What does everybody use to clean their headers?

Thread starter
there's a good point. i'm creeping toward 7k now, but i've been frequently trying to keep it as clean as i can, using various polishes. my hope is that the optiglanz will be like a "reset" so that i can start caring for the pipes in the proper way. I had read a post about treating them with wd40 on a regular basis between cleanups, and letting the exhaust heat develop a nice, smooth, non-blotchy color.
 
Can someone explain the Jet Hot thing you are talking about? I am about sick of having to polish mine after just about every ride to keep them looking great. I have been using Blue Magic Metal Polish Cream, It will shine them new but it takes time and a lot of patients.
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
Q: What does everybody use to clean their headers?
A: Puddles
actually i rode through a deluge yesterday and when i got it into the Garage at night and wiped down the headers they were totally polished. really, rainstorms do wonders, as long as you don't let it air dry.
 
Thread starter
not to zombify this thread but, I just wanted to put a conclusion on the whole thing: Optiglanz is effing magic. seriously. I just got my bottle in the mail from germany and went right to work and I have never purchased anything so effective at its stated purpose in my life. Those pipes returned to their original color just from rinsing off.

right here: https://www.louis.eu/artikel/optiglanz-cleaner-for-stailnless-steel-250-ml/10004155
 
I fixed my bronzed, spotted headers for good by replacing the 2013 with a 2017.
d9ca85def2b288b0967b520794aeda27.jpg
75857b4897e8593edc1881524058bcfa.jpg
 
Teamwalker_imp said:
This may be heresy, but I kinda like the "golden glow" of the SS pipes on my 14 Std. Read a story once where Holman and Moody advised that the way they get the finish on the original GT 40 headers (not Ford reboot) was to wipe them down with WD40 and let the heat go to work! I have tried this and it produces a very even golden color.
Me too.
 
Back
Top