I need a new chain and unfortunately need it in a couple of days. That eliminates buying the OEM chain from a Honda parts house as they won't even begin to ship until 5-6 days.
Best I can tell the correct size measurements are the pitch and length.
If I am correct it looks like the chain should be a 520 pitch with 120 links.
Looking at chain descriptions at suppliers websites online it looks like the next thing I need to make sure I account for is the load put on it by a 1000cc engine and that the chain is designed for street use not off-road.
I'm not sure if there are number/letter designations to help identify that aspect of the chain.
Does anyone know?
So far it looks like this may work and I get order it with Amazon Prime:
https://www.amazon.com/JT-Sprockets...sr=8-2&keywords=120+link+520+chain+x-ring
This one has a rating of Tensile Strength: 8598 lb-f;
I also found this one that seems to be compatible:
RK 520 GXW XW-Ring Chain - RevZilla
Any advice or experience greatly appreciated in helping identify a suitable chain I can order quickly.
Best I can tell the correct size measurements are the pitch and length.
If I am correct it looks like the chain should be a 520 pitch with 120 links.
Looking at chain descriptions at suppliers websites online it looks like the next thing I need to make sure I account for is the load put on it by a 1000cc engine and that the chain is designed for street use not off-road.
I'm not sure if there are number/letter designations to help identify that aspect of the chain.
Does anyone know?
So far it looks like this may work and I get order it with Amazon Prime:
https://www.amazon.com/JT-Sprockets...sr=8-2&keywords=120+link+520+chain+x-ring
This one has a rating of Tensile Strength: 8598 lb-f;
I also found this one that seems to be compatible:
RK 520 GXW XW-Ring Chain - RevZilla
Any advice or experience greatly appreciated in helping identify a suitable chain I can order quickly.