I just purchased the Shoei RF 1200 a few weeks ago, and besides the CB1100 it's the best purchase I've ever made in motorcycling. Completely changed my commute.
I just purchased the Shoei RF 1200 a few weeks ago, and besides the CB1100 it's the best purchase I've ever made in motorcycling. Completely changed my commute.
Since I just got back into riding 2 weeks ago when I purchased my new love, a 2014 cb1100, I also just bought my new lid. Heck, when I picked up my bike I had to borrow a helmet from the dealer to get her home.
It was 26 years ago when I had my last bike and I must say that helmets have really changed. I thought that it would be pretty simple to pick out a helmet, man was that a joke!
I always rode with Bell helmets before and decided to check them out and on their site is where I found what I wanted. The retro Bullitt. I lucked out and got my helmet for half price because it was an older model. I went with the Cobalt Blue and I love it as much as I do my new 4 cylinder. It is comfortable and I can actually see where I am going and what is around me.
Oldoperator
I recently upgraded from a Bilt to a Shoei GT Air in hi viz yellow. Very happy with it. Fits my head well and it is remarkably quieter at speed than the Bilt. Also, when I turn my head at 70 mph I hardly feel any wind effects. And the pin lock face shield is a godsend.