What is going on?

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
With thanks to kennyw for the photo, and to 3rdbike for the idea, I invite members to examine the photograph and tell us in as few or as many words as they the back story to the photo. There are no rules really, except that the truth will not necessarily be welcome. Yes. I'm talking to you kennyw.

512717a5284ac1d42e3c2c85dea21170.jpg
 
Procrastination midway through an oil change has commenced due to the recollection of the superior lubricating qualities of Dactyl Corporation Hubris omnigrade motorcycle oil.
Years ago the owners of the ute were torn on a warm summers day between going to the Pub for a cold schooner of VB or a visit to the botanic gardens to watch an oak tree grow. The delay in decision that needed to be made in this instance resulted in a terminal case of procrastination.

Procrastination.
 
"Dagnabbit! There's sumpin up in there. I can hear it clickin around. Ima gonna flushem out, even if I hafta use a whole baftub of oil!"
 
They just stopped in to comment on how nicely restored my bike was. They had a CB back in the day and loved it.
 
Ok, while my oil is draining, I will check the weather forecast on the Weather Channel to see if it a good day for a ride. Oh wait, I just discovered that today there is a 24 hour marathon of my favorite old TV show “The Brady Bunch”! Time for popcorn and my favorite adult beverage.
 
This is clearly an exercise in "dominance and submission".
The life-sustaining fluid has been drained and the replacement is kept tantalizingly out of reach...now "smell the glove"... ;)

 
Dang CB threw a rod and the JB Weld isn't working. Knew I shouldn't have reflashed the ECU to get more revs. I guess there's no point in trying to refill the crankcase 'cuz the oil will just keep leaking out, so we'll have to load 'er up in the back of this 'ol pickup truck, take 'er to Popgun's, and see if he'll rebuild it.
 
:s Uhh, I’ll get right on that :celebrate:
 
This scene gave me nightmares for years when I was a little kid.
From Jason and the Argonauts: Google Search:
 
S1. So your idea is load up the bike and my leathers and drive to Hollywood?

S2, Yeah, then you suit up, I set you on fire, and you blast onto the set where they’re auditioning for Ghostrider 3.

S1. Lots of people have said I resemble Nicholas Cage, let’s do it!!!
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
This scene gave me nightmares for years when I was a little kid.
From Jason and the Argonauts: Google Search:
This one?


 
Back
Top