Watch "cb1100 remus exhaust pair valve blocked" on YouTube

Or describing, wine, scotch, coffee or tea. Maybe we need some line like this for the CB1100.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
When you install an aftermarket exhaust, you will notice a popping when decelerating. The popping is there with stock exhaust but it is so quiet that you can barely hear it. It becomes more pronounced with louder exhaust with less back pressure. Air is fed into exhuast to help burn any leftover unburnt gas fumes for environmental pollution purposes. You can stick a bolt or marble in hose and reattach hose, thus blocking air, removing popping noise from extra gas fumes igniting in exhaust. Some people like the popping on deceleration. I made another youtube video " cb1100 remus exhaust decel popping " to show sound before blocking hose to pair valve.
 
Fred. So, to fully understand this since I'm slow, the video you have linked on this thread is with this hose blocked? Tell us more about where this hose is.
 
Isn't it more important to mention the exhaust you are running as for the sound? Since the pair Valve blocking does not really change or make the sound, it just helps control the deceleration popping, backfiring and gurgles.......could be misleading for those not familiar with what it is or does....
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
Nice sound, fruity yet mellow. Gruff yet subtle. Naughty yet nice.

Man, I should have gone into advertising.
A remarkably accurate description of my farts.
A remarkably accurate description of my farts.
Seriously? What is this 4th grade?

I see that didn't take long. 1 day.

C'mon fellas
 
Thread starter
Sorry to confuse people. I originally posted about my remus powercone slip-on exhaust. I made a video of the sound at idle and revving in nuetral. Next I made a video going down the road and noticed the popping on decel. Then I found the thread about blocking the pair valve, the forward most hose under front of gas tank. Then I made another video of the sound going down the road without the popping on decel. I tried to put all the videos in my first thread " remus powercone slipon exhaust ", but I did not know how, so they all kinda got posted with thier own thread instead of grouping them all together. If you use the search and type in pair valve, you can find more and better information about the subject. I was trying to have them together so people could compare the sound with or without pair valve block. I havent decided which way I prefer it. It is easy to undo if wanted. Thanks.

If you type " remus " in the search option, you will see all my posts in order.
 
The ferret_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
Nice sound, fruity yet mellow. Gruff yet subtle. Naughty yet nice.

Man, I should have gone into advertising.
A remarkably accurate description of my farts.
A remarkably accurate description of my farts.
Seriously? What is this 4th grade?

I see that didn't take long. 1 day.

C'mon fellas
A remarkably accurate description of my farts.
Seriously? What is this 4th grade?

I see that didn't take long. 1 day.

C'mon fellas
Ah come'on Ferret you old grouch ;) lighten up, it's nearly Christmas time!
:excited:
 
Alright guys, everyone knows that The ferret has his hands full around here. The majority of folks who visit this place are very appreciative of his tact and judgement. Please don't try to pick a fight with the man in charge.
 
So...to get this back on a more appropriate track.... Is the popping on decel either harmful to the engine or indicative of harm being done to the engine? If so, in what ways?
 
Thread starter
From what I have read, the pair valve was designed for epa requirements and the popping on decel is the pair valve doing its job. No harm, just some people do not like the sound when amplified by aftermarket exhaust. I have read on other forums that popping on decel on a carburated bike could indicate a lean condition, or is it a rich condition?. On EFI, the oxygen sensor analyzes the exhaust gasses for optimal fuel ratio and the ECM compensates by adjusting fuel injection pulse lengths and fuel timing. I may be wrong, but that is my understanding. Maybe some one with more factual knowledge can chime in.
 
Back
Top