Western Norway - assorted pics from a four day ride

Hovmod_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Long time noe see.

Western Norway:

ab5db765bfa5a17bc4f1b6d4d7b839be.jpg


44452d3bef36bd65a26254ec45dcb2d7.jpg


08099e162957cff170852a3fe1887117.jpg


6beec5139499de047c9f782db01e58aa.jpg


7772c6aac5329f31f46bfd6d0e013e7e.jpg


bdbcc6616b21f0fe91c52b4867778906.jpg


0111f09d95c8eb89f80e8aed18dce4cd.jpg



Had a great time with a buddy on a NineT. Four days, haven't counted miles yet but probably at least 1500 km. Saw 43,000km at some point, too!
 
Beautiful. That road in the 4th pic from the top looks fun
 
Looks lovely, Hovmod.
 
Spectacular photos! The riding looks to be supberb. It's been 30+ years since I was last in Europe...If I ever get to cross the pond again, I'm putting Norway as a top destination.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Good, but where is your bike?? :)
You're so right, this is for pics of our bikes. Here's one from my phone:

356502c7b942d137bad516f2de96283e.jpg


And here it is with my riding buddy looking like he's pointing his camera in the wrong direction (he wasn't - we were completely surrounded by gnarly, twisted peaks) and his NineT:

0e660631ee92d8bc6a7b85c3a2929691.jpg

The ferret_imp said:
Beautiful. That road in the 4th pic from the top looks fun
It was! :D

Next time we'll go up, but since this wasn't planned, we were more than happy to go down this time. This grand vista just suddenly opened up around a bend - and it is MUCH steeper than it looks in the photo. Absolutely majestic. I will return from the other side.

This wasn't the only switchback this weekend either, we navigated dozens and dozens of hairpins. I still don't really know how to do those in a smooth, efficient way, though, so getting to try a hundred of them over four days gave me an opportunity to try out competing techniques (and panicky impulses), and I am better at it now. Is there a tried and tested way to get them right, or do we all sort of just cope? :D
 
Wow, what beautiful landscape! Nothing like that around here, that's for sure.
 
Back
Top