I can't explain why, but I don't like red motorcycles. When I saw the '14 Standard, I thought good, finally, they got a nice look. But my favorite is still that blue that Canada got.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
+1 on the blue!pdedse_imp said:I can't explain why, but I don't like red motorcycles. When I saw the '14 Standard, I thought good, finally, they got a nice look. But my favorite is still that blue that Canada got.
Isn't that funny? And for me the '14 STD was the one that checked nearly all the boxes as they say.MM300_imp said:When I first saw the 2013 I thought 'Da*n, why did I just buy this Triumph'?
When I lucked into the dealership in spring 2014 and saw my DLX it immediately evoked memories of the 70's UJM that were everywherre when I was a kid. Color, mags, air cooled! Bought it on the spot. I didn't see or even know that there was another model.
Weeks later when I first saw the STD it evoked...nothing.
Jim,tinboatcapt_imp said:Be advised: a gentle rant ahead. But Thank you Honda for building the bike I wanted.
I bought the 2014 CB11 STD just this month. There was no choice, but I would have preferred the
STD over the DLX in any case. I was out to buy a MOTORCYCLE. Too many of the modern bikes are overloaded with electronic gizmo's. At some point in the electronic orgy, one should just skip buying a bike and just buy a car.
the smaller gas tank was a small trade off for the rest of the package. I liked the blacked out engine. it doesn't take long for the raw aluminum engine to begin showing the dull corrosion gray color. The single exhaust just says "simplicity". How many mufflers does one need? ABS? I had it on a BMW. It broke (Electronically). I decided not to go "broke" fixing it and just unplugged the computer. The brakes worked fine. 2017 slipper clutch. There is no reason for one on anything but a race bike.
The 2014 Std is one of the nicest bikes I have ridden in a long time. Don't misunderstand me, If I am headed for one of the coasts, I'll be on my ST11. To hit a local rally (2 - 300 miles or so) I definitely will ride the CB11. Daily ride: CB11. Sunday afternoon loop: CB11.
With the exception of the BMW's, which were indescribable grey, this is the first bike I've owned that is NOT RED.
Cheers Y'all,
Jim
I get what you're saying, but if we're being totally honest, all CB1100s look like an old man's bike (and in the majority of cases, they literally are "old men's bikes", lol).DaSwami_imp said:+1 on the ease of chain maintenance on the STD model. I love it.
I think the black color and chrome accents on the STD is bada**!! The DLX looks like an old man's bike (there, I said it! lol)
Imagine a world without "old man's" bikes!Guth_imp said:I get what you're saying, but if we're being totally honest, all CB1100s look like an old man's bike (and in the majority of cases, they literally are "old men's bikes", lol).DaSwami_imp said:+1 on the ease of chain maintenance on the STD model. I love it.
I think the black color and chrome accents on the STD is bada**!! The DLX looks like an old man's bike (there, I said it! lol)
LOL, how true!pdedse_imp said:Imagine a world without "old man's" bikes!Guth_imp said:I get what you're saying, but if we're being totally honest, all CB1100s look like an old man's bike (and in the majority of cases, they literally are "old men's bikes", lol).DaSwami_imp said:+1 on the ease of chain maintenance on the STD model. I love it.
I think the black color and chrome accents on the STD is bada**!! The DLX looks like an old man's bike (there, I said it! lol)
Not pretty.
Capo_imp said:I don't, and never have, preferred the DLX over the 2013. I like the 4 into 1 exhaust, a period- correct performance upgrade common in the day. None of the other changes matter to me on such a mild tempered bike, and aesthetically, I greatly prefer the smaller tank shape as well. All CB's are beautiful bikes, though, so it's a win- win.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk