What happened to the J&P/Lucas taillight thread?

Buffalohead_imp

Been there
Thread starter
There was a cool thread with some great photos of a CB with a J&P Lucas style tail light. I don't remember who posted it. Was it removed? I was wanting to check it out again. (?)
 
I "think" the author deleted his thread (and all of his posts since joining) after getting mad at me for editing one of his posts that I felt was derogatory aimed towards another member. I say I "think" because I'm not 100% positive who the original poster of the thread in question was, but the timing of it's dissapearance is certainly uncanny.

So you can blame me for the loss of information. Sorry.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I "think" the author deleted his thread (and all of his posts since joining) after getting mad at me for editing one of his posts that I felt was derogatory aimed towards another member. I say I "think" because I'm not 100% positive who the original poster of the thread in question was, but the timing of it's dissapearance is certainly uncanny.

So you can blame me for the loss of information. Sorry.
Damn you ferret! Guth, go ahead and delete my account now!

(am I remembering correctly, was that the one where the poster got mad over something trivial and posted that he wanted Guth to remove his account immediately?)
 
You guys better have your hall passes when I ask for them lol
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
There was a cool thread with some great photos of a CB with a J&P Lucas style tail light. I don't remember who posted it. Was it removed? I was wanting to check it out again. (?)
I mounted this light at the end of april when I got my cb1100 but I did not like the up angle that the lens pointed when covering up the harness hole in the fender so I went back to the stock light. I have plans to mount the lucas light assembly correctly with the lens angled straight back horizontaly and cover the fender hole when I paint my ride this winter. right now , if you would like I can remount the light and shoot a couple of photo's but the lens angle will be pointing upward.. looks chopper/bobberish, no thanks.
 
Ferret and I are both pretty easy going personalities and do the best we can. But as the old saying goes, you can't please all of the people all of the time. We've had just a few people choose to leave this place after getting themselves worked up over one thing or another. Only one person has ever asked to have their account deleted. The latest person chose to remove all of their content, which is currently permissible. It's a bummer, but it does happen.

That said, if you use Google, you can search for any keyword/keyword combination followed by a space and then:

site:cb1100forum.com

and most returned results will also include a cached version, which remains for quite a while if I'm not mistaken.
 
I help out on another forum. Members have 72 hours to edit their posts; after that, they remain. Terms of Service. You post, you assume it will be around forever. Keeps things like threads from going bye bye and creating confusion.
 
Hey Rboe, thanks for that. 72 hours sounds pretty fair. I missed that setting when first getting things set up here.
 
Guth_imp said:
Ferret and I are both pretty easy going personalities and do the best we can. But as the old saying goes, you can't please all of the people all of the time. We've had just a few people choose to leave this place after getting themselves worked up over one thing or another. Only one person has ever asked to have their account deleted. The latest person chose to remove all of their content, which is currently permissible. It's a bummer, but it does happen.

That said, if you use Google, you can search for any keyword/keyword combination followed by a space and then:

site:cb1100forum.com

and most returned results will also include a cached version, which remains for quite a while if I'm not mistaken.
Pretty amazing. Either a new category needs to be added to the age poll (under age 6) or the person just entered the witness protection program.
 
Gentlemen,

I have just spent 3 days (well, of my spare time at night) studying this mod. I too, was puzzled at the disappearance of that thread. I would have taken photos and done another "Chip Beck Spec" on my installation but Mike already had his thread and I didn't want to step on his toes and duplicate it. Anyway, I bought two different Lucas tail lights from J&P and tried them both along with countless combinations of mounting hardware and methods. My final result I think is really nice and it works perfectly. I'll post photos later this morning. Perhaps I'll take it all apart and photo document the process. I wish I'd known that other thread was going to disappear. Oh well.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

I have just spent 3 days (well, of my spare time at night) studying this mod. I too, was puzzled at the disappearance of that thread. I would have taken photos and done another "Chip Beck Spec" on my installation but Mike already had his thread and I didn't want to step on his toes and duplicate it. Anyway, I bought two different Lucas tail lights from J&P and tried them both along with countless combinations of mounting hardware and methods. My final result I think is really nice and it works perfectly. I'll post photos later this morning. Perhaps I'll take it all apart and photo document the process. I wish I'd known that other thread was going to disappear. Oh well.

Chip
Chip, you gotta start your own site, "Tons of photos and step-by-step directions of cool cuss you can do to your CB11."
 
vfrpaul98_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
There was a cool thread with some great photos of a CB with a J&P Lucas style tail light. I don't remember who posted it. Was it removed? I was wanting to check it out again. (?)
I mounted this light at the end of april when I got my cb1100 but I did not like the up angle that the lens pointed when covering up the harness hole in the fender so I went back to the stock light. I have plans to mount the lucas light assembly correctly with the lens angled straight back horizontaly and cover the fender hole when I paint my ride this winter. right now , if you would like I can remount the light and shoot a couple of photo's but the lens angle will be pointing upward.. looks chopper/bobberish, no thanks.
Paul,

While it's true that the Lucas light is slightly angled upward, the stock taillight is angled upwards the same amount. Look at the photos below. I really like the shape of the stock tail light but Honda made it ENORMOUS. The thing is huge and sticks out farther back than the fender itself. The turn signals are too big too IMO and I have new replacement units to replace them as well. I tried two different Lucas lights and settled on this one. I will post a "How To" as soon as I have time. Cheers.

Chip

Stock Light



[url=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/chipbeck/media/Alu8.jpg.html]

[url=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/chipbeck/media/Alu9.jpg.html]

My Light

[url=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/chipbeck/media/Light1.jpg.html]

[url=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/chipbeck/media/Light3.jpg.html]

[url=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/chipbeck/media/Light2.jpg.html]
 
The blasphemy... Is that newspaper under a Honda?
 
Chip,

That looks like one beauty of a Husqvarna sitting in the background of the first shot. All of a sudden, I've got the soundtrack to On Any Sunday playing over and over in my mind.

Maybe you could post up some pics of it some day over in the Other Bikes section (hint, hint).

Guth
 
The ferret_imp said:
The blasphemy... Is that newspaper under a Honda?
Mickey,

The tile floor in my entry way scratches pretty easily. The newspaper is to keep the center stand from scarring the tile. The bike doesn't leak a drop.

Chip
 
I was thinking you could attach teflon strips to your center stand but I bet sand and such could be ground into them and that would scratch your tile. Maybe leather patches......
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
The blasphemy... Is that newspaper under a Honda?
Mickey,

The tile floor in my entry way scratches pretty easily. The newspaper is to keep the center stand from scarring the tile. The bike doesn't leak a drop.

Chip
Mickey,

The tile floor in my entry way scratches pretty easily. The newspaper is to keep the center stand from scarring the tile. The bike doesn't leak a drop.

Chip
Ahh, that explains it. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top