What do you think of these new Boots?

ride4now_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Sedici Maximo Adv Boot.

I bought them at Cycle Gear yesterday. Even though they're tall they were easy to get on and off unlike many of the others they had in stock. I've never worn a real motorcycle boot. These are leather and waterproof. In the past I always worn just a pair of Timberland waterproof boots. Is Sedici a good brand? These may be too ADV looking but actually under jeans who sees them and I like the extra ankle and shin protection they offer which could come in handy when I take my KLR off road (which is hardly ever... lol). What do you guys think? What do you wear?






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Wow! Good looking boots. Look like they offer plenty of protection and very weather proof. Sedici has a good reputation for quality so no concerns there. I wear an Alpinestars Gore-Tex boot and you have seen them. Lighter and shorter than the Sedicis you have but probably don't see the extremes that you do.

Cheers
 
The height is good. I think you got that height to protect your lower leg from all the things that can happen to lower legs when riding a motorcycle or more to the point, crashing a motorcycle.

Are these specifically for motorcycles? Those straps look dangerous if they get loose, wouldn't you think? The boots I bought from "FLY" are Velcro only to keep that from happening and are specifically for motorcyclists, water proof, vented, designed to fit properly underneath the shifter and also with enough support to be used for brief walks, like into a restaurant at Gatlinburg.
 
I think they look great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: but as was mentioned, they may be a bit warm in Florida.
I wear a Triumph boot made by Alpinestars which are somewhat similar.
 
Ride4Now.....that's a good looking set of boots there...I wear these Justins around town and then a set of Fox cam buckle boots like those on yours when riding on longer trips.

593b8b506855d46830b65d8c6685ef82.png
 
I've worn a tall boot like that since day one (2003, with my SV-650). Mine are Gore-Tex Alpinestars as well, with a zipper and velcro closures.
They're obviously not as cool as a mesh low-cut ankle boot, but they don't seem to bother me too much on very hot days.
If I could own only one type of motorcycle boot, something like this would be it. (And in fact, I do only own one type of boot...never had a need to buy something else).

As you'd guess with my case, boots like this last a very long time, so I hope you're happy with them.
I think a Gore-Tex or similar membrane is a worthy investment, but if you find that they're too hot, just buy a summer boot. It'll be a good purchase for your Southern Summers.
 
NightRider_imp said:
The height is good. I think you got that height to protect your lower leg from all the things that can happen to lower legs when riding a motorcycle or more to the point, crashing a motorcycle.

Are these specifically for motorcycles? Those straps look dangerous if they get loose, wouldn't you think? The boots I bought from "FLY" are Velcro only to keep that from happening and are specifically for motorcyclists, water proof, vented, designed to fit properly underneath the shifter and also with enough support to be used for brief walks, like into a restaurant at Gatlinburg.
Here they are in this link. They even have reflective pin striping. Very comfortable and I suppose they look good with a matching set of pants and jacket, black.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...mp;utm_campaign=Boot+>+Fly+Milepost+Air+Boots
 
Me? The Flys? They are vented and they are water resistant meaning they keep rain out and allow air in, the best of both worlds are available in good motorcycle boots.

I got caught in the rain the first day I wore them (and rode my CB1100) in a ride to Fall Creek Falls state park here in Middle Tennessee. It was a downpour all the way home, an hour and a half, with some pucker moments coming downhill off the Cumberland Plateau in the dark, in a downpour and with semi trucks passing me on occasion. I was glad for all the reflective surfaces including the boots.

My feet were dry when I got home and pulled the boots off. So these venting holes do keep rain out and allow air in. At least in my Flys.


http://tnstateparks.com/parks/inn/inn-at-fall-creek-falls
 
Nice looking boots. Still looking around for some comfortable boots for everyday riding, been using a pair of leather army surplus paratrooper boots sine the early nineties and my newest pair is a set of Sidi vented boots I got in 2004.
Need something with a bit of traction on the bottom so I can move the bikes around safely and supple enough so that I can comfortably walk or sit around while wearing.
Been following all the links and mentions of brands to see what's out there. Thanks for the suggestions.
 
They look good and Sedici does have a good reputation. It's very dangerous that Cycle Gear opened a store a 1/4 mile from my home! I just bought boots, a jacket and a Sedici Bluetooth helmet. And a jacket and helmet for my wife. From what the salesgirl told me and showed me when I was looking for a helmet, Bilt is their bargain line and Sedici is higher quality with more features. At least that was true for the helmets and also what I've seen with regard to boots too. Tried a Bilt helmet on and it was quite heavy. Not so with the Sedici.
 
I tend to like boots that are basically, boots. On my CB1100, for the past couple of years now I've been riding in a pair of ADV style boots that are made by Sidi for Aerostich. They're pretty beefy, rather tall and certainly aren't vented. They did require some breaking in, but I now find them to be very comfortable mainly because they fit my feet incredibly well. At this point, much like wearing a helmet when riding or a seatbelt when driving, they've become a subconscious part of my CB routine and I'm not sure that I'd feel comfortable without them.

So I guess I'm okay with rather tall, warm, clunky ADV style boots, even if they seem a little out of place on the CB. If your experience ends up being anything like mine, then you might just come to appreciate those Sedici boots.

 
Thread starter
They look good Guth. I like mine so far although they're not all leather like I thought, so we'll see how long they really last. But so far, so good.
 
Thread starter
Pete Erickson_imp said:
Man was I disappointed. Just got back from vacation and had not been on the computer for a couple of weeks.

I thought the title said boobs.
You had me wondering if I did a 'typo'... :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top