Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks for the instructions sheet and specs. Much appreciated!!Lord Popgun_imp said:8Kg
Here are the mounting instructions with the weight limit listed: https://www.access-honda.com/upload/files/08L70-MGC-AA0.pdf
edit: just noticed the model I show is a slightly different one than yours. I think the limit is the same though on all of them.
I thought the same, but I’m hoping being able to tie down some bag might encourage my wife to get on the back so she doesn’t feel she’ll slip off the seat onto the tail light !!EmptySea_imp said:I have the rack Lord Pop referenced. I'm quite sure I've ridden thousands of miles with much more than 18lbs on that rack without any incident - that limit seems crazy-low.
DAC_imp said:Wow - 18 lbs.? Seems kind of light. I've probably exceeded that, especially when I have the wife, all five kids and the family goat on board.
I think you’re right about the COG, to be fair I think I’ll just tie soft luggage on it if I go away. Lightweight tent, sleeping bag and mat. I used to get those on the handlebars of my mountain bike when I use to go bike packing. Thanks so much for the reply. Im in Lanzarote for a few days and the mountain roads here are some of the best I’ve seen. They hire bikes out the island too.The Gecko_imp said:Three lines of thought:
- rack can’t handle no more (unlikely)
- attachment screws can’t (possible)
- the rear moving CoG is the concern (most likely)
So ... leave the goat in the garden.
ThanksDAC_imp said:Wow - 18 lbs.? Seems kind of light. I've probably exceeded that, especially when I have the wife, all five kids and the family goat on board.
Definitely agree, thanks for the reply much appreciatedGoldOxide_imp said:Maybe more importantly is how that 8 kgs (or whatever mass you have packed) is stabilized and distributed.
If you have an unstabilized bowling ball rattling in there, then probably not so much fun for the rider.
Hmm, good point.pekingduck_imp said:The difference is, the goat would load itself up there.
:rofl:Charlie Bravo_imp said:Just strap it to the G.O.A.T.