Well nuts

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Guess my CB is going to be sitting idle for at least 4 weeks. Just found out I have a tear in the " medial miniscus" (whatever that is, all I know is my right knee hurts lol). Surgery is scheduled for august 23rd and recovery is supposed to take 4 weeks...which will be 3 days before my next scheduled motorcycle trip to West Virginia with my son, his Fil and my brother.


Arrrgghhh. :@

All I will have to do for 4 weeks is sit around and moderate youse guys! ;)
 
Good Luck with the surgery Mr. Ferret. Hopefully it's a small tear and they can take care of it via arthroscopic surgery. I had this surgery about 10 years back. They gave me the option to "numb" the lower portion of the body to allow me to see the surgery on screen while it was done. It's amazing how far medical technology has advanced.
 
Thread starter
MrFerley_imp said:
Good Luck with the surgery Mr. Ferret. Hopefully it's a small tear and they can take care of it via arthroscopic surgery. I had this surgery about 10 years back. They gave me the option to "numb" the lower portion of the body to allow me to see the surgery on screen while it was done. It's amazing how far medical technology has advanced.

Really? Im a wuss. Wake me up when it's done. Like that with colonoscopy's too. Nothing down there I want to see on a tv monitor.
 
Been there done that. I had the right knee repaired in January and the left one 4 weeks ago. I still can't ride comfortably with the left leg on the foot peg. I've learned to rest my shin on the foot peg which makes it a lot more tolerable.
Yea, recovery will take 4 weeks, but you will also have to deal with physical therapists.......you know, those people that you pay to inflict pain on you.
They will make you jump off the table and slap the crap out of them! :s
Everything will be fine in the long run though. We'll be thinking about you. :)
 
Thread starter
Dang both of them? Rough year.

My wife had both of her KNEES replaced at the SAME time. What a pia! Lol
 
OMG! Both knees replaced at the same time???????????
Tell Mrs. Ferret that if we ever meet I'll probably be trembling because that woman scares me! :D
I'm a wuss too, and just can't imagine what that must have been like!
Good Grief!!!!!!!
 
The ferret_imp said:
MrFerley_imp said:
Good Luck with the surgery Mr. Ferret. Hopefully it's a small tear and they can take care of it via arthroscopic surgery. I had this surgery about 10 years back. They gave me the option to "numb" the lower portion of the body to allow me to see the surgery on screen while it was done. It's amazing how far medical technology has advanced.

Really? Im a wuss. Wake me up when it's done. Like that with colonoscopy's too. Nothing down there I want to see on a tv monitor.

Really? Im a wuss. Wake me up when it's done. Like that with colonoscopy's too. Nothing down there I want to see on a tv monitor.
Same here. Last time I was in a doctors office we had a knock down drag out of me not wanting a shot in the rear end. I am terrified of needles and such. Hope you heal up soon.
 
I would be more than happy to keep your bike and "exercise" it while you are down. No problem... Maybe get you to your next service... Keep the gas from getting stale... Keep the tires from drying out...
 
Ferret,

Hope everything turns out well.

While you get well, you can polish up your bike, and make some more bows!
 
Thread starter
Tripod_imp said:
I would be more than happy to keep your bike and "exercise" it while you are down. No problem... Maybe get you to your next service... Keep the gas from getting stale... Keep the tires from drying out...
Oh good, a volunteer. I was going to ask my son, but now I don't have to.
 
I can say this, with a hip replacement under my belt, that once you are back to full health I am sure that you will be just comfortable on the CB!!! I have tried other bikes and for me personally this style of riding position is the only comfortable one for me...

Maybe they could market these things towards those with artificial joints and other leg issues.... hmmm
 
"Medial meniscus" is fancy talk for the inside part of the cartilage in your knee.
I work for Zimmer orthopaedic and we supply the hardware for joint replacements and it possible that bi-lateral knee replacement she had could be our stuff. :D
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
"Medial meniscus" is fancy talk for the inside part of the cartilage in your knee.
I work for Zimmer orthopaedic and we supply the hardware for joint replacements and it possible that bi-lateral knee replacement she had could be our stuff. :D
Ill be darned cause thats where it hurts inside side of my right knee.

My wife is a tough woman, high tolerance for pain. She said if she had only done 1 knee first she might have been discouraged from doing the other hence both at once. Shes having a hip done in November. Like I said tough girl. I'll have a bionic woman soon ;)
 
Back
Top