Weird weird start to Argentina GP *Spoiler*

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
It's on now!
 
Who cares? The Masters is on! :D
 
Thread starter
What's that? :rofl:

What a bizarre race.

Marquez 3 penalties, knocks Rossi down,

Crutchlow wins

Zarco knocks Pedrosa out of the race, and goes on to finish second

Rins on the Suzuki finishes 3 rd

Crazy stuff
 
That was a wild race for sure. Not sure the Zarco pass was that clean on Dani....what MM93 did was nearly crash a rider and then crash a rider. I can't believe they didn't black flag him.
I need to go back and watch when Rossi put him off track....he was buzzing Rossi and he just got tired of it. With MM93 today he just pushed him out of the way.
 
Thread starter
Marquez walked down to Rossi pit to apologize , but Rossi was having none of it, and Rossi's best friend interceded

Miller gets a head start at the beginning of the race, because he was the only one to show up on slicks after it was called a rain race and all the other riders went back to the pits? That one confused me.

Marquez was told to go to the pits on the starting line after stalling his bike but he bumps starts it and gets back in line, then gets a ride thru penalty while leading the race and re-enters in 19th place, and literally blows by, and thru people.. the reason for the other penalties.. (a lose 1 position penalty and a 30 second penalty for reckless riding) on his way to finishing 5th

Crazy I tell ya
 
Well I’m confused. Patrick Reed won. And he didn’t bump Fowler or Spieth or anybody else. :D :P
 
Thread starter
I thought I heard on the news the other night that Tiger was going to win. :huh:
 
Crazy race. I mean wow. The whole thing was beyond bizarre.

Overall, Marquez seemed out of line. Hope this is a learning moment for him. It was a tough track with very little room to pass due to the dry line but he did not need to do what he did.

A little more patience and he finishes something like 5th to 7th and picks up some points and controls the damage. Maybe something like 9 points out of the championship lead. Now he's something like 18 back. Not a big deal, he was further back than that this time last year - when he crashed in the lead.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I thought I heard on the news the other night that Tiger was going to win. :huh:
Yeah, they tried to hype him up, but realistically there was no way. He finished at +1. The winner -15.

I’m not saying he’ll never be back, just not yet.
 
Extraordinary race. Marquez rode a most extraordinary race, but was was right out of line.
 
Riders doing “naughty” things is as old as motorcycle racing.

The solution is quite simple.
Instead of 1st 2nd and 3rd they just need to give everyone a Participation Award.
We need to get rid of the inherent violence in competition. why cant we all be friends?
Instead of a podium we could have everyone hugging and kissing each other, its sets a far better example for the children.
We need to get rid of the bikes too, they are far too dangerous.
 
Back
Top