What did you do to your CB1100 Today?

lola_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Hey All. I've seen threads like this on other forums and thought I would start off with my little ordeal today,actually the whole day..
feel free to add what you fellas been up to

Valve cover leak:clap:. On left side chrome cap nearest to your left knee was leaking and getting on my left side cover at speed.

Did not bother taking it to the dealer for warranty since I do not like other people touching my bike and also I do enjoy tinkering whenever time permits. Also, with all the modifications done to it I don't want to justify the fact that the leak wasn't caused by what I put on the bike...



[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/valvecover/5v1of1_zpsca9e5113.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/valvecover/3v1of1_zps0a1f734c.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/valvecover/2v1of1_zps56637d23.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/valvecover/7v1of1_zps76c5ab5c.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/valvecover/8v1of1_zps7b88b4d6.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/valvecover/9v1of1_zpsc1c72ddc.jpg.html]

Notice the lip of the valve cover gasket does not go around the chrome half moon cap. Oddly this was where the leak was coming from. but It does not look like it was torn off.
[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/valvecover/10v1of1_zps8fe5e429.jpg.html]


The lip on the rest of the caps goes around the half moon chrome cap pictured here.
[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/valvecover/11v1of1_zps917a9f40.jpg.html]


Enjoy!
 
Really neat pictures. Color is very different for some reason, but they look cool.

The microfiche only shows 3 of the circular caps, but the rubber goes around all three of them. My memory is failing me on whether they went around all 4 in the late 70s early 80s.
 
We still have 6-8 inches of snow and temps in the low 30s. I cleaned space outside the garage door, rolled her out and fired her up and sat there for 15-20 minutes bringing het up to temp. The excuse was I wanted to double check how the new lower pegs feel.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
 
I made my first chain adjustment. Cleaned the chain and sprockets and lubed with Dupont Teflon Chain Lubricant. The chain had stretched some initially and I could feel a difference in shift quality. Going for a ride this afternoon. It's sunny out and around 70F.
 
I installed a Power Commander V and a K&N air filter. Changed the brake and clutch fluid. I am waiting for a TSR air funnel and Arrow slip on to be delivered.
 
INTP... You didn't take pictures of the procedure for changing the brake and clutch fluids did you? Would make a heck of an addition to our How To section.
 
The ferret_imp said:
INTP... You didn't take pictures of the procedure for changing the brake and clutch fluids did you? Would make a heck of an addition to our How To section.
I didn't, but I could re-inact it and take pics.

I used a vacuum bleeder that I got from Harbor Freight. It worked pretty well, next time, I might just do it the old fashioned way.

I decided to change these fluids because the looked dark in the front brake and clutch master cylinders. I used Pro Honda DOT 4 fluid. It is actually darker than the fluid it replaced.
 
That would be awesome or maybe next time if it would be hard to duplicate. I think that would really help a lot of guys unsure about doing their own.

You say the Honda Pro Fluid was dark already huh? How do ypu tell when it needs to be changed again?
 
Has anyone done a brake fluid change on an ABS model? My CB is non ABS and brake fluid changes should be simple but I've heard that ABS systems can be more complicated when doing a fluid change.
 
I installed a coffee cup holder on my PCX
and adjusted my chain on the CB for the first time

I need to ride soon or I may burst
 
Ole_imp said:
I installed a coffee cup holder on my PCX
and adjusted my chain on the CB for the first time

I need to ride soon or I may burst
Where did you mount that coffee cup holder?

I hear you about riding! This winter has dragged on entirely too long, at least it seems like that.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
enzo_imp said:
I just washed mine.........but Lola what's with the springs on the headers.
Them spring hold the header flanges together.


I believe to drain the clutch fluid you would have to remove the cover from the gear selector and the gear selector itself/shifter itself.

When I do mine I would invest in those brake speed bleeders to make life a bit easier.
 
Rode it. Sorry snowbound mates. Photos elsewhere later?
 
I finally got the rear Sport Demon mounted and installed. Got the front wheel off and in the trunk to take to Cycle Gear to have the new front tire mounted. I fired her up for the first time in 3 months.......she cranked immediately; the battery was still strong even though I never hooked up the battery tender.:D
Gotta love them Hondas! :clap: :biker:
 
Swapped out my black springs for chrome and went back to the stock step plates. Going change the oil today and just keep cleaning her. Some stuff looks better then new now. Doesn't look like for any riding this month, 1st month I've missed since May?
 
After my 600 miles service, I put in a K&N air filter. May be my imagination, but acceleration from 60 to 75 mph on the freeway seems a tad quicker. Probably my imagination.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top