Motogeezer1949_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
When you top it off, how do you go about it?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Well said...funny. Accurate.The ferret_imp said:Pull up to pump, turn off key, put side stand down, climb off and flip modular face piece up. Remain standing on left, remove tank bag and sit it on seat. Get out and swipe credit card, select regular or 87 Octane. Fill into bottom of neck, no additional added. Close gas cap, put key back in ignition, put tank bag back on. Take receipt from pump and stuff in left pants pocket. Climb on, kick side stand up, turn on ignition and fire it up. Toggle to trip B (miles ridden on this tank and observe miles ). Zero Trip B, toggle back to Trip A (miles ridden on this day.) Close modular helmet, snick in gear, look around and take off.
I can only add that I fill up while straddling the bike... not because I want to, but because I always always pull up too close to the pump and then can't get off the bike once I put the side stand down and lean the bike. I cannot seem to learn that lesson. 
Well, I guess I'd better learn to pull up wider and get off the thing. Thanks for the lesson in safety!fruno_imp said:I try not to fill her up while I am ON the bike. My old driving teacher (yes, we have to take lessons for the license over here) taught me so, because it is impossible to escape if spilled gas catches fire on the hot motor or exhaust.
watch this:(rated PG)
Fruno

that was the first fillup. all the fiddling was trying to remember how to reset the trip meters.The ferret_imp said:Cann't believe I just watched a 7 minute video on filling a motorcycle with gas lol.
Man, that was a lot of finger fiddling on those buttons. What all were you doing?