remaining 16 days, 4 were in excess of 80 miles ( the reliable range of an electric bike) and 12 were under 80 miles.

In July I rode 31 of 31 days. I was on a trip for 2 of those days returning from North Dakota on my CB. Of the remaing 29 days, on 3 of those days I rode in excess of 80 miles. (87, 90 and 102), the other 26 days were less than 80 miles.

So for the majority of my riding, an electric would work, but it would have to be as a second or 3rd bike, with an ICE bike in the garage for longer rides and trips.
 
DAC_imp said:
I'd like to take a crack at another V4 bike. Not any around that my old body can handle anymore, but if someone would build one like the old Honda Sabre, that would be great!
:thumbsup:

A good ol' 80s V65 Magna could do it for me.


 
Just did a trackday at COTA last week and rode my buddies 2018 R1. It is light years ahead in terms of power and handling to the 2014 R1 my friend lets me ride, so maybe something like that would be fun.

Then again, I don't do trackdays enough and the power of a liter bike on the streets is virtually un-useable.

Perhaps a tamed down Yamaha R7 would fit the bill and be a nice bike.

Then I walk in the garage and see my 2016 Yamaha FJR1300AK and realize the bike of my dreams is right there in front of me. I'm content with that bike and smile like a kid everytime I ride that bike.
 
I’ve got the hots for a Moto Guzzi V100 Mandelo too, but I’m out of room and would be reluctant to give up any of my current bikes to make space for it.
 
The next bike for me will be one of two things: either a brand new electric or a Thruxton RS. I think its a very strong chance that my next commuter will be electric, but somethibg would have to happen to the CB1100 in order to get a thruxton
 
I would be sorely tempted by the Thruxton too, especially in the new for 2023 "Competition Green and Silver Ice" scheme but alas my back wouldn't take the riding position for too long, so it has to be a pass from me.

I fancy getting rid of my shaft drive Tiger 1200, nearly five years old and a bit weighty at the top. It has been a fantastic bike and will ride right through a hurricane and shrug it off. The weight is getting to me now though. It is all relative, nothing like a BMW 1600GT or a Harley cruiser but still heavy enough for me.

A drop to a simpler mid class Adventure bike beckons but I'm not sure which brand yet. I am happy to give up heated seats, electronic suspension and god knows what else for a basic but comfortable long distance bike. Maybe even something like the no frills Triumph Tiger 850 Sport, a stripped out Tiger 900 in essence.

I'll be keeping the CB though!





 
Believe me, iamsorely sorely tempted but the truth is theres just no room in my life for more than one recreational bike, and im not commuting on a thruxton.

I can strongly reccomend the tiger though. I had one of those in that class not too long ago. What a machine.
 
I've been bike shopping since July and settled on getting another 2013 CB1100. I considered a CB500x. It would be a great 2nd bike. They're cheap and much bigger in person. I couldn't find an Africa Twin in my budget. I've always wanted an FJR but stuck with simplicity in my only bike. I rode a Tiger 800 but didn't like it. It squealed too much and it's not a Honda. Another awesome 2nd bike would be a pair of new CT Trail 125s. they look like so much fun. It would be much easier to make a choice if I was starting a collection instead of just having one bike. For having just one, it might just always be a CB.
 
I've been thinking hard about the NT1100. If a gen II or even a gen III makes it to our side of the pond, it would make a nice replacement for my 2015 K1600gt. Much as I like the K16, It's becoming more of a handful every year. But I still grin every time I push the button on that thing.
 
Back
Top