Warning 7th Gear Designs Sprockets

rbike_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I placed an order for a 19/35 sprocket set from 7GD last fall and unfortunately sent cash(check) to him based on a forum post of a successful 19/37 another member purchased from him with good review.

The forum has been good over the year I have watched and been a member, but I will be very skeptical about purchases from non-traditional sources going forward. The advice posts have been excellent by all members. As far as I know, 7GD is not a forum member.

After reading other posts regarding 7GD totally ignoring phone calls and emails, I have become concerned and I believe he is extremely unprofessional or a scammer. I will be contacting the appropriate legal agencies and inform them of what has occurred.

This post is to warn other members of his activities.
 
Yea, it's not good when a supplier cuts off all contact particularly when they have already been paid. Hope this works out for you.

Please keep us informed.

If anyone else has any contact with this individual/company please let rbike know the contact information where this vendor can be reached.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yea, it's not good when a supplier cuts off all contact particularly when they have already been paid. Hope this works out for you.

Please keep us informed.

If anyone else has any contact with this individual/company please let rbike know the contact information where this vendor can be reached.
Found this by doing a Google search:

Contact Us: For general comments, questions, or orders
please don't hesitate to contact 7th Gear Designs.

Email: seventhgeardesigns@verizon.net

Phone: 626.825.9039

Address: West Covina, CA 91792

Also find us on facebook!

Looks like they haven't posted anything on FB since Sept. 2015.
 
Thread starter
White Dog: Thanks. I have this email and phone number you found. The problem is that he doesn't reply to email or answer the phone. I guess he is using caller ID to avoid answering when I call.

His "supposed excuses" seem to be OK initially - moving office, but after months that is no longer a valid reason. I have no idea what is going on. I may refer it to the DA....
 
rbike_imp said:
White Dog: Thanks. I have this email and phone number you found. The problem is that he doesn't reply to email or answer the phone. I guess he is using caller ID to avoid answering when I call.

His "supposed excuses" seem to be OK initially - moving office, but after months that is no longer a valid reason. I have no idea what is going on. I may refer it to the DA....
Don't know how you paid for the sprockets but your bank and/or credit card company surely would reimburse you and then go after the vendor.
 
Thread starter
Unfortunately, I sent "Jim Alfaro" a check because I did not have a PayPal account yet. I never even considered another MC would behave like this. I keep getting disappointed in the human species as I get older - they have so much potential, but ...
 
rbike_imp said:
Unfortunately, I sent "Jim Alfaro" a check because I did not have a PayPal account yet. I never even considered another MC would behave like this. I keep getting disappointed in the human species as I get older - they have so much potential, but ...
I would still ask your bank what they could do.
 
rbike_imp said:
Unfortunately, I sent "Jim Alfaro" a check because I did not have a PayPal account yet. I never even considered another MC would behave like this. I keep getting disappointed in the human species as I get older - they have so much potential, but ...
:excited::clap::clap:

Hope you get your hard earned money back into your bank.
 
rbike_imp said:
Unfortunately, I sent "Jim Alfaro" a check because I did not have a PayPal account yet. I never even considered another MC would behave like this. I keep getting disappointed in the human species as I get older - they have so much potential, but ...
I must say I agree with this when it comes to companies these days, but I am always amazed how helpful, friendly, dependable and trustworthy individuals are. Both in the MC field and in the archery field I have found the most amazing people. I have bought and sold on a man's word, so many times, sending and receiving product and checks and have never been ripped off or disappointed. I have travelled states away, and stayed in peoples homes having never met them in person, and have returned that favor to others. Am doing it again in May when an out of state forum member I have never met will stay in my home on the way to the rally. I have great faith in mankind. Companies not so much.

There are charlatans out there I am sure, see them on the news, but in the two hobbies I have been involved in my whole life, nothing but outstanding individuals.
 
I believe Jim commented on one of Chip Becks threads. I made contact with him after one of our members met him at a show. He was very slow to respond and I went with PBI. Steel was not as important as customer service and turn around time. Hope you have a good outcome.
 
Thread starter
As a manufacturer, unlike most in the US and around the world that have adopted the Walmartization and Chinafication of everything to a level below what the Orient had in the 60s, I wanted steel sprockest and that is why I went with 7GD.

With the above mindset, there a few sayings that are the foundation of how I operate: 1)There is never enough time to do it correctly the first time, but always enough time to do it a second time. 2)There are no points for second place.

Unfortunately, even when one wants to do it correctly and properly and willing to pay for it in today's business environment, one's options are limited or nonexistent.

Who knows, maybe I'll do the investment and start making sprockets myself.
If all I wanted was to use a CB1100 for a while until my next bike, and didn't care about who bought it after me, aluminum might be an option, but this is probably the last bike I will purchase or own so I want it to last without redoing things over and over. Remember 1st, 2nd time saying.
 
Thread starter
CIP57_imp said:
I believe Jim commented on one of Chip Becks threads. I made contact with him after one of our members met him at a show. He was very slow to respond and I went with PBI. Steel was not as important as customer service and turn around time. Hope you have a good outcome.
As I did some follow up this morning getting ready for my 19T/37T install over the next few weeks, I don't know if Jim of 7GD got his rear in gear due to Forum comments or it was just coincidence that Azusa Engineering finally was able to make my sprockets.

Apparently, he has been a LURKING (2 Days, 9 Hours, 28 Seconds spent online) member since March 2015, that IMHO should be ____ (hint G&F).


 
Nah. Last online here on 31 May 2015.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Nah. Last online here on 31 May 2015.
When I am not at home, I view this great forum on my phone. It is a great read. I am not signed in - I am a Guest - Unknown, Invisible, ...) I don't know if he is doing that, but at this point, I would not put anything past him. Again, this thread was just to warn other forum members so that they do not have to go through what I have experienced for 6 months. Take it as you desire - Buyer beware.
 
Hmm I thought I remebered him joining but couldn't locate him in the Member List which is alphabetical.

I may need to talk to Guth
 
He is on page 96 of the member list. It's in joining date order when I look at it. He joined in March 2015
 
popgun maybe it's because as a mod I have 3 ways I can view the member list..alphabetically, in ascending order of join date and descending order of join date. Additionally I use a search engine in which I put the first letter of the members name and it will pull up all members that start with that letter, add a second letter and it narrows the field, a 3rd letter narrows the choices even more then I just select the member I want.

Funny thing is when I typed in 7 nothing came up, then 7t and nothing came up, so went another direction and put in seventh and nothing came up. So I thought he wasn't a member. If I'd have put in 7th it would have come up.

Like with your name p, got me nothing..po, got me nothing.. pop got me popgun and poppa then I would select Popgun and your info pops up your join date (4-14-2013 6:35 a.m.), when you were last online (today 11:59 am), post count (3175) and referrals (0)

click on your name and I get all kinds of info about you which I won't divulge lol
 
Dang, I have a permanent record. Just like school! :)

I'm sure Cormanus will have something to say about this!
 
Back
Top