Wanted: Asahi Pannier Hardcases

JRD

First service completed
Thread starter
I tried reaching out to Mr. T at Samurider.com, but he tells me they have been discontinued for a few years now and doesn’t have line on any.

Figure it’s a long shot, but if anyone is selling, hit me up.

Thanks!
 
Have you tried Japan.webike.net? Members have had success there. I'd not be optimistic though as rocking horse droppings and aftermarket parts for the CB1100 have much in common.
 
I do not know if the style and size are right for you, but I believe the SW-Motech Urban Top Case and Side Cases match the aesthetic of a CB1100. I own the Top Case, which appears in the header of the Forum. A picture of the side case is attached. Please see URL:

SW Motech Side Case

Note that the side case also requires a mounting bracket. Hope this helps. David
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0798.webp
    IMG_0798.webp
    150.4 KB · Views: 82
Thread starter
Cormanus said:
Have you tried Japan.webike.net? Members have had success there. I'd not be optimistic though as rocking horse droppings and aftermarket parts for the CB1100 have much in common.

Great rec!

Webike: Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Gears, OEM parts & Reviews

I just need to figure out if the mounting hardware is compatible, but the cases themselves look correct.


Hmm…

Comparing the webikes posting (Champion : Used part, condition B. Asahi Windshield, Champion Bag pannier case with brackets for Honda VT400S (NC46) and VT750S (RC58). Keyless. [2032058246]) against other forum member’s photos (Samurider Paniers-review + pictures) it looks like the screw holes are in a different position. That said, both are mounted from a plate of sheet metal. I could probably just re-drill it to make it fit ?
 
Thread starter
I’m going for the Shadow 750 version. I’ll have to drill a new hole (or two) in the mounting plate, but I’m pretty sure this will work ?

I will update on the mods/accessories page when they get here from Japan.
 
Best of luck JRD. Look forward to the report.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JRD
I had a set of the Asasi side cases on my 2013. They looked good, but leaked every time I rode in the rain which was a lot commuting in the Seattle area. Anything I put in there had to be in plastic bags to stay dry.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JRD
Thread starter
kennyw said:
I had a set of the Asasi side cases on my 2013. They looked good, but leaked every time I rode in the rain which was a lot commuting in the Seattle area. Anything I put in there had to be in plastic bags to stay dry.

Good to know. Did they leak from the top or did it get up from the mounting hardware at the base?
 
Yes!! Please keep us posted. I've wanted a set for my DLX since I laid eyes on them. A member here had a pair they said they were thinking of selling, I messaged him but he never responded.
 
I’ll be selling a Givi Monokey old-school 45 liter top box. Looks like a vintage hard black suitcase, definitely fits the vibe of the bike.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4058.webp
    IMG_4058.webp
    60 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top