What do you guys think of this tank?

Josh DIDN'T do it. He found the picture on-line.
 
Thread starter
It's not mine, but I am half tempted to buy it.

Not going to lie- I would do something different if I were starting from scratch, but having this already done is awfully convenient.

Of course there are unknowns- are the original badge indentations filled with putty that will crack and fall out shortly? Will the paint loose adhesion and peel off?

Still- to buy a spare tank, strip it, fill the holes, paint, stripes, badges...gets real expensive really quickly as well as time involvement. Buying this would be clicking a mouse button. Hmmmm..
 
I really like that colour, I've been wanting an orange bike/car ever since I saw the 2008 Camaro SS in Burnt Orange Metallic (I think that is what they called it).
 
Thread starter
Do any of you guys have the skills to Photoshop this tank onto a bike? Preferably a black standard. I would probably try to paint a set of side covers to match, but I do not know what the paint code is that was used.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I love the 1100f tank shape and the color is amazing. Wish I could've found one while building my bike.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
G’day nferr. Welcome to the forum.
 
"It fills the emblem part of the normal tank at the shop and is all paint of lame type orange, gold, black, white 4 color old car image.
Emblem is medieval, so it has usage."

Don't you just love Japanese translations lol
 
Thread starter
I just wish I knew what they filled the emblem with, and the paint color code.

For the money, welding the indentations would be much better than slapping bondo in them.

I would also need the paint color code if I were to get it so I could match the side panels.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I think it looks great, but $1500 is a lot. I’m picky about paint finishes, so I’d want to see it in person or up close and personal. Looks very nicely done, though!
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Once the painters tape is removed and mounted on a bike- and the sun hits it- will probably look darn good.


57ac0e7096f1677db2529b3f37da1943.jpg


3a9cd538e976238d5c5a0cb901add980.jpg


cac36da86c613b4eb6e01d576da380a0.jpg
Looks fabulous. :exclamation:
 
It looks pretty darn good NOW!!!
 
Thread starter
I wonder who ended up buying that?

Wasn’t me, although I was very very tempted – because I knew I would also have to try to match the paint and side panels.

The seller was not able to provide the paint code color nor answer my questions as to if the badge indentations were filled with bondo or welded.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Via email I haggled him down to $900 if he could have provided the paint code. He couldn’t.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Via email I haggled him down to $900 if he could have provided the paint code. He couldn’t.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Honda OEM, send paint code question to Takashi, he got my paint code for 16. 8 L white DLX tank, I bought from him 20 months ago.
Perhaps he can help in this "old" case as well??
 
Back
Top