What happens when you see a deluxe in person

hb9400_imp

Been there
Thread starter
First of all I love the 2013 abs version of the CB1100 that I've had for over a year but I've never had the luck of seeing a 2014 Deluxe up close. Got that opportunity little over a month ago when a pristine version showed up in my area. Owner had only put 720 miles since he bought it new. His wife preferred riding their BMW GS so it was collecting dust. Thought about it for a few days and decided I would never get the opportunity to find a better example so found a buyer for the 2013 and the seller of the 2014 took my offer. While not perfect, there are a small list of things on the 2013 I wouldn't mind on the 2014, I get the allure of the deluxe features.
e056baa595f9e2e88a84d20b022c2593.jpg
 
What happens when you see a dlx? FIrst you drool, then you admire the fine details, then you start planning ways to obtain it .

Congrats! Beautiful bike!
 
Congratulations hb9400. It is very beautiful, but it needs RLETs.

Now a question. I was just recording your bike on the registry and was looking for an entry for your 2013 bike to update it. It's there, I see, but is not recorded as an ABS bike. Was it? Given its VIN is #1644, it would change the view of the number of ABS bikes imported.

Now another question: what happened to the VStrom? Never demo a new bike unless you're prepared :)
 
Thread starter
Cormanus that would have been CB#1 which you are correct it wasn't ABS. Never posted the vin# for CB#2 the abs version. The VStrom is on the other side of the garage :)
 
Crikey! That's three. You're almost equal with Houtman. He wins, though, as he's still got all his.
 
Thread starter
Thought back in '05 that the '98 750 Nighthawk I had acquired to start riding again was going to be my only bike, I was mistaken many times over :)
 
hb9400_imp said:
Thought back in '05 that the '98 750 Nighthawk I had acquired to start riding again was going to be my only bike, I was mistaken many times over :)
:rofl: been there!
 
Thread starter
Ferret read the thread "What bikes have you bought twice?" and thought oh man I've had some twice and then some.......it's been an interesting hobby.
 
To the best of my knowledge only four CB"s came into this province - two each in '13 and '14 so seeing another one is almost impossible.
However, last weekend I happened to be at a popular donut shop 30 miles down the coast and there sat a red CB.
I knew it had to be a '13 U.S. bike because it was red and had one muffler - and the speedo was in mph.
It pained me greatly to see a long scrape down the right side of the gas tank.
When the owner appeared he said the previous owner locked the brakes and tipped over. He bought it that way and had no immediate plans to repair it.
I have never seen a '13 or the other '14 so seeing this one was very rare indeed!
 
May I ask hb a little about your 13? Mileage, condition, and what you got for it?

I found out I'm gonna have a babe and am seriously considering selling the CB. I've got a Bonnie and 2 RD projects and just don't think I can justify the CB

It pains me though.
 
Bheezy27403' pid='180455' dateline='1502318209 said:
May I ask hb a little about your 13? Mileage, condition, and what you got for it?

I found out I'm gonna have a babe and am seriously considering selling the CB. I've got a Bonnie and 2 RD projects and just don't think I can justify the CB

It pains me though.
[You can always put the baby up for adoption and keep your bikes......../quote]
 
Thread starter
Bheezy27403 my 2013 had under 1,600 miles with the Honda oem heated grips, givi luggage carrier, sw-motech engine guards and was also pristine. I took $5,500 for it only because I was getting the 2014 and just couldn't justify keeping both. Glad I did it, the buyers were a nice young couple, you could see the guy was smitten at first sight. They had no gear so we gave them both full face helmets, a leather jacket and riding gloves. Extra gear that was collecting dust.
 
Good on ya hb, awesome thing for you to do.
 
Thread starter
Felt right and we've done it before with other buyers. So Ferret what model luggage rack do you have mounted to your deluxe? Looking to add a rack and engine guards.
 
I have the Fehling rack out of Germany. It's a stunningly good looking rack but small and doesn't hold much lol
 
Nice gesture to the purchaser, HB.
 
Back
Top