Wearing an Overall

Django

Road warrior
Thread starter
Somebody from our US friends posted a picture recently of a motorcylist's overall, to be weared over casual wear. It was partly red colored.

Can't find it anymore. Could some kind soul help me out and tell me the brand of that thing?
 
It's likely an Aerostitch Roadcrafter. A pricey but high quality one piece.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Probably Tink, he wears a 1 piece red Roadcrafter
 
I bought mine about 2 years ago. Here in TX, I went with the light weight version so I can still wear it in the hot summers. Well, the hot summers won. So this is a fall/winter/spring jumpsuit for me. I wear a 38 short in a men's suit. I bought a 38 short jumpsuit from them off their inventory, no custom measurement and custom stitching done. As delivered, my suit, fitted w/ their pads, fits me perfectly, from shoulder to ankle. Those guys at Aerostich knows how to size their jumpsuit for a man!
I went w/ the hi-vis and grey...

 
Thread starter
Interesting! Thank you very much!

Anybody else? I'd really appreciate your reports.

I'm thinking about, to buy one.
 
Django,

I bought my Aerostich Roadcrafter one-piece suit in 1991.
Used it daily on my ride to/from work.
Aerostich is very good with repairs, my suit has been sent to Aerostich twice for minor repairs due to wear and tear, never a crash.
Yes it is expensive, but very durable and will last for decades.
Look in any of the American motorcycle magazines and you will see Areostich suits.



 
Django - I have never met anyone who owned a Aerostitch suit who didn't love it. The only beef I've heard is that they can be a bit warm in summer.
 
I think any gear actually capable of saving your skin if you go sliding across the pavement is going to be warm in summer. (Unofficial member of the Aerostich fan club)
 
True, but I keep hoping that Aerostitch includes Kevlar mesh panels on the front and a couple of exhaust panels on the back to increase airflow without a significant reduction in abrasion resistance.
 
when i started riding i bought a fieldsheer highland 1 piece suit. have it for 14 or 15 years. its still usable, just getting old.
last summer bought a scorpion suit. both are considerably less than the aerostitch.
i wear the suit more in cold and rainy weather.
i know a few people who have the olympia mesh suit to wear in the hotter weather.
 
I open up the zippers on the sleeves, under the arms and on the back under the reflective strip and it does pretty good. I do have a Scorpion mesh jacket I put into service for the summer for in town when I'm doing mostly stop and go traffic.
 
Thread starter
Woooaah, I guess I ordered a Roadcrafter, an R3 in black with black ballistics and some changes to fit my size and riding position.

Well, quite expensive and now I've to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery. Best to just forget about it until it arrives...
 
Congrats.. that's about the same amount of time it takes to get a Fehling rack isn't it? lol
 
Well done, Django. Look forward to hearing how you like it.
 
Django_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats.. that's about the same amount of time it takes to get a Fehling rack isn't it? lol
That's exactly what I thought. :D
That's exactly what I thought. :D
OK, you two, tell the story. One sold said rack to the other? Is that right? Is it lost in transit?
 
Lol no. I wanted a Fehling luggage rack like Django had on his bike for my 14 DLX. Unfortunately no American distributors of Fehling products had any OR (and this blows my mind) would order me one. I contacted Django to see if a German distributor could get me one. Django kindly offered to order one in his name from Fehling the parent company, and would then mail it to me. Cool! So he ordered one. A week or so later Fehling contacted him and said they were out of stock and had no idea if or when they would be making any more. Oh well. Then after another week passed Mr. Fehling himself, contacted Django and told him they would make some more probably around mid May, and now we are just waiting on the word. All totaled this process has/will have taken six to eight weeks, about the same amount of time for Django to get his Aerostitch Roadcrafter..
 
Back
Top