Wanted - Main Harness/Meter Harness & Parts

pekingduck

Road warrior
Thread starter
I am looking for a meter harness from a  2017 EX or RS, or possibly a main harness for any year - I only need a specific connector on the harness, and it can be any year.  Also interested in broken meter assemblies for parts - LMK what you have - maybe we can save someone's bike!

[attachment=975]
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7628.webp
    IMG_7628.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 54
PD, can you not buy the other side of that plug and connect wires yourself? Just curious.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus said:
PD, can you not buy the other side of that plug and connect wires yourself? Just curious.

Unfortunately, the terminals are not universal, and not readily available on Honda's motorcycle side.  A lot of them look similar, but are different as far as slots, or depths or other factors  I know that the Hondas made in Thailand use different brand connectors.   I should look into the car side to see if Honda uses the same connectors.
 
You could also try asking the ever helpful Lord Popgun who has often been able to identify where to find Honda connectors.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus said:
You could also try asking the ever helpful Lord Popgun who has often been able to identify where to find Honda connectors.

A good suggestion, and Toyota and Honda car service departments have access to them, if ordered for a known, particular application.  But the dimensions need to be exact, so I would probably have to go to a junk yard to find one.
 
Pekingduck, I'm not a big fan of AI, but I've occasionally found Google's ability to match photographs handy. I tried it on your picture and found this information.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus said:
Pekingduck, I'm not a big fan of AI, but I've occasionally found Google's ability to match photographs handy. I tried it on your picture and found this information.

Thanks Cormanus, but that link doesn't work for me.  I did find an awesome site -  Automotive Connectors | Connector Experts - with the exact connector.
 A niche business to be sure, and a last resort, but at $97 for just ONE connector, it was a bit dear for me.  However, after a bit more searching, for "8-pin connectors", I found lots of the same connector side I have.  Turns out it plugs into 2020-2021 Toyota Corolla headlight assemblies, which I found used on eBay broken, for $30 shipped.
 
Ah, well, apologies. It's probably no longer relevant, but I managed to recreate it.

[attachment=984]
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0981.webp
    IMG_0981.webp
    177.3 KB · Views: 45
Thread starter
Cormanus said:
Ah, well, apologies. It's probably no longer relevant, but I managed to recreate it.

Cormanus, that's great info. Hopefully my $30 headlight can yield the correct part, but having the info you gave is a great resource.   We'll know this week!  Thanks again - love this forum!

With the part number, I found I could get the terminal from Amazon for $12.
I'll try and cancel the eBay order, but I doubt I can....
 
That does assume that Google's AI has it right! But good luck. I'll be interested to hear how you get on.
 
PB, we can just have Cormanus send it up from the castle wine cellar. :)
 
Sorry milord. Someone drank all the beer. And the wine. And the spirits. Actually, the cellar's pretty much dry.

hic!
 
Back
Top