What do you pay for fuel?

ride4now_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I noticed in a different thread that one of our Aussie friends recently
bought gas for $1.58 per liter. That's almost $6.00 per gallon. Here in
N. Georgia I just paid $2.85 per gallon for premium. What do you pay for gas and where did you buy it? Just curious...
 
Here in Switzerland, I pay CHF 1.65 per liter which converts to USD 6.67 per gallon.

Oh, and my CB1100EX cost me USD 16'500.
 
Vancouver BC -- $1.47cad/liter. Our gas prices seem to have 0 connection to the price of oil, but such is life.
 
Ohio..I paid $2.74 gal this morning
 
ride4now_imp said:
I noticed in a different thread that one of our Aussie friends recently
bought gas for $1.58 per liter. That's almost $6.00 per gallon. Here in
N. Georgia I just paid $2.85 per gallon for premium. What do you pay for gas and where did you buy it? Just curious...
If that was Australian dollars, it would be more like $4.50 USD / gal. I feel their pain. I pay an average of $5 / gal for aviation gas.

Around here fuel prices seem to be fluctuating. On my way to the airport this afternoon I saw prices ranging from $2.53 to $2.79.
 
Tink, we here in CA are getting HOSED on fuel priced compared to the rest of the country. Not only do we pay more than anywhere else, but we also USE more due to all of the "environmental" cleaners they put in it to make it burn cleaner.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
I noticed in a different thread that one of our Aussie friends recently
bought gas for $1.58 per liter. That's almost $6.00 per gallon. Here in
N. Georgia I just paid $2.85 per gallon for premium. What do you pay for gas and where did you buy it? Just curious...
If that was Australian dollars, it would be more like $4.50 USD / gal. I feel their pain. I pay an average of $5 / gal for aviation gas.

Around here fuel prices seem to be fluctuating. On my way to the airport this afternoon I saw prices ranging from $2.53 to $2.79.
If that was Australian dollars, it would be more like $4.50 USD / gal. I feel their pain. I pay an average of $5 / gal for aviation gas.

Around here fuel prices seem to be fluctuating. On my way to the airport this afternoon I saw prices ranging from $2.53 to $2.79.
I suspect noroomtomove gave the price in AUD. Still expensive here. About AUD$1.40/liter today.
 
I have a friend from Germany that loves to come to the states because he says our gas is always so cheap compared to what he pays back home.
 
Gentlemen,

I'm a Chevron dealer and I'm currently paying 2.71 per gallon wholesale to buy Regular gas. There are stations all over Phoenix selling gas for 2.69, some as low as 2.61 per gallon. Lower than my wholesale cost. Bummer. My retail price is 2.99.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

I'm a Chevron dealer and I'm currently paying 2.71 per gallon wholesale to buy Regular gas. There are stations all over Phoenix selling gas for 2.69, some as low as 2.61 per gallon. Lower than my wholesale cost. Bummer. My retail price is 2.99.

Chip
I believe it and I think it should be emphasized. Keep in mind that the EPA has REGIONAL REQUIREMENTS in terms of additives for emissions standards...and those cost. As does having a hundred different sorts of blends cost.

The profit to the oil companies was, when I researched it, 2008...eight cents a gallon. To the retailer, comparable or less.

That's why mom-and-pop service stations have disappeared. Goober and his family cannot make a living selling gasoline anymore. Only a chain of self-serve stations with minimal employees and cardreaders can show a profit...a razor-thin profit.

Where is all this money going? OPEC.
 
Typically I'm filling up at the same local Shell station most every time. It's conveniently located on my ride to/from work and there a a couple of guys that work there who like to talk about my bikes and always bring me some paper towels in case of a spill. Whatever they are charging is what I end up paying and they honor discount points that are earned where we buy groceries (I've saved anywhere between 10 to 70 cents per gallon this past year).
 
JustPassinThru_imp said:
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

I'm a Chevron dealer and I'm currently paying 2.71 per gallon wholesale to buy Regular gas. There are stations all over Phoenix selling gas for 2.69, some as low as 2.61 per gallon. Lower than my wholesale cost. Bummer. My retail price is 2.99.

Chip
I believe it and I think it should be emphasized. Keep in mind that the EPA has REGIONAL REQUIREMENTS in terms of additives for emissions standards...and those cost. As does having a hundred different sorts of blends cost.

The profit to the oil companies was, when I researched it, 2008...eight cents a gallon. To the retailer, comparable or less.

That's why mom-and-pop service stations have disappeared. Goober and his family cannot make a living selling gasoline anymore. Only a chain of self-serve stations with minimal employees and cardreaders can show a profit...a razor-thin profit.

Where is all this money going? OPEC.
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Motorists may fume when forking over $3 a gallon at the local service station, but as it turns out, your local filling spot makes chump change from a gallon of gas.

So exactly who is getting rich?

Gas stations: A surprisingly small amount goes to the guy who runs the station. Most service stations are independently owned and operated and take in between 7 and 10 cents for every gallon they sell, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Taxes: The government takes about 40-70 cents right off the top, with about 18 cents going to the feds. State taxes vary widely, but the national average is about 22 cents a gallon. Most of this money is used to build and maintain roads.

Transportation: Getting the gas from refineries to service stations via trucks or pipelines - and the cost of storing it in large tanks - eats up another 23 to 26 cents per gallon.

Refining: About 24 cents a gallon goes to refining companies

Crude oil: This is the most expensive part of a gallon of gas. Of every gallon of gas $2.07 from every gallon of gas goes to producers of crude
 
The ferret_imp said:
I have a friend from Germany that loves to come to the states because he says our gas is always so cheap compared to what he pays back home.
That's really true.

I pay usually about 1.45 Euro/liter for 95 octan, 5% ethanol. 95 octan, 10% ethanol is a few cents cheaper. That's lowest quality, available in Germany. High performance cars run usually 98 octan.

For the convenience of you US guys: 1.45 Euro/l is 6.10 USD/gallon.
 
Back
Top