Wearing an Overall

Oh, well, sounds like it will have a happy ending. You'll have a beautiful chrome rack on the CB1100.
 
WOW, what a story! The things we do for these bikes never ceases to amaze me.

And Django, way to help out! :thumbsup:
 
Yeah, there's some good blokes around this place.
 
Thread starter
Well, I wouldn't party, before the rack really arrived and was mounted without issues. ;)
 
That's right, don't go chewing your gum before you've removed the wrapper, lol.

(All joking aside, here's hoping that everyone ends up happy with their respective products.)
 
Hey if it never works out, the effort and friendship displayed is enough for me. I don't really need the rack, as a matter of fact my wife commented "you don't even like luggage racks on your bikes..and she's right, but I just loved the way it looked on Djangos bike. Wouldn't even consider the Honda rack or the Givi. It's either the Fehling or nada. I'm happy either way.
 
Ferret, where is the pic of the Fehling? I don't remember what it looks like.
 
322 km Roundtrip thru Alps

it basically looks like a grab rail with a small rack attached to the back, without the extra arms that a Givi has, and supposedly it's easy to put on and take off. The mounting looks simple.
 
This thread is becoming completely off topic, but I can also vouch for the Fehling rack, it looks beautiful on the bike, and my wife really likes the grab handle. Very easy install indeed. I also discovered it thanks to Django.

d905e4475e0b43bbe284a600b4411785.jpg


Django, congrats on the purchase of the Roadcrafter! Now that you swapped your bike, are you doing a full style makeover also?
 
Ahh yes, beautiful rack. I had forgotten what it looked like.

Thanks guys.
 
Thread starter
alphonsus_imp said:
This thread is becoming completely off topic, but I can also vouch for the Fehling rack, it looks beautiful on the bike, and my wife really likes the grab handle. Very easy install indeed. I also discovered it thanks to Django.

d905e4475e0b43bbe284a600b4411785.jpg


Django, congrats on the purchase of the Roadcrafter! Now that you swapped your bike, are you doing a full style makeover also?
Nah. As long as it's black, style is ok. :cool:
 
I understand the roadcrafter is an outstanding piece of gear, wonderfully engineered and crafted but I just can't wrap my head around wearing coveralls when it's over 75 degrees. Just a mental thing for me. Just like I can't wrap my head around a 650 twin being big enough to transverse the country on. They tell me they will do it just fine, it just doesn't seem feasible to me.
 
Can't wrap my head around the price. The entire set up, boots to helmet, should come in under $1k. Most of that goes for helmet, boots and gloves. Less than $200 for a jacket and under $100 for pants is where my budget is.
 
Read a thread on an Aussie forum this week about a bloke who did 14,000 + kms around the middle and east of Australia on a 250 dirt bike.
 
aren't you supposed to be riding someplace right now?
 
There was a couple years ago I recall that rode around the world on a 250cc if memory serves me.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Yeah, but aren't I supposed to check the forum while I have coffee?

Edit: Now it's petrol and a sandwich.
 
Wow, I see you take your job seriously.

JUst because someting CAN be done, doesn't mean it's a great idea to do it lol. My wife and I use to tour on an RD 350. WOuld not even attempt that solo now lol.
 
Back
Top