What did you do on or to your CB 1100 today

pdedse said:
I love cemeteries! To walk among the once living is a good reminder that we have the same destiny, with a finite number of riding days.

I ride past Forest Lawn in L.A. almost daily for work these days. I'll have to stop and take a picture for you. Or, next time you're in town you can check out Hollywood Forever, and check out the grave sites of some notable celebrities.
 
Rolled my CB1100 into pole position in the garage, so I can give her a final detail before the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride.
It's kicking off near the beach in Santa Monica, which is much further than what I'm used to with the Orange County ride. So, lots more coordination so Mrs. G can come cheer me on, and so I don't have to wear my dapper and "less than atgatt" look the whole way there. Going to camp out Saturday night at our cousin's in Hollywood, dapper-up Sunday morning and make the shorter ride from there.
 
Went for a welcome ride to catch up with a mate and run some errands. Injury, other commitments and rain have kept me off the bike for too long!
 
Thread starter
The boss is back on the road. The world is now as it should be. :biker:

Delighted to learn you are feeling better. Find an adventure and do try to share a picture or two for this month’s photo challenge. Be safe. David
 
Both man and machine are waxed, polished, and ready for the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride.
Thank you very much to everyone who is supporting me this year to help fight prostate cancer and raise awareness and funds for mens health.
Your donations are appreciated more than I can say, and I'm proud to represent the CB1100 contingent on the ride.

In all my years of riding the Orange County DGR, I've seen one other CB1100. The L.A. ride is much larger. Let's see how many others show up for this one!
 

Attachments

  • DGR261.webp
    DGR261.webp
    107.9 KB · Views: 105
  • DGR263.webp
    DGR263.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 105
[attachment=1438][attachment=1439]

Spent the (sweltering) weekend in Somerset. Rode out from London.

My first longer ride, on a bike that isn't a 125. 120 miles each way of A roads, B roads, and single track lanes.

A baptism of fire for sure - ups and downs. I love this bike though.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7718.webp
    IMG_7718.webp
    2 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_7721.webp
    IMG_7721.webp
    956.5 KB · Views: 218
Very nice...but some of that video took me back to the opening scene of Lawrence of Arabia! : (
 
pdedse said:
Very nice...but some of that video took me back to the opening scene of Lawrence of Arabia! : (

That's funny because part of my route was through Chertsey, which is where that scene was filmed.

I didn't have safety goggles on though..
 
pdedse said:
Very nice...but some of that video took me back to the opening scene of Lawrence of Arabia! : (

According to relatives, T.E. Lawrence is in the family tree on my mother's side.
 
Tev62 said:
I took the CB1100 EX to DGR in Dublin Ireland earlier in the month. Weather was pretty poor and we had a very low attendence compared to previous years. My EX got covered in road crud, still havn't found time to clean the old girl up!


Good on you for still riding, Tev! Thinking back, I can't remember having bad weather here for the DGR. I am very thankful that they moved it from September to May. A little warm to wear tweed when it's still in the 90s around here.
And, you remind me that I need to get off my duff and edit my DGR videos. I have expressed my interest to get involved with the L.A. ride crew for next year. Sounds like fun!
 
Broke mine out of the storage bin that it has been sleeping in for the past (nearly) three years.  I've been spending a majority of my time in Florida, and the CB never made the trip.  Lack of garage space meant that the only bike I've been riding in Maryland is my R1200GS (soulless but I can't help but love it).

Removed the dust cover, replaced the battery and it fired up immediately.  Filled the tires, got it home and changed the oil.  The BMW now gets to sit on storage for a while.

obymxuQ.jpeg


Tf9MT5M.jpeg
 
tommymck said:
Broke mine out of the storage bin that it has been sleeping in for the past (nearly) three years. 

Gorgeous bike.  I'm in southern MD (St. Mary's County).  If you're nearby and want to meet up and ride someday, let me know.  Congrats on getting the bike out of storage.
 
Back
Top