What kind of oil is everybody running

tate_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I was just wondering what kind of oil everybody is running I have always ran the Honda oil and filter in all 3 of my bikes and was thinking about trying Amsoil has anybody ran this in their bikes.:beerchug:
 
:rofl: Yep, here we go again, another oil thread. This should be good :D
In my own opinion modern oils are so good that there isn't much to choose between them.
I've used Castrol for years, Amsoil for years and Motul for years. All with excellent results.
I'm mainly using Motul now as it's easily available in 4L quantities from a Canadian online supplier with free shipping right to my door in a couple of days.
 
Sounds like oil threads are this forums version of calling out for “freebird” at the end of a concert here in the south :-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Mobile 1 4 cycle oil 10W-40
I'm pretty sure I read all of the older oil threads, seems the "go to" standard is the Honda oil. Can't go wrong there. I've had really good luck (it seems) with the Mobile 1 in my ATV's and cars. So why change now.
 
chync_imp said:
Sounds like oil threads are this forums version of calling out for “freebird” at the end of a concert here in the south :-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:rofl: yep..

Honda GN4 10W30 and oem filter for me
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
Honda OEM filters and 10/40 Mobil 1 synthetic motorcycle oil.
only the best for my bikes !
My dad swears by Mobil 1 in his side by side i haven't made the switch yet if I do end up going that route think ill still use OEM filters just for safety...
just figured I would ask about oil, gotta have something to do the next couple weeks off work going to be cold as a witches heart figured I would tinker with my bikes in front of the heater maybe a cold spew or 12 in the process.. thanks for all the input ...
 
Why :rofl:... , all he asked is what engine oil everybody is using .
This is NOT an oil thread..
So far = 50 Km I always used 10W40 Motul synthetic with OEM oil filter bought from Honda dealer.....
As of next season, I may use synthetic 10W30 with OEM oil filter (always)

pb
 
sorry, if it has OIL right there in the title..it's an oil thread lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
sorry, if it has OIL right there in the title..it's an oil thread lol
SORRY, was I wrong again ???? = must be getting older and older, day by day :(
I HAVE to :rofl: at myself....

:beerchug::clap:

pb
 
The ferret_imp said:
just messin with ya pb ;)
Decided to take a revenge..... and the weapon is ... bow/archery..like Robin Hood...are you in it???
Then pick up my glove....
:banana:

pb
 
Hey PB, you do know ferret is an expert. Right?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Hey PB, you do know ferret is an expert. Right?

I knew that a 100%....and this is why, I decided to choose so...and awaiting the bow expert answer..... but there is a catch......:huh:

pb
 
First oil change was Honda GN4.
Got 4 quarts of GN4 for the next oil change (February-March?), as I have done 2140 miles in 7 weeks, thus far.
After that, plan to switch to Honda pure synthetic HP4S before summer in Las Vegas.

The HP4S is $10.99 a quart from local Honda dealer. Decision is a toss-up with Castrol Power One, about the same price from AutoZone or O'Reilly's.
 
Back
Top