What helmets are you wearing.

uscgmac_imp

Been there
Thread starter
So don't know if it's been done before but would like to know what style helmets you guys are wearing on this retro beauty. Are you a retro guy, a sporty guy, safety guy, plain Jane or no helmet, free in the wind type guy. Or gal. Let's see them pics.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
And when it's real hot I wear this one

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
They are the Scorpion exo 500 corsica, HJC CL16 machine in neon and HJC IS 33 3/4 helmet.
They are the Scorpion exo 500 corsica, HJC CL16 machine in neon and HJC IS 33 3/4 helmet.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
So don't know if it's been done before but would like to know what style helmets you guys are wearing on this retro beauty. Are you a retro guy, a sporty guy, safety guy, plain Jane or no helmet, free in the wind type guy. Or gal. Let's see them pics.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
And when it's real hot I wear this one

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
They are the Scorpion exo 500 corsica, HJC CL16 machine in neon and HJC IS 33 3/4 helmet.
They are the Scorpion exo 500 corsica, HJC CL16 machine in neon and HJC IS 33 3/4 helmet.
I cover most all of those bases with the exception of the last category with a single helmet.

69339a1914ee5bc7458187c99a13e9a0.jpg


Being white, it's just a bit retro (remember when there were very few helmet color choices?) and somewhat plain Jane I suppose. The white is much more visible than a dark colored helmet, yet the helmet itself is still a bit sporty. Then again, maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that I don't need more than one helmet, lol.
 


That's my lid, Shoei RF1200. Recently added a Sena SMH10R into it for Bluetooth to my phone, mostly for music and directions. I wear it pretty much regardless of weather.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I use a Shoei Quest. I used to use a Shoei open face until a car threw a rock that bounced off my goggles. Went right out and got the full face.
 
Shoei Neotec modular with a small addition.



 
Thread starter
Wow, now that I know that thread exists then there is really no need for this one. Sorry to duplicate an existing ine which seems quite established already.
 
So, after watching this post I bought a new lid after about 10 years. There was a link to an earlier post where kmoney posted a picture of a Bell custom 500 rsd. I really liked it. Checking it out I saw the "check it" version, for half the price and bought it. I would prefer no helmet riding, always loved the wind, but if I have to wear a helmet this is the one!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Retsel_imp said:
So, after watching this post I bought a new lid after about 10 years. There was a link to an earlier post where kmoney posted a picture of a Bell custom 500 rsd. I really liked it. Checking it out I saw the "check it" version, for half the price and bought it. I would prefer no helmet riding, always loved the wind, but if I have to wear a helmet this is the one!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I absolutely love the looks of this helmet but im always jumping on the highway and the wind blast and bugs plus rocks hitting me in the face just isnt fun. I know you can get a shield but i like to be able to raise it if need be so i either use my 3/4 with a shield that lifts or a full face.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
So, after watching this post I bought a new lid after about 10 years. There was a link to an earlier post where kmoney posted a picture of a Bell custom 500 rsd. I really liked it. Checking it out I saw the "check it" version, for half the price and bought it. I would prefer no helmet riding, always loved the wind, but if I have to wear a helmet this is the one!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I absolutely love the looks of this helmet but im always jumping on the highway and the wind blast and bugs plus rocks hitting me in the face just isnt fun. I know you can get a shield but i like to be able to raise it if need be so i either use my 3/4 with a shield that lifts or a full face.

You can get a flip-up shield for the 500, but I will admit it's not the attractive thing out there...

[url=http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-custom-500-flip-up-visor-shield]http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-custom-500-flip-up-visor-shield


I usually rock a pair of Halcyon goggles and that's it -- I've had enough big bugs 'ring my bell' through my full-face to know I definitely don't want them to hit me square in the eye.
 
Thread starter
Those flip ups they make for the Bell 500 will fly off at higher speeds if you turn your head plus i agree they dont look all that great but the helmets look awesome. I think i would go the goggle route if i bought one. I once got hit in the temple with a dragon fly at about 80+ and it almost knocked me out. Looked like i got shot in the head with a pellet gun, lol. Ill stick with the hjc is33 and the scorpion full face for now.
Those flip ups they make for the Bell 500 will fly off at higher speeds if you turn your head plus i agree they dont look all that great but the helmets look awesome. I think i would go the goggle route if i bought one. I once got hit in the temple with a dragkn fly at avout 80+ and it almost knocked me out. Looked like i got shot in the head with a pellet gun, lol.
 
I have a flip up. Looks like something riot control used in the 60s. You also need to hold it down with one hand when checking your six.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
After scanning this thread, out of curiosity, I checked the manufacture dates on my helmets and see that they both will be seven years old this year.
Time certainly does fly by when you're having fun :D
They are both in great condition and have served me well, but after this season it's time to think about replacements.
I'll probably go with HJC again because they fit me well; I can wear either one all day in complete comfort, and they are good quality at a reasonable price.
 
Back
Top