What did you do on or to your CB 1100 today

I'm trying to do the same - tires, sprockets and chain replacement - in preparation for the rally. One local Honda shop refused to put the Angel GTs on because they aren't OEM original sizes. Trying a local mom and pop shop now.
 
Indeed great news, Ferret.
I washed my CB after the Atlantic rainy journey.
The headers had baked in dirt that was hard to remove, even by using pressure washer, soaking and scrubbing.
But now it is as clean as Ferret’s  :D
 
I did the unthinkable today! After seven years of ownership I went for a last ride on my CB1100EX ! It was a fittingly hot and sunny day, a perfect environment for these wheels. I sold it last night and the new owner is getting it shipped down to Cork this afternoon. He purchased it solely from the pictures in the ad and sold his current bike yesterday just to buy it. He had wanted a CB1100 for years and couldn't believe his luck when one came up for sale in Ireland.

Although the sale is tinged with sadness I am delighted it is going to someone with a passionate enthusiasm for the bike. I got a decent price for it but not amazing, the 2nd hand market in Ireland is quite subdued at the moment. Lots of bikes for sale at unreasonably high asking prices that just are not moving, mainly people with unrealistic expectations of their pride & joys worth.

I have four bikes and the CB got used the least. This is no fault of the bike but more due to the very wet nature of our island here. The chrome ladened bike doesn't mix well in these temperate climes and I found myself loathed to take it out in the rain. We get a lot of it here and this year for the first six months has been a veritable washout. It has been miserable this year with just a few sporadic good periods. This prompted my move to sell and of course now we are in the middle of a bloody heat wave  :dodgy:

I do love this bike, it is unique and I have thoroughly enjoyed the ownership of it and the 10,000 kilometers I put up on it, all good rides. I won't regret the sale, I know people say this about bikes but to me it was a great experience and now is the time for someone else to enjoy it. There is a good chance my little Daytona 660 will follow in its footsteps, as I get older I like to juggle a few less balls.
That leaves me to say farewll chaps (and the odd lady?), I have really enjoyed the forum and of course will hang around to see the results on the monthly photo challenge. I wish you all the very best.  :beerchug:

[attachment=1596]
 

Attachments

  • Farewell CB1100EX.webp
    Farewell CB1100EX.webp
    120.3 KB · Views: 62
Tev, that’s both good and bad news.
The bad part is that you’ve parted ways with your beloved CB, but the good part is that it’s gone to a good home.
I hope that even though your CB has left you, you’ll stick around on our forum.
I value your opinions and your motorcycling experience, always!
Good luck.
 
Godspeed Tev, it's been an honor and a pleasure
 
Good luck, Tev. Don't be a stranger.
 
Tev, you made several good contributions on this forum, so please stick around. Plus, I love seeing pictures of your beautiful country.
 
The A-man said:
I'm trying to do the same - tires, sprockets and chain replacement - in preparation for the rally.  One local Honda shop refused to put the Angel GTs on because they aren't OEM original sizes.  Trying a local mom and pop shop now.

I had the same problem with my Honda dealer as well.
They would not supply the rear/160, so l did sent them my tire and they installed it without mentioning its 160 size.
This is due to new regulations.
 
You will be missed Tev, make sure to recommend the forum to the new owner!
 
Thread starter
Best to you, Tev. I have enjoyed all your posts and your YouTube channel. You are an incredibly charismatic, fascinating guy. Ride safely and has often as you can. David
 
Tev, I wish you farewell. I am sorry to see you go. I know you know you could stay on the Forum, for we enjoy your input, but it is your life. Thank you for the wonderful YouTube videos about the CB1100. 
:biker:
 
Thanks for the kind words all, I shall definitely stick my head in from time to time. I will remember my time with the CB fondly, of course it was running and handling perfectly on its last day.

I look at the turmoil Honda are in with their 1000 Hornet (excessive oil consumption due to mismatched piton and piston ring technology) and the global remedial work they are planning for owners and it made me reflect on the CB1100. Ownership was an absolute breeze, no need for dealer intervention, no drama, just the odd bit of self maintenance and away you go.

Good Luck
 
Took it in for new tires, brake and clutch fluids changed.
 
I have been watching, with great interest, the progress of the L.A. Museum of Art (LACMA). It's located across the street and one over from the Academy Arts Museum from the Petersen. We've always enjoyed strolling through LACMA, but it lacked architectural cohesiveness, and was knocked down a few years ago for the construction of a new museum. The initial renderings made it look like a big glass burrito (maybe a chalupa) that would extend from the North side of Wilshire Blvd. to the South, arcing over the street. 
When the construction started, I saw that it was going to be less like a burrito, and more like a sandwich. A concrete and glass sandwich. I was skeptical...

Not that I'm an architecture snob, but I like what I like. I'm a fan of the Disney Music Hall, an aluminum bucket that melted in the sun. Not so much the Broad Modern Art Museum, a big white Lexus grille. But, now that LACMA is complete and open, I have eaten my words of contempt and am a huge fan. I got to the Petersen early this morning, so I took some time to cruise around the street views of LACMA to take it in. Adjacent to the museum to the Southeast is a bizarre flowery art installation that's a dinosaur/horse thingee by Jeff Koons. Looks pretty cool, but if I were on peyote I'm sure it would be even more so. 

[attachment=1599]

I'm digging the place and am looking forward to checking it out from the inside.
[attachment=1598]
[attachment=1600]

As I was looking at the North side of the building, I caught a reflection of the Petersen Museum in the glass. Now that's kind of cool.

[attachment=1601]
 

Attachments

  • M1.webp
    M1.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 93
  • M2.webp
    M2.webp
    62 KB · Views: 93
  • M3.webp
    M3.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 93
  • M4.webp
    M4.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 93
Gone in 60 said:
I have been watching, with great interest, the progress of the L.A. Museum of Art (LACMA). It's located across the street and one over from the Academy Arts Museum from the Petersen. We've always enjoyed strolling through LACMA, but it lacked architectural cohesiveness, and was knocked down a few years ago for the construction of a new museum. The initial renderings made it look like a big glass burrito (maybe a chalupa) that would extend from the North side of Wilshire Blvd. to the South, arcing over the street. 
When the construction started, I saw that it was going to be less like a burrito, and more like a sandwich. A concrete and glass sandwich. I was skeptical...

Not that I'm an architecture snob, but I like what I like. I'm a fan of the Disney Music Hall, an aluminum bucket that melted in the sun. Not so much the Broad Modern Art Museum, a big white Lexus grille. But, now that LACMA is complete and open, I have eaten my words of contempt and am a huge fan. I got to the Petersen early this morning, so I took some time to cruise around the street views of LACMA to take it in. Adjacent to the museum to the Southeast is a bizarre flowery art installation that's a dinosaur/horse thingee by Jeff Koons. Looks pretty cool, but if I were on peyote I'm sure it would be even more so. 



I'm digging the place and am looking forward to checking it out from the inside.




As I was looking at the North side of the building, I caught a reflection of the Petersen Museum in the glass. Now that's kind of cool.

Hey Gone, I was at Petersen last year while visiting my son and I paid extra for the vault access.  Wow! so many cool cars there!

And yes, I did have a pickle with my Pastrami sandwich at Canters!   Also stopped by The Apple Pan too!  Part of my visit was to see the Honda Collection Hall in Torrance.  Have you been by?  It's free. Be well. Russ
 
Cooldrum, you were in my back yard, where I work, and didn't let me know??!! Dude!

A pickle with your pastrami sandwich at Canter's is absolutely mandatory. I walk up Fairfax to Canter's every now and then to treat myelf. Usually I don't make it past Trader Joe's to grab a wrap and a bag of "Inka Corn" corn nuts. Apple Pan is a great piece of L.A. history, but had you consulted me before your trip, I'd also have sent you to the original Tommy's on Beverly and Rampart. That's a pilgramage.

And the Honda Collection - they host a cars-and-coffee four times a year and open their doors to the collection. The next one is this Saturday, the 18th, and I have the day cleared to go!


Yesterday, rode the CB1100 down to Mom's to have lunch. While I was there, I asked what she needed help with. No house repairs or computer fixes, but Hazel, her cat, needed her claws trimmed. 

I trim our boy's claws regularly. I have a system. Grab Sterling or Cyril when they're not expecting it, lay the captured beast on his back, clip one side, spin him around and clip the other side. Before they know what happened, put some treats out, let them gobble them up, and all is good. Hazel is a small, grey, furry chainsaw. Mom was a kitten foster mom for many years, and helped hundreds of wayward felines find happy homes. Hazel was the last, and had a pretty hard life. Mom was retiring from fostering, and kept Hazel. She loves Mom, but everyone else is a threat. 

I came away with a lot of damage. My swollen, bandaged fingers could hardly go back into my gloves when I left. But, the job got done. And, I swapped bikes, leaving the CB in Mom's garage and bringing the Bonneville home after a month-long nap. The CB can sleep for a while.
 
Gone in 60 said:
Cooldrum, you were in my back yard, where I work, and didn't let me know??!! Dude!

A pickle with your pastrami sandwich at Canter's is absolutely mandatory. I walk up Fairfax to Canter's every now and then to treat myelf. Usually I don't make it past Trader Joe's to grab a wrap and a bag of "Inka Corn" corn nuts. Apple Pan is a great piece of L.A. history, but had you consulted me before your trip, I'd also have sent you to the original Tommy's on Beverly and Rampart. That's a pilgramage.

And the Honda Collection - they host a cars-and-coffee four times a year and open their doors to the collection. The next one is this Saturday, the 18th, and I have the day cleared to go!

Gone,  I did also attend a Cars and Coffee event at the Collection hall, A ton of cars and they have set aside an area to highlight many classic bikes that ride in.  The hall is also open weekdays during business hours at the campus.  You should swing by, 1919 Torrance blvd. Less crowded and you can see everything than walking by with the herd during an event. I also went to the El Camino swap meet at the college, I believe it's in September, another good one to go to.  I live in Portland and Pdedse and I have gotten together for a few rides, he lives close by.  I ride 2 other bikes that are shown at the collection hall, '67 305 scrambler and a '74 CB750. both stock and original and a 2013 CB1100 I bought in Scottsdale, az. and rode it home to Portland, a fun trip.  The next time I'm down your way I'll let you know. 


Yesterday, rode the CB1100 down to Mom's to have lunch. While I was there, I asked what she needed help with. No house repairs or computer fixes, but Hazel, her cat, needed her claws trimmed. 

I trim our boy's claws regularly. I have a system. Grab Sterling or Cyril when they're not expecting it, lay the captured beast on his back, clip one side, spin him around and clip the other side. Before they know what happened, put some treats out, let them gobble them up, and all is good. Hazel is a small, grey, furry chainsaw. Mom was a kitten foster mom for many years, and helped hundreds of wayward felines find happy homes. Hazel was the last, and had a pretty hard life. Mom was retiring from fostering, and kept Hazel. She loves Mom, but everyone else is a threat. 

I came away with a lot of damage. My swollen, bandaged fingers could hardly go back into my gloves when I left. But, the job got done. And, I swapped bikes, leaving the CB in Mom's garage and bringing the Bonneville home after a month-long nap. The CB can sleep for a while.

 
Back
Top