Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yeah. I see this a lot too and it makes me cringe. One cool feature I remember from the older BMW M cars was the redline on the tach would start out low and increase to normal as the car warmed up. I get it was probably needed in those engines due to their design, but this would be a cool reminder feature to put on more everyday cars.jeffskar_imp said:I have one very firm belief on something that takes a huge toll on many, many vehicles/motorcycles.
Getting on it, and revving it out is just fine, but wait until the motor is up to operating temperature before doing it. I see people getting off work, and simply giving whatever vehicle they're in 100% wot as soon as they hit the highway that is less than a 100 yards from the parking lot.
I run stuff hard, and frequent the drag-strip at least a dozen times a year, and will not go wot until whatever I'm driving is "up to operating temp". I realize that is sort of vague on an air cooled motorcycle that has no temp guage, but giver her 5 minutes or maybe 2-3 miles before laying into her. I'm 40 years old, and have been hot-rodding everything I've owned with a motor since I was 5, and have never had an engine failure, and this pet peave, among clean/fresh fluids and a good tune-up are what I believe gives me outrageously great results of dependability.
That's a top tip Dave and I might add using the high pressure air to dry and clean the chain after using chain cleaner, then apply your favorite chain lube.Dave_imp said:I always use a high-pressure air hose to blow out the brake dust from the brake calipers and off the brake rotors. While I'm at it I give the whole bike a quick going-over with the air hose; simple, quick, and effective.
In my opinion this is pretty too short, to warm the CB engine really upjeffskar_imp said:I have one very firm belief on something that takes a huge toll on many, many vehicles/motorcycles.
Getting on it, and revving it out is just fine, but wait until the motor is up to operating temperature before doing it. I see people getting off work, and simply giving whatever vehicle they're in 100% wot as soon as they hit the highway that is less than a 100 yards from the parking lot.
I run stuff hard, and frequent the drag-strip at least a dozen times a year, and will not go wot until whatever I'm driving is "up to operating temp". I realize that is sort of vague on an air cooled motorcycle that has no temp guage, but giver her 5 minutes or maybe 2-3 miles before laying into her. I'm 40 years old, and have been hot-rodding everything I've owned with a motor since I was 5, and have never had an engine failure, and this pet peave, among clean/fresh fluids and a good tune-up are what I believe gives me outrageously great results of dependability.
In my opinion this is pretty too short, to warm the CB engine really upWisedrum_imp said:In my opinion this is pretty too short, to warm the CB engine really upjeffskar_imp said:I have one very firm belief on something that takes a huge toll on many, many vehicles/motorcycles.
Getting on it, and revving it out is just fine, but wait until the motor is up to operating temperature before doing it. I see people getting off work, and simply giving whatever vehicle they're in 100% wot as soon as they hit the highway that is less than a 100 yards from the parking lot.
I run stuff hard, and frequent the drag-strip at least a dozen times a year, and will not go wot until whatever I'm driving is "up to operating temp". I realize that is sort of vague on an air cooled motorcycle that has no temp guage, but giver her 5 minutes or maybe 2-3 miles before laying into her. I'm 40 years old, and have been hot-rodding everything I've owned with a motor since I was 5, and have never had an engine failure, and this pet peave, among clean/fresh fluids and a good tune-up are what I believe gives me outrageously great results of dependability.
for giving it full throttle. After 5 minutes it only remembers, that it should work now,
but somehow is still half asleep.
Wisedrum
Dave_imp said:That's a top tip Dave and I might add using the high pressure air to dry and clean the chain after using chain cleaner, then apply your favorite chain lube.