What bike is this

pdedse

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Copied from an online article about LAPD patrolling the burn areas in Los Angeles. Can anyone ID the bike?
55544145fe829a97b6eb57e6bb117794.jpg
 
I can easily ID the building. It was the site of our favorite restaurant in the Palisades, Cafe Vida. Just across the street was a market where I grabbed a sandwich on days when I'd play hooky and ride through there on the way to hit the canyon roads in Malibu, or after a hike in Temescal Canyon.

All of the news coverage and YouTube videos have shown some interesting vehicles in use in the area, like police dirt bikes and quads, city services using Electric Silverado trucks. Haven't seen one in use, but our city has taken delivery of some Zero electric motorcycles for patrolling in areas where they want to be particularly stealthy.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
I can easily ID the building. It was the site of our favorite restaurant in the Palisades, Cafe Vida. Just across the street was a market where I grabbed a sandwich on days when I'd play hooky and ride through there on the way to hit the canyon roads in Malibu, or after a hike in Temescal Canyon.

All of the news coverage and YouTube videos have shown some interesting vehicles in use in the area, like police dirt bikes and quads, city services using Electric Silverado trucks. Haven't seen one in use, but our city has taken delivery of some Zero electric motorcycles for patrolling in areas where they want to be particularly stealthy.
Wow! That's gotta be a bit sobering to see a place you're so familiar with torched.
 
Sobering indeed. But although these were places I frequented, I certainly didn’t suffer the loss of those who lived and worked here.
 
Lots of LAPD jurisdiction is in mountainous or beach areas, no surprise. They also have a lot of 4WD trucks.
 
Back
Top