What cruise control are you using for your CB1100?

goldeneye_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey guys, I would like a cruise control similar to Throttle Meister, but I have been unable to find anything like it. Does one of the other Throttle Meister models work for the CB1100 or what cruise control mechanism are you guys using for you CB1100?
 
I have a BrakeAway. To paraphrase redbirds, not inexpensive, not simple, but it works great once set up. Not for bikes with heated grips.
 
More of a throttle assist, but it's the cheapest alternative to any cruise control device as it really helps dampen cramping. Used this on a mini road trip and couldn't imagine hitting the highways without one.
b364657809d0ddfa51a23b100e1da463.jpg


Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
 
specialist8_imp said:
More of a throttle assist, but it's the cheapest alternative to any cruise control device as it really helps dampen cramping. Used this on a mini road trip and couldn't imagine hitting the highways without one.
b364657809d0ddfa51a23b100e1da463.jpg


Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Can't see myself using a cruise control but that device looks interesting. Probably reasonably priced as well. I'm going to do a 2500km ride later this week so I will check in at my local bike accessory shop and see what they have.

Cheers
 
Ptero,

I can't believe you have never seen these! :) They are great. I have one on both my bikes even though I also have the BrakeAway. There are a number of different styles and sizes but all work pretty much the same. The ones like in that pic go for about $10 USD.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ptero,

I can't believe you have never seen these! :) They are great. I have one on both my bikes even though I also have the BrakeAway. There are a number of different styles and sizes but all work pretty much the same. The ones like in that pic go for about $10 USD.
Thanks mate, I'm on the hunt tomorrow.

Cheers
 
Redbird_imp said:
I have Sound Off Recreational Vista Cruise for Dual Throttle Cable. Works for me.
Are they making one that works for the CB1100 now, or did you have to modify yours? I have a Vista Cruise on my CB750, but the different position of the throttle cables on the CB11 meant it wouldn't work without modification. I ended up going with the Go-Cruise, which works fine but I really like the "one thumb" operation of the Vista Cruise.
 
Thought I'd throw this in just in case someone might want another option.
How about a true cruise control?
Back in 2006 I installed an Audiovox #CCS-100 on a ST1300. The trickiest part was concealing the control module (vacuum operated).

Fast forward... Rostra makes a universal kit. Not sure where you'd place the control module (electronic), but might make for an interesting project.

Cruise Control
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Their web site does list the CB1100 and shows this model MCUVOO UNIVERSAL VISTA - 7/8"
for both '13 and '14.

Sound Off Recreational, Inc. - Fit Charts select your bike on that page
That's the model I have on my '14. Slight modification needed but I have the KURY grips. Mine does not hold the speed all that great but it holds long enough for me to shake my hand due to the numbness I get from carpel tunnel.
 
Razor_imp said:
Thought I'd throw this in just in case someone might want another option.
How about a true cruise control?
Back in 2006 I installed an Audiovox #CCS-100 on a ST1300. The trickiest part was concealing the control module (vacuum operated).

Fast forward... Rostra makes a universal kit. Not sure where you'd place the control module (electronic), but might make for an interesting project.

Cruise Control
And they work great from what I read. But they are car or modified car CCs and that worried me some. I think there is only one dedicated motorcycle cruise control. Made in Australia and is expensive. Motorcycle Cruise Control - Electronic Cruise Control Systems

Of course, our bike is not listed.
 
White Dog_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Their web site does list the CB1100 and shows this model MCUVOO UNIVERSAL VISTA - 7/8"
for both '13 and '14.

Sound Off Recreational, Inc. - Fit Charts select your bike on that page
That's the model I have on my '14. Slight modification needed but I have the KURY grips. Mine does not hold the speed all that great but it holds long enough for me to shake my hand due to the numbness I get from carpel tunnel.
That's the model I have on my '14. Slight modification needed but I have the KURY grips. Mine does not hold the speed all that great but it holds long enough for me to shake my hand due to the numbness I get from carpel tunnel.
OK, that's the same model I have on the CB750. I tried it on the CB11, but since the throttle cables come out of the forward part of the pod instead of the bottom (like the CB750), I found the thumb switch ended up much too low to easily reach with my thumb.
 
goldeneye_imp said:
Hey guys, I would like a cruise control similar to Throttle Meister, but I have been unable to find anything like it. Does one of the other Throttle Meister models work for the CB1100 or what cruise control mechanism are you guys using for you CB1100?
I have this

http://www.ebay.it/itm/HIGH-QUALITY...rottle-Lock-/400508623279?hash=item5d402c99af
I have this

http://www.ebay.it/itm/HIGH-QUALITY...rottle-Lock-/400508623279?hash=item5d402c99af
Use this model is robust aluminum alloy, can be mounted on all bikes, it is important that the throttle does not slip ..... otherwise the speed goes down ...... just lift the throttle and put glue ..... there are other models on ebay but this beats them all ..... nothing .... electrical things or plastic has a high cost but it is worth it ...... finished tingling in the hand .... sorry my translation ..
 
specialist8_imp said:
More of a throttle assist, but it's the cheapest alternative to any cruise control device as it really helps dampen cramping. Used this on a mini road trip and couldn't imagine hitting the highways without one.
b364657809d0ddfa51a23b100e1da463.jpg


Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
I have the same throttle assist. Great little device and does help with tired hands. Only about $11.00 most bike stores stock something similar. Fits in seconds using a rubber band round the standard grip or Grip Puppies then the plastic piece goes round it and will tighten onto the grip with normal throttle action. You can rotate it clockwise out of the way if not wishing to use it.
 
I just got my Go Cruise in the mail today. Used it as I went to go get some gas. It will definitely be an asset on those long trips on the highway. Not bad for the price. Just 29.51, on Amazon. Sold by Powersports911.
 
Back
Top