Well nuts

After reading the thread title i'm glad to hear its just your knee! Good luck man and just hope I don't get behind you and your wife in the tsa line.
 
Hey Mickey,

Look at the bright side!! This could have been a LOT WORSE!!!! It could have been MY knee!!

Good luck with your procedure. Enjoy the Percocets. It is great that such problems can be fixed these days. 80 years ago you would have to just live with the pain. Cheers.

Chip
 
Thread starter
Utah1_imp said:
After reading the thread title i'm glad to hear its just your knee! Good luck man and just hope I don't get behind you and your wife in the tsa line.

Oh lord, if that wasn't true it would be so funny.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. MRI showed very little arthritis, and still some space between the bones, so hopefully this fix will last me the rest of my days. Not running any more marathons ( but I do walk 2 miles a day) .... Actually I never did run marathons...that was just s figure of speech

Like one of my retired riding buddy says...getting old is not for the faint of heart
ChipBeck_imp said:
Hey Mickey,

Look at the bright side!! This could have been a LOT WORSE!!!! It could have been MY knee!!

Good luck with your procedure. Enjoy the Percocets. It is great that such problems can be fixed these days. 80 years ago you would have to just live with the pain. Cheers.

Chip
You know Chip I think things like that when I put on my bifocals in the morning... 500 years ago I'd just be an old guy walking around bumping into things
 
Since the CB demographic is old guys, we should start a sticky thread called "Let Me Tell You About My Surgery!"

I missed the entire riding season last year when I broke my hip on November. I can ride now, but its s cuss. Dr. says get a new hip, which will take me of the bike again, just in time for this year's season. (In FL the season is Fall thru Spring).

Oy, I'm so veclempt!
 
knees, wonderful things. my wife had both replaced,one at a time, longer pia. doing good now. thought and prayers to you. you'll be fine.
 
Keep in mind boy a miniscus repair is NOT a knee replacement. Today with the procedures available this is rather minor surgery. As long as it's done thru the scope (which I understand most of them are) couple weeks good as new. A knee replacement not so easy.

Regardless best wishes. It's always easy stuff when it's on the other guy.
 
Best wishes Ferret.






The ferret_imp said:
Guess my CB is going to be sitting idle for at least 4 weeks. Just found out I have a tear in the " medial miniscus" (whatever that is, all I know is my right knee hurts lol). Surgery is scheduled for august 23rd and recovery is supposed to take 4 weeks...which will be 3 days before my next scheduled motorcycle trip to West Virginia with my son, his Fil and my brother.


Arrrgghhh. :@

All I will have to do for 4 weeks is sit around and moderate youse guys! ;)
 
Best wishes with it.

FWIW, I had ACL replacement surgery 3-4 years ago. Motorcycles were parked for over a year. Your down time will likely be waaaaaay less than mine was..

You'll be back on the horse before you know it !
 
Thread starter
Dang, not riding over a year? That would be tough to take. It's even hard to imagine.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Dang, not riding over a year? That would be tough to take. It's even hard to imagine.
I had just gotten my spiffy Honda Fury a few months before.. I consciously took it for a last spin knowing that that would be it for a while..

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder.."

:-)
 
Cool! I'm going under the knife in a couple weeks to fix a collar bone that refuses to heal (crashed the Griso a few months ago). Luckily for me, this is not prime riding season. Joy. Hope you heal up fast and this is just a small speed bump in life.
 
Thread starter
You too Rboe...where re you that its not prime riding season?
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Since the CB demographic is old guys, we should start a sticky thread called "Let Me Tell You About My Surgery!"

I missed the entire riding season last year when I broke my hip on November. I can ride now, but its s cuss. Dr. says get a new hip, which will take me of the bike again, just in time for this year's season. (In FL the season is Fall thru Spring).

Oy, I'm so veclempt!
I can say this, I was back on the bike after about 14 weeks!! Not long trips but I Was on the bike commuting again! They are concerned about throwing your leg over the bike. Had to learn and new way until I was back to 99.9%. (will never be back to 100% with a hunk of metal in you! in my opinion)
 
Sunny Phoenix Arizona. AKA Hell (in the summer). It's reason the natives have no fear of hell making converts rather difficult.

Do the PT, put in the time and you'll be fine. You'll hurt at first, but the payoff is worth it.
 
I think motorcycle riding is great physical therapy.

After shoulder surgery I took off my brace and took my test to get my license.

Best of luck to ya.
 
Bummer, Ferret. I know what it feels like since my bike was in the shop for about 6 weeks and I had to go out of town the day after it came back.
During all that time the only riding I got to do was an MSF course that I took in the meantime.. which was actually pretty fun and helpful, but not a substitute for the real thing!

Heal up quickly!
 
i once smashed my middle toe in my twenties....was looking like giving the finger with the feet... was out a good 2 months till the pain left... that was the day i learned to wear good shoes while riding.. be it pain or no pain ..not able to ride the bike is THE PAIN...!
well you have to take rest...you gotta take rest...or things can take longer..how small or big the case is..
 
Back
Top