What cruise control are you using for your CB1100?

Lord Popgun_imp said:
Razor_imp said:
Thought I'd throw this in just in case someone might want another option.
How about a true cruise control?
Back in 2006 I installed an Audiovox #CCS-100 on a ST1300. The trickiest part was concealing the control module (vacuum operated).

Fast forward... Rostra makes a universal kit. Not sure where you'd place the control module (electronic), but might make for an interesting project.

Cruise Control
And they work great from what I read. But they are car or modified car CCs and that worried me some. I think there is only one dedicated motorcycle cruise control. Made in Australia and is expensive. Motorcycle Cruise Control - Electronic Cruise Control Systems

Of course, our bike is not listed.
And they work great from what I read. But they are car or modified car CCs and that worried me some. I think there is only one dedicated motorcycle cruise control. Made in Australia and is expensive. Motorcycle Cruise Control - Electronic Cruise Control Systems

Of course, our bike is not listed.
Folks on the Concours14 forum (since that's the last sport-touring bike still made that doesn't have cruise, stock) have been installing the Rostra on their bikes and seem to like it.
 
Az, the guys on the ST forums like it too.

I wasn't denigrating it, just making a comment.

I believe the Rosta is actually a rebadged Audiovox, but don't take that as gospel.
 
Allow me to revive this thread, with a more specific question. I had long trip on interstates, and after a few hours my right hand really got unhappy. Just a throttle lock ... I think will not do it, I need steady velocity.

Has anybody gathered experience with a true, electronic controler ? what model? installation? etc
Thanks
 
I should have added this ...
a) the “plastic tongue” works well at higher speed, but gets in your way when you stop at a traffic light (it can become outright dangerous if you leave in the same position),
b) my EX does not show up on the Vista fitting page,
c) Rostra is really for cars
d) which leaves me with Go cruise ... which I don’t like for tge same reason as a)

So I was hoping that something has come up since these posts in 2015.
 
The Gecko_imp said:
I should have added this ...
a) the “plastic tongue” works well at higher speed, but gets in your way when you stop at a traffic light (it can become outright dangerous if you leave in the same position),
b) my EX does not show up on the Vista fitting page,
c) Rostra is really for cars
d) which leaves me with Go cruise ... which I don’t like for tge same reason as a)

So I was hoping that something has come up since these posts in 2015.
If Kaoko does not turn your crank, then don't waste much more thought on a "Go Cruise" like device. Hold out for the real cruise control device. You might need to dole out in excess of $700 for a reliable design. Not sure if MC Cruise makes a kit for the CB1100.
 
Is there any experience with a Kenimoto device
( Amazon.com ), or similar ?



GoldOxide_imp said:
The Gecko_imp said:
I should have added this ...
a) the “plastic tongue” works well at higher speed, but gets in your way when you stop at a traffic light (it can become outright dangerous if you leave in the same position),
b) my EX does not show up on the Vista fitting page,
c) Rostra is really for cars
d) which leaves me with Go cruise ... which I don’t like for tge same reason as a)

So I was hoping that something has come up since these posts in 2015.
If Kaoko does not turn your crank, then don't waste much more thought on a "Go Cruise" like device. Hold out for the real cruise control device. You might need to dole out in excess of $700 for a reliable design. Not sure if MC Cruise makes a kit for the CB1100.
Do you have somethng in particular in mind for about 700 ?
 
MCCruise does not list the CB1100 on their site. I wish they did as the one I put on my ST1300 is AWESOME!
 
The Gecko_imp said:
Is there any experience with a Kenimoto device
( Amazon.com ), or similar ?



GoldOxide_imp said:
The Gecko_imp said:
I should have added this ...
a) the “plastic tongue” works well at higher speed, but gets in your way when you stop at a traffic light (it can become outright dangerous if you leave in the same position),
b) my EX does not show up on the Vista fitting page,
c) Rostra is really for cars
d) which leaves me with Go cruise ... which I don’t like for tge same reason as a)

So I was hoping that something has come up since these posts in 2015.
If Kaoko does not turn your crank, then don't waste much more thought on a "Go Cruise" like device. Hold out for the real cruise control device. You might need to dole out in excess of $700 for a reliable design. Not sure if MC Cruise makes a kit for the CB1100.
Do you have somethng in particular in mind for about 700 ?
Do you have somethng in particular in mind for about 700 ?
That is a throttle lock. It works, I have one like that (different brand) that I don’t use as I have a Brakeaway throttle lock on my CB. I think Ferret used to have one like you show in the link, but not that brand.
 
The Gecko_imp said:
Is there any experience with a Kenimoto device
( Amazon.com ), or similar ?



GoldOxide_imp said:
The Gecko_imp said:
I should have added this ...
a) the “plastic tongue” works well at higher speed, but gets in your way when you stop at a traffic light (it can become outright dangerous if you leave in the same position),
b) my EX does not show up on the Vista fitting page,
c) Rostra is really for cars
d) which leaves me with Go cruise ... which I don’t like for tge same reason as a)

So I was hoping that something has come up since these posts in 2015.
If Kaoko does not turn your crank, then don't waste much more thought on a "Go Cruise" like device. Hold out for the real cruise control device. You might need to dole out in excess of $700 for a reliable design. Not sure if MC Cruise makes a kit for the CB1100.
Do you have somethng in particular in mind for about 700 ?
If the "MC Cruise" existed for the CB1100, that is what I was thinking. It gets very good product reviews. Nevertheless, the point is moot now.
 
There is a guy on the z900rs forum (co.uk) who is developing a tiny unit capable of holding speed on a sensitive throttle, not with a fly-by-wire throttle control of a BMW, but for a throttle like ours. Trying to get in touch with him, and see whether it could work on or be adapted to a CB11 too ...
 
The Gecko_imp said:
There is a guy on the z900rs forum (co.uk) who is developing a tiny unit capable of holding speed on a sensitive throttle, not with a fly-by-wire throttle control of a BMW, but for a throttle like ours. Trying to get in touch with him, and see whether it could work on or be adapted to a CB11 too ...
Definitely ensure there is alotta mileage and riding condition testing of the prototype. I'd hate to read that somebody was launched into Kingdom Come without planning for it.
 
Interesting you see it that way, GO, I wouldn’t have any qualms doing all the test rides for him and with it ... as long as I understood the design, the failure modes, and kept the right thumb on the red button. It can do three things, decelerate (not planned by design), accelerate (dto.), and hold position. If the release failed ... thumb down and pull clutch, then check it out and improve it. It cannot take steering or brakes away ;)

Remember, we are x-plorers by design, not managers, not farmers, not couch-p, or retirees.
 
Back
Top