What are the "must haves" for a lot of riding?

I don't like the magnetic, as they tend to lead to a scratched tank somehow.

I ride a Held tank bag, which uses a belt around the headset and a velcro at the rear to be attached to the tank.

4f497a79debcf773a420b7cdd9ff8767.jpg


When not using the tank bag, the pile site of the velcro is stowed invisible under the seat.

b78f39bf16cf75c349edd997df9e2e5e.jpg


It is folded under the seat.

b7587ebdddc9b3e1033d6a00d587b430.jpg


When I want to ride my tank bag, I can unfold the pile site

609961545c3301a4bb0ffe5f1253064a.jpg


Then, mounting and unmounting the tank bag, e.g. for fueling, is as easy as with a magnetic.

51caaa39ca87800a67fdd35a016a0200.jpg


By the way, at the first picture you see the tank bag in its smallest size. It can be enlarged very easily to nearly double height. It's compressed by a simple zipper which curls around the top.
 
MrTim. I've an iPhone5 which is carefully concealed inside a LifeProof case. I mention this because it's how I consult maps. The beauty of this arrangement is that LifeProof produces a handlebar mount as an accessory. You simply snap the phone case in and lock it and you're away. I have a 12V outlet on the other side of the bars so I can charge as I go along, particularly when I'm using GPS.

While I'm at it. I'm going to give LifeProof a plug. I bought my case a couple of years ago and it hasn't had the easiest of lives. The little rubber cover over the mute switch recently broke. I wrote to them asking if there was a replacement part. They asked for a photo then sent me a new case. Free. Great service

Even though the original was well out of warranty and I'd not asked for it. When it's on the bars and the cover for the charger is snapped shut it's pretty much bulletproof.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
MrTim. I've an iPhone5 which is carefully concealed inside a LifeProof case. I mention this because it's how I consult maps. The beauty of this arrangement is that LifeProof produces a handlebar mount as an accessory. You simply snap the phone case in and lock it and you're away. I have a 12V outlet on the other side of the bars so I can charge as I go along, particularly when I'm using GPS.

While I'm at it. I'm going to give LifeProof a plug. I bought my case a couple of years ago and it hasn't had the easiest of lives. The little rubber cover over the mute switch recently broke. I wrote to them asking if there was a replacement part. They asked for a photo then sent me a new case. Free. Great service

Even though the original was well out of warranty and I'd not asked for it. When it's on the bars and the cover for the charger is snapped shut it's pretty much bulletproof.
One of the most useful and excellent posts I've seen in a looong time. Thank you, thank you Cormanus!
MrTim_imp said:

Nominated for greatest signature of all time! :rofl:

And, thanks for enlightening the world about the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Hutt_River]Principality of Hutt River!
 
Back
Top