What did you do on or to your CB 1100 today

17-CB-002 said:
Switched the Snowblower position with the CB today from the back to the front of the garage and it started on the first crank after over 7 months of hibernation. Now that's a HONDA.  :biker: :biker: :biker:
Sounds like an annual ceremonial process.
 
is 7 months of hibernation normal?
 
Uncovered mine for the first time in a while. She’s been in Mom’s garage while I play the motorcycle shell game. Brought the Bonneville home for a while. Mom just had a hip replacement so I’m down here for a few days helping her get back on her feet, so to speak. I’ll leave the Bonnie here and take the CB1100 home.

Means I’ve missed the April photo challenge. I was hoping to sneak in a ride yesterday. At least I’ll have the CB home to take her on the DGR.
 
Thanks, Pdedse. She’s moving pretty well for 86. Yesterday was pretty hectic but looks like I can ride home for the night tonight without too much worry. She’s got a good network of friends who can keep an eye on her for a day.
 
Best wishes to your mum, Gone. Hope the rehab goes well.
 
Bless the pillion fairies (or pixies or angels or whatever they are), somehow everything is falling into place with the turn-signal-relocation portion of my custom side racks project.

Just remove this part...
[attachment=1333]
... and you can use the OEM license plate bracket...
[attachment=1334]
... to relocate them in place of the reflectors. 

One existing hole accepts the turn signal mounting bolt, the other hole allows the wires to pass through, and the rear edge of the bracket (red arrow) interlocks with the peg on the base of the turn signal to keep the turn signal from rotating out of its proper rearward orientation.

[attachment=1336]

[attachment=1337]

One thing I'm proud of is that nothing I've done permanently alters the bike: everything can go back to stock configuration with screwdrivers, wrenches, and a bit of elbow grease.

(I need to remember this "WOW, it's all just fair weather sailing!" part of the project as no doubt one or two as-yet-unseen submerged reefs lie waiting ahead on my journey to servicable side cases.)
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260429-084315.webp
    Screenshot_20260429-084315.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20260429-084228.webp
    Screenshot_20260429-084228.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 62
  • KIMG20260501_162402088.webp
    KIMG20260501_162402088.webp
    521.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20260501-172734.webp
    Screenshot_20260501-172734.webp
    156.8 KB · Views: 62
Thread starter
[quote="Gone in 60" pid='274042' dateline='1777646037']
Mom just had a hip replacement.
[/QUOTE]

Wishing your Mom a speedy recovery. All the best to you and Mrs. G, too.
 
133 mile loop on my CB... and a 1 km from home a Punjabi driver almost hit me by crossing 3 lineas at a 45* before an intersection...than passed the intersection and  turn left 600 m later. 
NO brain!!!
 
Today I received and installed 2017 chrome meter covers on my 2014 Deluxe--thanks to you all who pointed me in the right direction! :thumbsup:

I'd also ordered the 2017 mounting screws, but-- like more and more CB1100 OEM parts--the "in stock in 1-2 days“’ turned into "indefinite backorder" which really meant "we'll hold onto your cash indefinitely until you cancel, because in truth these are NLA."

So today I improvised and "home-chromed" my old 2014 bolts:
[attachment=1346][attachment=1347]
 

Attachments

  • KIMG20260504_180653944.webp
    KIMG20260504_180653944.webp
    366.8 KB · Views: 128
  • KIMG20260504_180749840.webp
    KIMG20260504_180749840.webp
    967.5 KB · Views: 129
Today, I found where that missing spacer got to....

Tried to roll the CB out of the garage to test all the 2-up touring mods.

But it would only roll so far.  Like a horse spooking at the exit to the stable, my CB refused to exit the garage.  So, I had a look round, nothing, tried again. Spooked at the door.

It rolled fine forward and back up to the door then refused to go further.

Another look round, nothing.

By now I'm sweaty and uncomfortable, so--ride cancelled--all the gear comes off, roll up my sleeves, clear a whole bunch of stuff behind the bike and start rolling backward.  

Ah!  It only wants to go so far back too!

Grabbed my shop roller, powered up my headband spotlight, got  lowdown and personal,  rolling the bike a couple inches, look everywhere, a couple more inches, look, couple inches, look....

So that's where that got to:

[attachment=1360]

[attachment=1361]

[attachment=1362]

I'm just so glad I don't just jump on the bike and barrel out of the garage under power instead rolling it out and starting it up out on the driveway.  :worship:
 

Attachments

  • KIMG20260506_160830458.webp
    KIMG20260506_160830458.webp
    488 KB · Views: 109
  • KIMG20260506_160759243.webp
    KIMG20260506_160759243.webp
    539.1 KB · Views: 109
  • KIMG20260506_160948848.webp
    KIMG20260506_160948848.webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 108
Wow, that’s one in a million. Good thing you found it. Had something similar happen to a bicycle I was restoring. While polishing up a wheel, I popped off the wheel reflector. The retaining clip shot across the garage. Looked for a minute but didn’t see it and went back to polishing.

A week after I finished the bike, I got a flat tire. Taking the tire and tube off, I saw that the clip had landed inside the tire that was hanging from the garage wall. I didn’t see it, so it was between the tire and tube and quickly wore a hole through the tube.
 
Good news! 

After posting the above, I took a deep breath, re-suited up and took an hour ride.

This bike is amazing. I'm still just learning it, but loving the power delivery and it's cornering grace.

A very smooth end to a slightly bumpy day, I'm smiling....
 
Thread starter
LucienLeFranc said:
After posting the above, I took a deep breath, re-suited up and took an hour ride.

A proper response. Well done on all fronts! David
 
Thread starter
[quote="LucienLeFranc" pid='274105' dateline='1777958917']
So today I improvised and "home-chromed" my old 2014 bolts:
[/QUOTE]

Fantastic result. A+ for creativity and inventiveness, too! David
 
Spent all last Saturday exploring back roads and taking random country roads that I came across. Stumbled across a remote graveyard which has plots at least 350 years old. It is home to the grave of a notable member of the 1798 Rebellion (against the English) Sam MacAllister (often spelled as McAllister). It has a "St Brigids Well", these are dotted all over Ireland and this one you can drink the water off it as it runs out into small stream. There is also an old stone step with supporting rocks called "The Gates of Heaven". Local tradition holds that carrying a coffin between these two standing stones ensures the deceased goes straight to heaven. They are believed to be the remaining orthostats of a prehistoric tomb, but no one really knows for sure.

[attachment=1378]

[attachment=1379]

[attachment=1380]
 

Attachments

  • Slide1.webp
    Slide1.webp
    229.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Slide2.webp
    Slide2.webp
    335.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Slide3.webp
    Slide3.webp
    375.5 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top