What did you do on or to your CB 1100 today

rdprdp01

Administrator
Thread starter
Today I received these rear exhaust sliders for my DLX..
FkYZNxh.jpg



"Drop a gear and disappear"®
'14 CB1100 DLX, s/n 170, 27K kms (FOX® - pleasure horse) 
'14 CB1100/ABS, 133K kms (MYSHOL® - white draft horse) 
'13 CB1100/c-ABS - 56K kms - sold
*Grand Chancellor*
 
Thread starter
I was considering purchasing these sliders for my 2017CB1100 EX. How does the paint match the tank? Are the materials on par with the rest of the motorcycle? Can you recommend them? Thanks, David
 
2017 CB said:
Just installed my Frame Slider yesterday.

Material quality is 10/10
Bolts supplied is too long 0/10
Body length is short by 1 inch 5/10
Weight a bit on the heavy side 5/10
Colour match is 10/10
Overall look is 10/10
Recommendation to purchase 9/10

Have to make a bushing to replace the washers.


Temporarily had to install 2 washers in order to have proper protection of 3/4 inch clearance at the muffler section.

[attachment=4]
[attachment=5]

Original specs
[attachment=6]
 
Thread starter
2017 CB said:
2017 CB said:
Just installed my Frame Slider yesterday.

Material quality is 10/10
Bolts supplied is too long 0/10
Body length is short by 1 inch 5/10
Weight a bit on the heavy side 5/10
Colour match is 10/10
Overall look is 10/10
Recommendation to purchase 9/10

Have to make a bushing to replace the washers.


Temporarily had to install 2 washers in order to have proper protection of 3/4 inch clearance at the muffler section.




Original specs

Copy and many thanks. You did a great job in offsetting some manufacturing and quality control defects. They look great on your motorcycle. David
 
rdprdp01, are you able to say why these pictures are showing as thumbnails unli,e those linked from photo hosting site?
 
Thread starter
2017 CB, please advise what technique you used to post the images in this thread. Thank you.
 
Images look great now.
 
rdprdp01 said:
2017 CB, please advise what technique you used to post the images in this thread. Thank you.

Nothing special, just the regular "Click or Drop some files here to upload..." however, I noticed that there's no limit to attached file size.
 
To celebrate forum birthday, I clocked 160 miles today  :D
Also, the buyer who wants to buy my white CB came back today with his son to take another look at it... and probably Good Friday will be the final farewell to my white :-/
 
Thread starter
2017 CB said:
rdprdp01 said:
2017 CB, please advise what technique you used to post the images in this thread. Thank you.

Nothing special, just the regular "Click or Drop some files here to upload..." however, I noticed that there's no limit to attached file size.

I did not want to discourage anyone from posting anything, big or small. Will revisit if it becomes an issue
 
Since everything seems to have moved here, (BTW absolutely loving the new forum, thanks for all the hard work  :heart: )
I had a front noise on my CB at 60mph, only 60. Tried some things to determine if it was a mechanical noise or just wind noise. Nothing successfully pinpointing it to one thing. 
So I bought new wheel bearings and dust seals and installed them yesterday, was a pretty painless install. Old wheel bearings seemed fine, and the noise seems to have gotten better but its still there. At this point im thinking its tire noise. But feel much more confident riding the bike more since I was worried I'd have a bearing failure. So for $50 and one hour of work for piece of mind I would say is successful. Still going to keep trying to find what this noise is lol. Maybe I should just wear my old louder helmet so I cant hear it anyways  ;)
 
rdprdp01 said:
2017 CB said:
rdprdp01 said:
2017 CB, please advise what technique you used to post the images in this thread. Thank you.

Nothing special, just the regular "Click or Drop some files here to upload..." however, I noticed that there's no limit to attached file size.

I did not want to discourage anyone from posting anything, big or small. Will revisit if it becomes an issue

Please check this thread I just posted. All of the images are linked from Imgur and are scaling WAY too large on my computer.
EDIT: I just checked and they scale correctly on my phone through my browser. I don't use Taptalk.

The CB1100 Community Forum

Thanks, Randy.
 
Thread starter
Randy B said:
rdprdp01 said:
2017 CB said:
rdprdp01 said:
2017 CB, please advise what technique you used to post the images in this thread. Thank you.

Nothing special, just the regular "Click or Drop some files here to upload..." however, I noticed that there's no limit to attached file size.

I did not want to discourage anyone from posting anything, big or small. Will revisit if it becomes an issue

Please check this thread I just posted. All of the images are linked from Imgur and are scaling WAY too large on my computer.
EDIT: I just checked and they scale correctly on my phone through my browser. I don't use Taptalk.

The CB1100 Community Forum

Thanks, Randy.

Copy and thanks for letting me know. Stand by. Will ask you to test again after I tweak the cause of the problem. Now, on to finding the cause. :)

David


Please clear the cache of the browser on the computer you are using to access the site and refresh the page. The page should scale properly now. If it does not, please let me know. David
 
peterbaron said:
...
Also, the buyer who wants to buy my white CB came back today with his son to take another look at it... and probably Good Friday will be the final farewell to my white :-/

SOLD to different buyer within 30 mim, ca$h.
No rd test
GONE
 
Thread starter
peterbaron said:
peterbaron said:
...
Also, the buyer who wants to buy my white CB came back today with his son to take another look at it... and probably Good Friday will be the final farewell to my white :-/

SOLD to different buyer within 30 mim, ca$h.
No rd test
GONE

Congratulations. I am not surprised. You do a great job of maintaining your motorcycles and inspire confidence.

David
 
I just ordered some new auxiliary lights for my CB. It was from AliExpress, so fingers crossed that they show up!
 
Today I installed a radiator protector from R&G (I see I have some zip ties to clip), installed new shocks from Ikon, and changed the oil to get ready for the season!  Excited to see how the new shocks perform.  [attachment=45][attachment=46]
 

Attachments

  • image000002.webp
    image000002.webp
    294.8 KB · Views: 69
  • image000001.webp
    image000001.webp
    203.7 KB · Views: 71
Am I the only one who left it completely stock? I hated the chrome mirrors but I got used to them. I doubt I will change anything
 
Back
Top