What kind of seat???

Swartzracer_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Ok guys I need some input and advice. I have a 2013 cb. I have the stock seat. I like the looks of it but honestly I can only go for about an hour and I have to get off. What recommendations do you guys have for an aftermarket seat? I don't want to get a taller seat as I am not that tall. Only 5'6". Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
AirHawk cushion? Or do you want a new seat?

There are plenty of alternatives discussed on the forum.
 
I have 3 seats, stock, K&H, and Corbin. Stock seat is awful, K&H a little better, Corbin allows me to ride all day.

Chip
 
Too bad there's no way to test ride seat options. I'm 5' 6" also and find the stock seat quite comfortable. Sargent Seats can rebuild a stock seat to your specs and do quality work.
 
I've had Corbins on several bikes, excellent quality. Quite firm which I like but one of my buddies ended up hating his. Russel Day Longs get quite a bit of good feedback.
Know what you mean about the stock seat. I have an Alaskan SheepSkin butt pad that helps me a lot, no more hot burning butt sensation. Never have tried one of those wooden bead contraptions you used to see in taxicabs, good for a laugh at least. Could try a local trim shop and see if they could add a bit of memory foam to your existing seat, cheaper than throwing it away and starting from scratch with an unknown.
Still a candy ass after all these years. After three hours I have to take a break.
 
My theory is the base of the stock seat flexes to easily, making you slide forward.
My K&H seat is rock solid, NO flex.
Although, like ChipBeck said, K&H is a little better than stock for comfort, but not perfect.
My K&H tall is also a little flatter and wider where I sit, so when stopped, even with my long legs down, I can feel the squareness of the seat more than stock.
 
For me, I've had Russell Day-Longs on my last 4 motorcycles. They are the most comfortable seats I've found. If you do not appreciate function over form however, you may not want one. Go to their site and check out the pictures. They are truly custom built for you. I have done a 1000 mile day with them.
But, with all that said, I found a used Corbin for my CB and could not resist trying it. Just got it so no experience yet, but I will have some real, real soon!
 
It may seem counter-intuitive, but for all day riding, firmer is better. The problem with soft foam is that before long it compresses to the point where you are essentially just sitting on the frame.

The Corbin I had on my previous bike was great.
 
I plan on ordering a corbin soon, probably have it for next riding season. One thing I learned from here is that you can get "show pricing" if you order from corbin around a show time, or at a show. I am definitely going to hold out for show pricing. I think its $50 savings and that softens the blow a little.
 
4 Paws_imp said:
I've had Corbins on several bikes, excellent quality. Quite firm which I like but one of my buddies ended up hating his. Russel Day Longs get quite a bit of good feedback.
Know what you mean about the stock seat. I have an Alaskan SheepSkin butt pad that helps me a lot, no more hot burning butt sensation. Never have tried one of those wooden bead contraptions you used to see in taxicabs, good for a laugh at least. Could try a local trim shop and see if they could add a bit of memory foam to your existing seat, cheaper than throwing it away and starting from scratch with an unknown.
Still a candy ass after all these years. After three hours I have to take a break.


this is on the sporty.
i have another one that will go on the CB1100. (i have not had a chance to put it on yet , maybe i should put it on today)
i think it adds to the comfort and airflow. ( 1 million cabbies can't be wrong, ;-) ;) )
i have wanted to try the sheepskin over the beads.
i hear its the best of both worlds.
 
Swartzracer_imp said:
Where did you get the beads? I have them in my truck. I love those things.
i bought one for a car seat from walmart and strategically cut, untied, and restring to get it into 2 pieces. the back piece is the one on the cb1100 and the bottom section is the one on the 883R.
it was cheaper then buying 1 made specifically for a motorcycle seat and in reality wasn't that hard to split into 2. it was a long time ago, but i remember that it seemed as if it was made from the 2 sections being stitched together.
i have an inkling of a memory of having seen it on a website.

ETA : i also spray painted them with black spray paint.
 
DJS_imp said:
Swartzracer_imp said:
Where did you get the beads? I have them in my truck. I love those things.
i bought one for a car seat from walmart and strategically cut, untied, and restring to get it into 2 pieces. the back piece is the one on the cb1100 and the bottom section is the one on the 883R.
it was cheaper then buying 1 made specifically for a motorcycle seat and in reality wasn't that hard to split into 2. it was a long time ago, but i remember that it seemed as if it was made from the 2 sections being stitched together.
i have an inkling of a memory of having seen it on a website.

ETA : i also spray painted them with black spray paint.
i bought one for a car seat from walmart and strategically cut, untied, and restring to get it into 2 pieces. the back piece is the one on the cb1100 and the bottom section is the one on the 883R.
it was cheaper then buying 1 made specifically for a motorcycle seat and in reality wasn't that hard to split into 2. it was a long time ago, but i remember that it seemed as if it was made from the 2 sections being stitched together.
i have an inkling of a memory of having seen it on a website.

ETA : i also spray painted them with black spray paint.
Nice Handy work!
 
Back
Top