Well, there 'ya have it! How's the Thruxton been treating you?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
“The 2017 has every advantage of the DLX with none of the disadvantages.”misterprofessionality said:What did I do ? Well I collected it from nice man on a truck! I am now officially the third owner of a 2017 CB1100 with about 6400 miles on it. CLEAN too! Its such a breath of fresh air to have a new one of these back in my life. The 2017 has every advantage of the DLX with none of the disadvantages.![]()
And as an aside, I didn't realize it til I parked the next to each other, but I am now the very proud owner of the two BEST retro motorcycles ever made. The final year of the Triumph Thruxton RS and the final year (in USA) of the Honda CB1100. These two final incarnations represent a peak in an industry we will never see again. There will always be retro motorcycles on the market but they will never be this good again.
pdedse said:Well, there 'ya have it! How's the Thruxton been treating you?
misterprofessionality said:Basically the big fat gas tank and the weaker front end. There's not a lot to complain about on a DLX, but the '17 fixes all of it.
pdedse said:Well, there 'ya have it! How's the Thruxton been treating you?
Like a champ! I just took it to Georgia for the final riding trip this year. It will come out on some weekends all winter long but I won't be back in the mountains with it til April.
Mtneers said:misterprofessionality said:Basically the big fat gas tank and the weaker front end. There's not a lot to complain about on a DLX, but the '17 fixes all of it.
pdedse said:Well, there 'ya have it! How's the Thruxton been treating you?
Like a champ! I just took it to Georgia for the final riding trip this year. It will come out on some weekends all winter long but I won't be back in the mountains with it til April.
My DLX has the ‘17 front end. As far as the tank is concerned, the ‘14 has a more vintage look in my opinion. Not near as wide in the front as a ‘17 tank.
peterbaron said:Mtneers said:misterprofessionality said:Basically the big fat gas tank and the weaker front end. There's not a lot to complain about on a DLX, but the '17 fixes all of it.
pdedse said:Well, there 'ya have it! How's the Thruxton been treating you?
Like a champ! I just took it to Georgia for the final riding trip this year. It will come out on some weekends all winter long but I won't be back in the mountains with it til April.
My DLX has the ‘17 front end. As far as the tank is concerned, the ‘14 has a more vintage look in my opinion. Not near as wide in the front as a ‘17 tank.
@ Mr.P, Need some more info about the weaker front end
@ Mtneers, as far as I remember you bought your DLX from John, who replaced his dlx's front forks with the EX model, correct?
The A-man said:Congrats Mr.P, glad to see the new bike arrived and that you're happy with the purchase. Now you need to bring it up my way and try out those forks on some twisties!